• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downtown Los Angeles Bar Crawl - March 16, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Seriously. LA is a rip when it comes to booze. I'm pretty sure that Public School 612 has Craftsman for $6 (regular hours), but I could definitely get in on a pizza and $4 delights at Urbanos. Not 100% that I could make happy hour, though. My day off was not meant to be, but I might take a half day and still get there early (4ish).

Just let me know. I'm only about a 10 minute walk from Urbano anyway.

CFMOORE!

Seriously. LA is a rip when it comes to booze. I'm pretty sure that Public School 612 has Craftsman for $6 (regular hours), but I could definitely get in on a pizza and $4 delights at Urbanos. Not 100% that I could make happy hour, though. My day off was not meant to be, but I might take a half day and still get there early (4ish).

i was surprised that the prices at spring st. bar are actually fairly cheap at all times. it is a pretty cool little bar as well. I've never really been too put off by the price of booze though, only once while in NY i ordered a jack and coke and it was $15. that was fucking retarded.

Seth C

i was surprised that the prices at spring st. bar are actually fairly cheap at all times. it is a pretty cool little bar as well. I've never really been too put off by the price of booze though, only once while in NY i ordered a jack and coke and it was $15. that was fucking retarded.

Oh yeah. Spring St. isn't bad and they have a good beer selection. That place is always an option.

Clydefrog

Golden Gopher's tap list, current as of last night:

LfAdS.jpg

I tried El Segundo's Hyperion Double Stout and Cismontane's Black's Dawn. Both were good. Happy Hour at Golden Gopher runs until 8pm so we won't be hitting it, but it is $2 off all drafts for any who might be wondering.

Ballast Point Big Eye is a solid IPA. The rest are meh.

CFMOORE!

Who's up for shots to start the night off?

Also, I know nothing of beers and I'll need some help.

if you don't drink beer, then stick with what you know. i am usually a hard alcohol guy myself, but i drink beer more often now. drink whatever you like!

last time (very recently) i drank a lot of hard alcohol i got smacked with a $2k bill that I now have to pay.

Puddles

Banned
if you don't drink beer, then stick with what you know. i am usually a hard alcohol guy myself, but i drink beer more often now. drink whatever you like!

last time (very recently) i drank a lot of hard alcohol i got smacked with a $2k bill that I now have to pay.

Did the bouncer have a PhD?

This is me as well.

I think I'll be the guy walking around with a bag of cut limes.

alright, I havent been drinking in a long time. I'm down for tomorrow night :D

Anyone carpooling from Silverlakechopark? Getting there will probably be no problem, but depending on how late this ends up being..lol.

Seth C

Anyone carpooling from Silverlakechopark? Getting there will probably be no problem, but depending on how late this ends up being..lol.

Where at? I walk from downtown to Echo Park. It should only be about 2 miles.

Sweet! Added.

haha. nice one. no, this wasn't a bar tab, and if i ran that much up i'd gladly pay it. this was something as a result of the booze that took place away from the bar.

Dare we ask...? Or will this be one of our drinking games?

So... does anyone else have to be up early the next day?

Going to Wondercon so I need to be out the door by 7, haha.

You can sleep under the pool tables at 7 Grand for a bit. Just a bit, though. :)

Phthisis

If I get there a bit late and you guys aren't at the first bar, how will I know where the stampede has moved to? Check the thread?

I'm down for happy hour shenanigans if anyone else is available. I get off work around 16-16:30 on Temple St., so I figured I'd get a good parking space somewhere (work garage closes at 17:30 unfortunately) and start warming up for the main event.

Seth C

If I get there a bit late and you guys aren't at the first bar, how will I know where the stampede has moved to? Check the thread?

I will update as we move, or you can PM me your cell and I'll text you my number.

I'm down for happy hour shenanigans if anyone else is available. I get off work around 16-16:30 on Temple St., so I figured I'd get a good parking space somewhere (work garage closes at 17:30 unfortunately) and start warming up for the main event.

I suggest that those of us interested in happy hour do Urbano. I can be there as early as anyone else wants me to be.

I think I will be posting pics in the thread as we move along, hopefully my phone battery don't die from playing too much draw something :eek:

Probably also some facebook check-in spam for those of you on my list :D

Teddman

What's the timetable on this business? Starts at 7 at Public School and the rest of the stops on the crawl just follow when the time feels right?

Iceman

Ermac, you good on transportation? Anybody else interested in carpooling from Pasadena/Eagle Rock/Altadena/Glendale/Burbank?

Puddles

Banned
I'd just like to point out again that my birthday will begin Saturday the 17th at midnight. :)

Last year I celebrated with my sitar teacher and the staff at an Indian music school in Varanasi. This year I guess I'll celebrate with GAF.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Ermac, you good on transportation? Anybody else interested in carpooling from Pasadena/Eagle Rock/Altadena/Glendale/Burbank?

Blah, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I have to go get a cast on my hand tomorrow so I'm gonna stay in. Thanks for the offer man.

That sounds good. I'll aim to get there around 16:45-17:00. I'll be the tall Asian guy with amazing hair in business casual wear :D

Excellent! I'll be the short Mexican chick double-fisting beers.

I want pics..many many pics. Preferably NSFW.

I have no doubts that this will be managed. :)

well im out for tomorrows gathering...
:/

Eh? What happened? :(

I'd just like to point out again that my birthday will begin Saturday the 17th at midnight. :)

Last year I celebrated with my sitar teacher and the staff at an Indian music school in Varanasi. This year I guess I'll celebrate with GAF.

This year we promise you your own alleyway and hobo pillow!

Blah, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I have to go get a cast on my hand tomorrow so I'm gonna stay in. Thanks for the offer man.

So it did turn out to be broken? Bummer. You realize that the other hand is perfectly capable of gripping a beer... ;)

I shall be there in spirit. Perhaps I'll run into you guys if I'm wandering around downtown tomorrow night!

No luck finding a doppleganger? Damn. Well, check in with the thread. Perhaps I'll bring my flask for you so you can say that you 'drank' with us at least. ;)

So, looks like I'll make it out tomorrow.. I almost want to stay home and play with my new iPad I'll be receiving but fuck it.

Gonna take the red line out from Hollywood because it'd be stupid for me to drive..

dyls

Wow people are walking there? I'll be taking the red line in from North Hollywood. Might try to meet with the Urbano people for some pizza pre-game.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras

Then I shall be with you, cheersing to you and yours. No joke.

Wow people are walking there? I'll be taking the red line in from North Hollywood. Might try to meet with the Urbano people for some pizza pre-game.

I think I'm definitely red lining from the Universal stop. I'll try and not to pregame tooooo much, hehe.

Yerp. Well I'll try my best. Would by kinda cool to have Gaffers sign it :)

Hell yes! I'll sign it, 'love hp! (ur 4eva)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom