• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club - LATEST Footage High Quality Download (May 16)

A mid twenties single male car enthusiast drives a Pagani Huayra through a Canadian mountain range with a dense forest around the street at high speeds while you hear the question "How fast do you want to go?" over and over again.
But did he get the early twenties pixie girl car at the end of the movie?

Sid

This looks awesome WTF,either the earlier videos were not at this quality or this is just the difference of the track but it looks impressive,this game needs to have weather effects.

JLeack

Banned
I must be the only one not digging this video. But maybe its just because I'm an automotive fan nd prefer simulators.

Those turning and acceleration physics are faker than Need for Speed.

fedexpeon

Banned
Haha! Yeah it's completely bonkers. Haven't seen anything like it in any racing game. Can only imagine how beautiful this will look at the crack of dawn

Light Shower+Fog+Crack of dawn=shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I hope they let you set your time/weather condition and stuff on SP.
I would love to drive in that condition most of the time.

Haha! Yeah it's completely bonkers. Haven't seen anything like it in any racing game. Can only imagine how beautiful this will look at the crack of dawn

honestly a part of me believes its too good to be true. come launch day we wake up from the driveclub matrix program o_o

EVO/Rushy: i would loved if one could adjust the cockpit camera manually, to get a field of view like in the below gif. i really like those incar cameras but because of the viewpoint you lose to much track information to play properly with them.

i9ZuY8i7Roht3.gif

great work with those gifs viveks

good post. if you rewatch the 2013 footage, you really see that the IQ now is much nicer.

Light Shower+Fog+Crack of dawn=shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I hope they let you set your time/weather condition and stuff on SP.
I would love to drive in that condition most of the time.

There's probably a mode for that, but I have a feeling a lot of the challenges in single player campaign will be about beating times on tracks at certain times of day.

freefornow

Visually looking great. Not sure about them "cookie dough" arms in the cockpit :).

I haven't been following this game that closely, but is there any feedback on what the handling etc is like. I assume its arcade, but even that needs to be done correctly. Or is it more like a sim?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I know everyone's pointed out how cool it is that the windscreen looks murky here, but I'm also impressed at how the trees he drives past actually cast shadows on said murky parts. Insane attention to detail and great lighting going hand in hand!
Don't forget the next-gen lens flare at the end! ;-)

Donos

sweetbabyjesusSauce.gif

Looks awesome but the animation/motion when he turns the steering wheel is still somehow off. Like there is 0 deadzone. The view moves instantaneously when he steers into the steering direction.

Is Corinne Yu at ND part of the ICE Team?

oh well, the first Motorstorm didn't have splitscreen too. so maybe if Driveclub is successful and they made a sequel they can spent some time to include splitsreen

Socky

So beautiful, and the racing looks great too. There are some small issues here but nothing I wouldn't expect to see in a game several months out. I don't really want to see much more video - well I do, but I want to experience these tracks first-hand, not be familiar with them well before the game arrives. I'm already sold on the game anyway.

Tekku

I think it's wierd that they use a controller to show off a gorgeous looking racing game like this. They should've used a wheel to get those smooth movements.

I always cringe when I see this kind of steering:

i0dovowKrNszp.gif

i´m missing a damage model...i mean, i see some scratching, but no part deformation.

everything else is very impressive...maybe evolution can ask Sucker Punch for some help with the AA, though

JP

I want to be boosting through those forests Motorstorm style in a monster truck with trees exploding around me as I plough through them! I wish Sony would list those games nice and cheap on PSN, maybe it'll happen in September or October just before launch.

Shaneus

He is referring to the ICE team and optimizations being done to the PS4 (probably firmware/APIs). In the context of this game, I was just wondering how the sequel would be, given all the optimizations happening to the PS4 and the maturity of Evo's engines and tools over time.
Ohhhh... this could get *good*. I wonder if there's anything in the pipeline for the next few months that they could get to Evo before going gold?

Top Bottom