• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Pau

I was thinking that too honestly, but AB is sadly the person who started the whole Kalor nonsense. It did give everyone a very solid reason for Hope aligned players to be voting for Kalor. So it might not have been them taking advantage to save Zipped, but them taking advantage of being able to vote out a Hope player and easily pin the blame on AB. Because it was really kind of AB's fault.
But otherwise, Kalor dying meant that we would now know that a mimic is in play. Is it worth giving that up just to kill ordinary Hope? Seems like that trade of would be worth more if it was to save Despair.

Swamped

Banned
Actually what doesn't make sense to me is, why fucking kill AB? He is the one who started the thing against Kalor. He was a prime suspect for lynching today. Why didn't Despair feel safe enough to let Town kill him?

I have to ask myself why Despair decided to kill AB today. It really seemed like he would have been the obvious Punishment choice for today. Are they just going down their rulebreakers list or something? Did they realize that AB was lying about his role?

Dammit Corn!
So you're the ninja after all!

Oh yeah, there was something else I wanted to bring up about Sawneeks. I noticed that she kept bringing up the ninja theory, she did this even after Ty4on's post here. At this point I'm fairly certain there is no ninja, because we have a mimic. But it's interesting how she brings up that theory (to lead us off track?)

Makai

Actually what doesn't make sense to me is, why fucking kill AB? He is the one who started the thing against Kalor. He was a prime suspect for lynching today. Why didn't Despair feel safe enough to let Town kill him?
Prioritizing power roles. That's what I'd do. If we buy your theory that they targeted Pau/Ty the last two days, they gave up and AbsolutBro was next in line.

*Splinter

AB seemed convinced that he would be a lynch target if Kalor flipped Hope. I couldn't see the logic though, he had to have known that Pau at least saw the same person, so it's not like he lied?

Sawneeks claims:

Night 1: CzarTim, SalvaPot, and Crab

Night 3: *redacted* - (later said to be Kalor)

What strikes me as odd is why did she not see "Kalor" on N1? Why didn't anybody see Kalor on N1 actually?

If the mimic needs to spend a night stealing someone's identity, I imagine they have to go to that person's room to do it. So Sawneeks should have seen whoever stole the identity on N1. But she didn't.

Either the mimic did not need to go to Kalor's room on N1 to impersonate him, or Sawneeks is the mimic.

I actually can see the possibility that the mimic doesn't need to go to a room to impersonate. Rather the mimic might have this role:

On each night you may PM me with one of these two commands:

PM <player name> and your player name will appear as that player's if seen during the Night Phase.

PM <player name> to kill that player. Or a location to kill all players at that location.

Swamped

Banned
*sigh* Look, I'm not asking for N1,2,3 or 5. I guess there is some kind of algorithm or randomness to the choice of the room and you can't reconstruct this by just one datapoint

...How do you know that they go to different rooms every night? Maybe they just go to the same one?

*Splinter

*sigh* Look, I'm not asking for N1,2,3 or 5. I guess there is some kind of algorithm or randomness to the choice of the room and you can't reconstruct this by just one datapoint
If Despair have indeed been targeting them then they presumably have more than one data point

Prioritizing power roles. That's what I'd do. If we buy your theory that they targeted Pau/Ty the last two days, they gave up and AbsolutBro was next in line.

Why not Sawneeks though? AB was more at risk than Sawneeks of being killed today by lynching. He's the one who started the bandwagon against Kalor.

But part of me worries. I feel like there's too much suspicious stuff about Sawneeks. Like how she wasn't targeted. She's already said she can't wander on even nights. She'd have been in her room and without her role. She was a sitting duck. Yet they went after AB. Who was also probably maybe going to be lynched today anyway had he survived the night. Or how nobody can verify whether she was actually ever seen on N3.

What? By lynching Kalor we made a lot of progress by confirming that we had a mimic.

Had AB been alive I would have defended him even more than I am defending Sawneeks because only Kalor and AB were seen by Pau N3 and N4. Lynching Kalor was a risky move.

Hrrmm... You're actually right about that. I can't argue with it.

Pau

AB seemed convinced that he would be a lynch target if Kalor flipped Hope. I couldn't see the logic though, he had to have known that Pau at least saw the same person, so it's not like he lied?
To be fair, I would have been very suspicious of AB for the rest of the game and thinking he was trying to pull another con on us ala CzarTim.

How about you list the possibilities and I'll decide if my information is actually useful for Hope?

Because CzarTim was the killer N1?

Well yes, but the question is why. The mimic I think needed to spend N1 to get their disguise on. The question is, did they need to go to Kalor's room to do it? Or just simply send a PM?

I actually feel like the latter is more likely. Which means I need to drop my current suspicions against Sawneeks. I'm tunneling too much.

This would be a good point, but this was an "odd" night

Oh derp... it was N5 not N4 last night.

And Pau saw "Kalor". But no Sawneeks again?

I know I literally just said I was tunneling and needed to drop the subject, but that's even more suspicious. But can literally anybody verify whether Sawneeks ever actually stepped out of her room on any night besides N1?

Swamped

Banned
Again:

N1: Franconp
N2: Terrabyte
N3: Zipped
N4: Goshujinsama

Actually...something about this list is bothering me. I understand investigating the first three, but why Goshu on N4? I'll go through AB's D4 posts to understand better. I personally thought that Goshu was Hope (especially after his claim, and the reason he didn't clear up the misunderstanding from D1, and his general posting style), and many others did too. But maybe AB decided to investigate him because he was on no-one's radar.

Ok, I guess I won't get an answer now. Just note, *Splinter, you either just have saved our Lovers or a member of Despair. I really don't want to elaborate in case you are right.

I'm also looking forward to what Sawneeks has to say

Makai

Why not Sawneeks though? AB was more at risk than Sawneeks of being killed today by lynching. He's the one who started the bandwagon against Kalor.

But part of me worries. I feel like there's too much suspicious stuff about Sawneeks. Like how she wasn't targeted. She's already said she can't wander on even nights. She'd have been in her room and without her role. She was a sitting duck. Yet they went after AB. Who was also probably maybe going to be lynched today anyway had he survived the night. Or how nobody can verify whether she was actually ever seen on N3.
lol, I was going to say...you already know the answer to this question. I didn't catch the part about her moving only on certain nights. I'm going to go out on a limb here...it's time for Sawneeks to explain what her role does, as well as disclose everyone that she has seen. Pau/Ty reveal who they have seen after Sawneeks. It's Day 6. We're hurting ourselves by withholding this information from most of the group.

But can literally anybody verify whether Sawneeks ever actually stepped out of her room on any night besides N1?

Royal_Flush made a chart.

I'm not interested in your role unless you are Despair. Then please roleclaim.

sqfin7so.png

I don't have fancy maps, but here is my table with all movements. Top row (before the free row) indicates the target room. "UP" means Unknown Person

Actually...something about this list is bothering me. I understand investigating the first three, but why Goshu on N4? I'll go through AB's D4 posts to understand better. I personally thought that Goshu was Hope (especially after his claim, and the reason he didn't clear up the misunderstanding from D1, and his general posting style), and many others did too. But maybe AB decided to investigate him because he was on no-one's radar.

This is very valid. As my comment to Kalor prior to the Day ending on Day 4, no one should be placed above suspicion. I am very glad that Kalor ended up voting for me because this is how Hope should play and it actually lessened by suspicion on him. Had he survived, he would have dropped out of my suspicion list. I am also glad that AbsolutBro decided to continue to investigate me.

Bear in mind that Kalor had consistently been in my radar due to his middle of the road stances. I believe this is a style that Despair would adopt. I encouraged Kalor twice to adopt a bolder approach and he did so. I would like to acknowledge and appreciate this.

Should there be any concerns about my alignment, I am willing to respond accordingly and in forthright manners, so that Hope may determine better as a unity of any one player's stance (in this case, mine). We should not shy away from applying pressure to generate leads.

Swamped, following your line of thoughts, is there anything in particular other than the fact that I have been above suspicion that you would like me to address? I can only say that, from my perspectives, I have attempted to be as helpful as I can be to Hope, but self-perception is ordinarily full with bias so if there has been any post or vote that you would like me to clarify, please indicate the issues to me.

Pau

Some evidence for *Splinter being the Mimic if the following conditions are true:
a) Mimic did not need to go to Kalor's room N1 to get the disguise.
b) Mimic needs to leave from their own room every night.

Then:

1) N2: *Splinter's room is the only starting room where I would have seen "Kalor" and where the Mimic could have reached SalvaPot. Sawneeks wasn't out that night so she could not verify.
2) N3: *Splinter (as "Kalor") attempted to kill Sawneeks but failed. Sawneeks saw "Kalor" but it's not super suspicious because she'll see him every time he moves.
3) N4: *Splinter (as "Kalor") attempted to kill Ty4on or me by targeting one of our rooms, the empty room, or one of the right facilities.

How about you list the possibilities and I'll decide if my information is actually useful for Hope?

a) You two are Despair
b) Revealing this would likely get you killed

I hoped by getting a quick answer from you you would slip up. But that chance is over now.

I also realized b) only after Swamped posted, so yeah it might have been a stupid idea. Sorry

Ty4on

Reading the old pages for hints and how the hell did I forget this!?
So. Why do I think Terrabyte is Hope?

It starts, funnily enough, with his vote for me on day 1. It's risky enough being the first person to throw out a vote. It's just as risky, imo, to be the First Bandwagoner, which is exactly what he did.

He gives early reads, encourages us not to tunnel, has fairly clear expectations, and pushes others to give information.

The more information is out there, the better for Hope.

D2 he seems fairly convinced neither are despair, but was willing to do what had to be done for the team. Even when he wants to call me out, I can appreciate what he's doing: pressing the players for information.

He's willing to analyze, and put forward theories (no matter how crazy).

And let's face it, knowing Czar is Despair and the ultimate in bussable roles, defending him is a pretty weak play for other Despair players.

Am I 100% sure Terrabyte is Hope? Not a chance. Is he high on my suspect list? Not at all.

Ty4on

I think that post could have been what killed him. A few posts afterwards he admits to targeting Terrabyte N2. This was D4 though so I don't know why he hadn't said anything of Zipped.

Pau

a) You two are Despair
b) Revealing this would likely get you killed

I hoped by getting a quick answer from you you would slip up. But that chance is over now.

I also realized b) only after Swamped posted, so yeah it might have been a stupid idea. Sorry
Slip up so that Despair can finally kill us? :p

I don't know if there's anything besides our deaths that will convince people that we're Hope. If one of us dies and flips a certain way, there are still people who think we don't have the same alignment. Hope wasting two days would suck. Although I do understand the suspicion.

I honestly think we're gonna be killed soon enough. And it might be easier to Hope to not tunnel on other Hope members once all the Hope rulebreakers are done with.

Pau

I think that post could have been what killed him. A few posts afterwards he admits to targeting Terrabyte N2. This was D4 though so I don't know why he hadn't said anything of Zipped.
Going along this line, what would AB do if he found Makai's partner? Would he try to soft confirm Makai's claim?

Also why didn't he investigate Makai? ;-;

Swamped

Banned
Swamped, following your line of thoughts, is there anything in particular other than the fact that I have been above suspicion that you would like me to address? I can only say that, from my perspectives, I have attempted to be as helpful as I can be to Hope, but self-perception is ordinarily full with bias so if there has been any post or vote that you would like me to clarify, please indicate the issues to me.

Thanks, definitely! You and Flushy are players I want to re-read today.
One thing that occurred to me is that AB may have figured something out regarding one of the students he investigated but decided not to vote for them since that vote wouldn't go anywhere (Goshu would theoretically fit this scenario since he only had one vote on him).

I was about to say that I trusted TB for this reason, because even though he had a lot of suspicion on him, AB never voted for him. BUT looking through the vote sheet, it seems like only 2 people voted for TB D5, and one of them withdrew (Zipped). So maybe that was all in my head.

AB has never voted for Zipped after his investigation, even though he had quite a few votes on him D5. This furthers my belief that Zipped is Hope.

Interesting...

Makai

So...making sure my notes are correct. None of the following claimed a power role, right?

*Splinter
Christine Mackenzie/Barrylocke
CornBurrito
Kingkitty
Rest
swamped
TL21xx
Vivi0ggi

*Splinter

AB has never voted for Zipped after his investigation, even though he had quite a few votes on him D5. This furthers my belief that Zipped is Hope.

Interesting...
Even more than that, he probably saved Zipped by outing Kalor when he did.

Do I owe Zipped an apology? :(

I'm sorry you're so Despair-y

Ty4on

Here's Zipped. This was D5 BTW.
[...]
1. The current vote on Zipped: I don't feel it. I'm getting pretty strong Hope-read from Zipped. I don't really have an issue with the questions he's asking, since I know if I'd be frustrated with talk of Rule Breakers and having to be on the outside.
[...]

Some evidence for *Splinter being the Mimic if the following conditions are true:
a) Mimic did not need to go to Kalor's room N1 to get the disguise.
b) Mimic needs to leave from their own room every night.

Then:

1) N2: *Splinter's room is the only starting room where I would have seen "Kalor" and where the Mimic could have reached SalvaPot. Sawneeks wasn't out that night so she could not verify.
2) N3: *Splinter (as "Kalor") attempted to kill Sawneeks but failed. Sawneeks saw "Kalor" but it's not super suspicious because she'll see him every time he moves.
3) N4: *Splinter (as "Kalor") attempted to kill Ty4on or me by targeting one of our rooms, the empty room, or one of the right facilities.

I'm perfectly fine with a *Splinter vote.

I definitely feel that condition 1 is true. I also said on like D4 that I felt *Splinter was Despair.

Top Bottom