• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

*Splinter

Actually that won't help, Kitty has been pretty suspicious. Just take another look at the day 3 votes and come to your own conclusions, I guess

Re: "Kalor" had to acquire their costume first
Unless Sawneeks is Despair that doesn't check out. I'm assuming that the person would have been seen as themselves during that night. So if they got to Kalor's room N1, Sawneeks would have seen them. If hey got there N2, AB would have seen their real identity (because he passed by Kalor's room).
It could be completely possible tough if Sawneeks is Despair.

Re: AB's investigation
I think we can see all of AB's target as cleared as long as nothing extraordinary happens.

Re: Talk about Pau and Ty4on being Despair
Still possible. Some people (including me, tough I kind of pulled the emergency break after I realized it) need to learn how to keep their mouth shut in case Despair hasn't figured out yet what's going on there.

Re: Who to lynch
The decision in my opinion really is between *Splinter and Sawneeks.

PRO Sawneeks:
- If "Kalor" got to choose their costume the obvious pick would be the person directly across.
- No person so far can verify her story (except "Kalor")

CONTRA Sawneeks:
- If she flips Hope and Pau/Ty4on get killed tonight we have no roaming PRs left (Tough both Sawneeks and Pau/Ty4on have a very restrictive movement ruleset that Despair easily can adjust to))
- Pau would not have seen "Kalor" if she headed towards SalvaPot N2. (If CzarTim killed SalvaPot: What was "Kalor" doing?)
- I still don't feel her being Despair

PRO *Splinter:
- I have a worse gut feeling on him than on Sawneeks. He often asks for reads yet my notes don't have a whole lot of his reads. Also that huge CB post at the beginning if D3.

CONTRA *Splinter:
- If he was able to choose his costume (note the "if"), why would he pick Kalor over Ty4on? (Pau had not claimed by the time "Kalor" was seen the first time)

Actually that won't help, Kitty has been pretty suspicious. Just take another look at the day 3 votes and come to your own conclusions, I guess

I don't follow.

*Splinter

The sad thing about being an ordinary townie is you're never really trusted until you're dead, and by then it's too late for you to say anything.

bread.png

I really wanted a gif of a guy solemnly feeding ducks... Oh well

I actually covered this in my D4 mega post.

Personally, I think Terrabyte might be mafia based on his D3 behaviour. Except that he switched his vote from Sawneeks to Rest, which made it easier to lynch Czar.
However, I think that once Czar got 6 votes he probably told Despair to not fight too hard for him vocally (which is what Terra did), and instead just fight using votes and as few words as possible. That's the least conspicuous. So we may just want to look at a late Sawneeks voter who wasn't that loud. I highly mistrust Splinter and Kingkitty because they fit these criteria.

Something really interesting thing is this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175967871&postcount=2679

6-8 vote. In Sawneeks favor. Despair needed two more votes to majority Sawneeks out of the game. 8 + 6 = 14. How many people were left in the game? If Despair had two players left that had not voted, they could have clinched it.
Either Despair has inactive players (possible) or ALL the Despair members had already voted. We need to take a look at that.

kingkitty
Makai
Terrabyte20xx
*Splinter
AbsolutBro

are people who ended with votes on Sawneeks (aside from Crab and Czar). Again, I think it is unlikely that AB is Despair. I think kingkitty/Makai/Terrabyte/*Splinter should get most of our focus. I think at the very least, 1 of them is Despair.

Interestingly enough we've somewhat cleared Terrabyte since AB visited him. And we cleared AB. I'm choosing to believe Makai for the time being. Which means... if I am correct you and kingkitty are very likely to be Despair.

On the other hand, assuming kingkitty and Splinter are Despair, that means 3 Despair voted for Sawneeks and the remaining 2-3 voted for Czartim. Which means I may very well be wrong about my "Despair wanted to keep Czar alive" hypothesis.

If Despair actually wanted Sawneeks alive, then I need to change my thinking. People who voted for Czar on D3:

Ty4on
Swamped
Sawneeks
goshujinsama
Pau
Barrylocke - Mackenzie
Crab
CornBurrito
Kalor
ViviOggi - Royal
Zippedpinhead

Bolded are certifiable Hope. This leaves us with Ty4on/Pau/Sawneeks/Swamped/Makenzie/Royal.

Of those I think Ty4on, Pau, and Royal are Hope.

Which leaves me with Sawneeks, Swamped, and Mackenzie as suspects.

So unless something big changes my current suspect list is: Sawneeks/Splinter/Kingkitty/Mackenzie/Swamped.

kingkitty

I think I left enough hints for Makai that he should be able to confirm me (maybe). If he's not sure I'm the lucky student, he can ask me questions that only lucky students would know.

The two things that kept me from role claiming:

1) I wanted to be attacked, causing another lost night.

2) I wasn't sure of Makai's alignment...however because of how the PM was worded, I'm 91.3 percent confident we both share the hope alignment. Also because Makai brought this same thing up, made me more confident of his hopeness.

Considering that I'm feeling more heat on the suspicions list, and Makai wanted me to roleclaim on Day 6, I decided to let the truth flow.

kingkitty

I might have waited longer if we hadn't already gotten so lucky with those 2 deathless nights. But eh, I feel like role claiming. Maybe it's because of my sunburn.

*Splinter

Considering that I'm feeling more heat on the suspicions list, and Makai wanted me to roleclaim on Day 6, I decided to let the truth flow.
*sigh*
I was just in the middle of clearing you, but that works too I guess.

I shouldn't be posting right now, so I'll explain my point to Corn after work

Swamped

Banned
[*]Swamped – active and asking questions throughout the phases. She picked up on the issue that some players have not been questioned well lately. Notably, she herself has not been at the receiving end of suspicion as of late.

Yeah, I actually miss SalvaPot in this regard, it was fun having back-and-forths with him. I think more suspicion will fall on me in the coming day phases though (if I remain alive, and I might do since Despair seems to be obsessed with hunting PRs).

so...we have a mimic

anyways I'm the lucky student.

What? But I'm the Lucky Student!

No, I'm definitely not, but I am waiting to see if someone counter claims!

Swamped

Banned
Just a very quick thought before i have to rush off - does AB outing Pau as PR make sense now that we know without a shadow of doubt that he was Hope? I'll need to look up Czar's reaction to that. In fact, i was operating on the assumption that AB and Czar were whoring together on that D3 gambit, so I'll probably need to revisit that at some point.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Some thoughts:

Assuming none are lying, which is admittedly a big assumption, I think I've figured out how Sawneeks and Pau/Ty4on's roles tick. I won't state my educated guess until I have permission from them, but I feel my mental image makes sense.

If Makai and King Kitty can confirm eachother, we might just be able to really narrow down this suspect list.

I have one final question for Sawneeks. Depending the answer, my theory could change drastically, but I can't have a complete picture without it.

Sawneeks, where do you go at night? I don't care what you do or how you get there, just the name of the location.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well....

Kingkitty's claim kind of makes sense, actually. I mean it could explain Day 1 at the very least anyway. I'm going to wait for Makai to say something first before I say anything else though.

Some thoughts:

Assuming none are lying, which is admittedly a big assumption, I think I've figured out how Sawneeks and Pau/Ty4on's roles tick. I won't state my educated guess until I have permission from them, but I feel my mental image makes sense.

If Makai and King Kitty can confirm eachother, we might just be able to really narrow down this suspect list.

I have one final question for Sawneeks. Depending the answer, my theory could change drastically, but I can't have a complete picture without it.

Sawneeks, where do you go at night? I don't care what you do or how you get there, just the name of the location.

I would love to hear your idea but I would prefer it if you did not say it quite yet. Only because you probably do understand how it works and I'm not yet going to out my full role or anything else on it unless I absolutely need to.

*Splinter

just out of curiosity I'd like to see that work, whenever you have time.

Maybe 'clear' is a strong word, this was mostly for Corn. He's put a loooot of stock in his D3 voting theory, and I had reason to believe it was false.

Anyway, he basically saw what I was getting at:
If you look at the votes for Sawneeks (i.e. to save CzarTim), the only "suspicious persons" (according to Makai's list) are me and kingkitty. Now I'm assuming I'll be voted out today (as I said earlier, the most 'likely' theory is me=mimic), so tomorrow it will be known that I am Hope. At that point the only non-confirmed person voting Tim will be kingkitty, and I find it very hard to believe that if Despair really wanted to spare Tim, they couldn't figure out how to get more than one of their votes against him,

So basically the theory was bunk, doesn't really clear kitty but its one less reason to suspect him. I might have dug through the thread for some other stuff if I wanted to push it, but I don't know how much I was willing to bet on my hunch.

My hunch being that you were lucky; guessed it here and here

Sawneeks

Banned
Do we have a list of who saw whom in Fight Club over the past few days? I want to take a look at it and see if there is any correlation to the Splinter=mimic theory.

Also, Terrabyte, if your theory is correct then you know why I'm not going to answer that.

Terrabyte20xx

Also, Terrabyte, if your theory is correct then you know why I'm not going to answer that.
That's all I needed to know.

I'll keep my theory quiet for now, but I will state it's results for now because the evidence in front of me is pretty overwhelming.

Rest

Christina Mackenzie

Swamped

Corn Burrito

Royal_Flush

*Splinter

The Remnants of Dispair are among them.

*Splinter

I'll keep my theory quiet for now, but I will state it's results for now because the evidence in front of me is pretty overwhelming.

Rest

Christina Mackenzie

Swamped

Corn Burrito

Royal_Flush

*Splinter

Is this the same list Corn posted last night, minus kingkitty who has since role claimed?

I feel like we aren't getting anywhere without new information...

I'm not interested in your role unless you are Despair. Then please roleclaim.

I don't have fancy maps, but here is my table with all movements. Top row (before the free row) indicates the target room. "UP" means Unknown Person

Do we have a list of who saw whom in Fight Club over the past few days? I want to take a look at it and see if there is any correlation to the Splinter=mimic theory.

Add
Pau
AbsolutBro
Kalor

Sawneeks
AbsolutBro

Terrabyte20xx

Did we ever come to an consensus on who "Kalor" would be if Swamped wasn't? Because I'm positive that Swamped is clean.

Was it *Splinter?

Sawneeks

Banned
Add
Pau
AbsolutBro
Kalor

Sawneeks
AbsolutBro

Thank you.

Going over the map and using who Pau/AB saw on Nights 3 to 5 the only option for the identity of the mimic is Splinter. Pau has always seen 'Kalor' since Night 2 meaning she always passes this this person on the way to her destination. Since she would always pass by Francomp, AB, and Splinter every night and as 2 of those players are dead and confirmed Hope this leaves only Splinter as the culprit for who she would always pass.

Is this the same list Corn posted last night, minus kingkitty who has since role claimed?

I feel like we aren't getting anywhere without new information...

There's really no new information to get. We could dig through all the previous posts and see if we magically notice something new. Or somehow change our current opinions based on our previous analysis. But I think that's a waste of time.

Fight Club was a dud last night since no new people were seen. I actually think Fight Club is now a total dud. Pau's movement is known (assuming Ty4on was telling the truth) so Despair can easily avoid her. Despair doesn't even need the mimic anymore, since all they have to do is kill Sawneeks tonight or tomorrow night and then avoid Pau's range.

I think the only new information we can get at this point is from role PMs.

*Splinter

I've been in two minds about this, but in a last ditch attempt to move the conversation in a more Hopeful direction...

I am the Super High School Level Programmer

Every night I use my 1337 computer skills to hack into the school's security cameras. I can choose any of the four main facilities to WATCH for activity.

Now my results so far have been kind of disappointing, so I won't share them unless I have permission from Sawneeks to reveal her N1, N5, or both. I think I can say that my N1 result is the reason I tried to defend Sawneeks on D3 (and any other time).

As previously mentioned, those large rooms have seemed wildly unimportant so far, so I always thought it a little strange that we had a role dedicated to watching them. My deduction has been that something important can be observed in these rooms - up until last night I had thought this was the only way a ninja could be 'seen', although I guess mimic works too. The alternative of course is that I'm just not important. Can't all be winners I guess (and this seems a little more plausible now that I know we had a cop).

So yeah. I'm Hope, I suspect Sawneeks is Hope, and Fight Club isn't Hopeless just yet.

Rest

Christina Mackenzie

Swamped

Corn Burrito

Royal_Flush

*Splinter

Assuming Sawneeks is Hope.

I ordered the list in terms of how much I think they are Despair from posting behaviour alone:

Rest
Christina Mackenzie
*Splinter
Swamped
CornBurrito
Royal_Flush

Due to map mechanics reason, I think we have to go after *Splinter today. I also think in the *Splinter/Sawneeks choice *Splinter is the way to go if we don't get further information. He is Low Risk/High Reward while Sawneeks is High Risk/High Reward.

Sawneeks

Banned
However, after going over who AB saw...

On Night 2 he went to investigate Terrabyte20xx meaning he would have passed by Splinter, Pau, and Ty4on on his way there. However, he only mentioned seeing Pau, SalvaPot, and redacted ("kalor") that night and it leads me to wonder if maybe Splinter isn't the mimic but Ty4on is. Has anyone other than Pau even seen him move?

I've been in two minds about this, but in a last ditch attempt to move the conversation in a more Hopeful direction...

Every night I use my 1337 computer skills to hack into the school's security cameras. I can choose any of the four main facilities to WATCH for activity.

Now my results so far have been kind of disappointing, so I won't share them unless I have permission from Sawneeks to reveal her N1, N5, or both. I think I can say that my N1 result is the reason I tried to defend Sawneeks on D3 (and any other time).

As previously mentioned, those large rooms have seemed wildly unimportant so far, so I always thought it a little strange that we had a role dedicated to watching them. My deduction has been that something important can be observed in these rooms - up until last night I had thought this was the only way a ninja could be 'seen', although I guess mimic works too. The alternative of course is that I'm just not important. Can't all be winners I guess (and this seems a little more plausible now that I know we had a cop).

So yeah. I'm Hope, I suspect Sawneeks is Hope, and Fight Club isn't Hopeless just yet.

I err... I don't believe you.

Ok real talk if we choose to believe every outed PR and trust in ABs skill at interpreting role names:

Swamped
Barrylocke - Mackzenie
CornBurrito
ViviOggi - Royals
Rest

those are the only people left. And I know I'm not Despair which leaves: Swamped/Mackenzie/Royals/Rest.

I really think someone's lying. Whether that be Splinter or Pau/Ty4on.

Sawneeks

Banned

Huh. Surprised you were able to catch that on two different Nights. I'm curious though, don't say the facilities themselves but could you give the first letter for where you saw me on those Nights?

*Splinter

Huh. Surprised you were able to catch that on two different Nights. I'm curious though, don't say the facilities themselves but could you give the first letter for where you saw me on those Nights?
Err... They each have a different first letter, how does that help?

However, after going over who AB saw...

On Night 2 he went to investigate Terrabyte20xx meaning he would have passed by Splinter, Pau, and Ty4on on his way there. However, he only mentioned seeing Pau, SalvaPot, and redacted ("kalor") that night and it leads me to wonder if maybe Splinter isn't the mimic but Ty4on is. Has anyone other than Pau even seen him move?

You know, I didn't comment when you first mentioned this. I didn't comment when Zipped mentioned it. But by now I think even the dumbest of Despair has figured out what happened (Assuming that Pau and Ty4on are Hope). We need to think before we post. This is what I meant by
Re: Talk about Pau and Ty4on being Despair
Still possible. Some people (including me, tough I kind of pulled the emergency break after I realized it) need to learn how to keep their mouth shut in case Despair hasn't figured out yet what's going on there.

My whole "Tell me where you went N4" thing was based on this. Maybe they would have said the wrong thing and I that would have been confirmation that they are Despair. But *Splinter ruined it (Not that Pau would have likely answered anyway). Well I now can not go down that route without revealing the cause of my suspicion. And if I do and I'm wrong I give up very important information to Despair that they possibly didn't think of yet.

And if Despair hasn't this figured out by now when it was mentioned at least 3 times rather prominently and I'm giving away anything with this post, you can policy lynch me D1 in Season 4.

/rant

Now to other stuff:

My plan right now would be:
1) Lynch *Splinter
2a) If *Splinter flips Mimic, proceed with playing mafia (lynch Rest?)
2b) If *Splinter flips Hope and Ty4on gets killed tonight, proceed playing Mafia (lynch Rest?)
2c) If *Splinter flips Hope and somebody else gets killed tonight (especially if that person is Sawneeks), lynch Ty4on

I have been thinking about the two nights without a death,

I'll make three assumptions: 1) I'm taking makai and King kitty at their word that neither were targeted at night.

2) I'm taking Pau at her word (for movement)

The issue is the no death nights we will start with night 4, AB visiting goshujinsama. This visit could have walked either way. Third assumption) Assuming that both end hallways are the same movement and it is not increasing the distance to move across an aisle, it's 6 steps and an aisle for AB to move to goshu via left hallway, and 6 steps and an aisle to move via the right hallway,

AB didn't indicate a direction, and seeing kalor may have meant that he thought he went via the right side of the map, but what if he went left instead?

I'll hold that thought and jump to who sawneeks saw last night, just AB with no kalor.

Now taking her at her word indicates that "kalor" had to come from *splinter or the top of the map.

However there is Night 3, no "kalor" view from AB, which seems to clear the rest of the top row, and Pau saw "kalor", but so did sawneeks...

This leaves only three possibilities for "kalor" either *splinter (lying about his role today) or sawneeks (lying about her role and who she saw / where she went specifically about night 3) or an outside possibility of Ty4on (who does move, which he has never indicated that he does so far, just in a "kalor" suit)

We have no indication who "kalor" targeted on those death free nights.

Needless to say, I don't trust sawneeks validating *splinter or vice versa. Likewise I don't trust Ty4on, (mainly due to the lack of clarity)

Pau, does your role involve "picking up" a passenger in whatever it is you do? This confirmation would clear Ty4on. This also has the added benefit of clearing up whether sawneeks could be "kalor" in disguise too.

Specifically, If you always have to pick up Ty4on before going to do whatever it is you do, it means that sawneeks could be "kalor", based on "kalor's" and AB's movements.

Frankly sawneeks mimicking kalor makes sense, no one alive has seen her move (except *splinter who I will not trust to clear sawneeks), so picking kalor to mimick would mean that any movement from that location could be confused with the other. Think of each space across the aisle as one tile on a board, and assuming that there is no movement hinderance for "moving" across an aisle, it would make sense to pick kalor from her perspective. Any location she would move would not look out of place for kalor to move to.

I'm not voting yet, just wanted to get down why I don't trust either of them clearing the other, and why I hunk we should leave sawneeks on the table for being the mimick.

Top Bottom