• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Nerds, can we talk about how messed up Marvel's Celestial Madonna arc was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

HOW did I lost this thread ?

Lets bump it before it is late !

Holy shit that is some "why more women should write comics : the thread"

Edit : Which reminds me of this "pre-Anita Sarkeesian boom" video where she talks about mystical pregnancies in tv shows that is basicaly this but live action

HOW did I lost this thread ?

Lets bump it before it is late !

Holy shit that is some "why more women should write comics : the thread"

Edit : Which reminds me of this "pre-Anita Sarkeesian boom" video where she talks about mystical pregnancies in tv shows that is basicaly this but live action
Yeah pregnancies as a plot device has always been a thing, including supernatural/extraterrestrial shit. I don't mind it, but it has to be used in a really specific way and done really well.

Macam

Banned
more like different era different shit

marvel doesnt remember century

Holy hell, I vaguely recalled this character, and just flashed back 20+ years to remembering picking up this (questionable) comic off the shelves.

I also forgot how terrible of a character U.S. Agent was.

Slayven

Holy hell, I vaguely recalled this character, and just flashed back 20+ years to remembering picking up this (questionable) comic off the shelves.

I also forgot how terrible of a character U.S. Agent was.

U S Agent was born to be the asshole and I think he does it well.

PBalfredo

Worse. They Tom King basically character assassinated him. There's basically no way he can ever come back from the hole they wrote him into.

Some time later, Victor moves in with Vision after getting an internship in Washington, D.C. It is later revealed that Victor is actually acting as an undercover agent for the Avengers, with orders to spy on Vision and his family due to their increasingly erratic behavior.[12] It is revealed via flashbacks that during his time with the Runaways, Victor had secretly developed an addiction to vibranium, which for him acts similar to narcotics used by humans. After using the vibranium in a special piano given to Vision by Black Panther, Victor misjudges the strength of his powers and accidentally kills Vision's son, Vin.[13] Victor's cybernetic heart was ripped out of his body by Vision's wife Virginia, seemingly killing him. With his final thoughts, he is at peace, knowing that he "will never be Victorious."[14]

Fucking hell.

Marvel had absolutely no idea how to handle Runaways after BKV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom