• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club - LATEST Footage High Quality Download (May 16)

GeoramA

Do you mean graphically, or that you're just not a fan of the design of the interior?

ScreenShot2014-05-16at114826.jpg~original

ScreenShot2014-05-16at114808.jpg~original
Got dayum. This game is drop dead gorgeous.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh man, I didn't realize this was a new video until I just happened to click on the thread. Thought it was just the high res version of last week's. Those trees are absolutely mindboggling.

viveks86

Oh man, I didn't realize this was a new video until I just happened to click on the thread. Thought it was just the high res version of last weeks. Those trees are absolutely mindboggling.

LOL. I had the same thought in the morning, but I clicked anyway cuz I never ignore a driveclub thread :D

Yup, noticed it as well.

It is a beta though.

Yeah and I'm quite certain some of that will end up being in the final game. It can't be THAT perfect.
Can it?

viveks86

I don't get the context... or what that actually means?

He is referring to the ICE team and optimizations being done to the PS4 (probably firmware/APIs). In the context of this game, I was just wondering how the sequel would be, given all the optimizations happening to the PS4 and the maturity of Evo's engines and tools over time.

I really hope people don't think I'm trolling here but I'm really disappointed with how this game looks.

Maybe it was all the hype around the visuals or the delay but I just wasn't impressed with the high quality videos. Maybe I'm not appreciating what you guys are on a technical level, the real time lighting ect but in all honesty I was more impressed with the Gamersyde Forza 5 videos when XBone launched (maybe just because of how smooth it looked at 60fps).

I only own a PS4 and have PS+ so I will definitely try Driveclub but these new videos just didn't do it for me at all :-(.

I really hope people don't think I'm trolling here but I'm really disappointed with how this game looks.

Maybe it was all the hype around the visuals or the delay but I just wasn't impressed with the high quality videos. Maybe I'm not appreciating what you guys are on a technical level, the real time lighting ect but in all honesty I was more impressed with the Gamersyde Forza 5 videos when XBone launched (maybe just because of how smooth it looked at 60fps).

I only own a PS4 and have PS+ so I will definitely try Driveclub but these new videos just didn't do it for me at all :-(.

Really? Forza 5 has baked lighting not dynamic lighting like Drive club.

Shin

Banned

I respect your opinion, but I can't say I agree with you overall.
After reading this comment I went to look up Forza 5 and everything is so "fake", cardboard people, cardboard trees, buildings are like cardboard boxes placed along side the tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1uVPTmOWFI

The 60FPS is nice, but a lot was sacrificed to obtain that apparently.
Even if DC is 30FPS the overall image/illusion it creates suits my eyes a lot more.
Then again different people different tastes.

Imagining what the sequel will look like! o_O

lyhie0f.png

It would've been awesome if such improvements could be incorporated into the late 2014 games. I wonder how much better games like DC and The Order can look/perform with them. o__o

And on the topic of F5, despite it being a next gen racer, it still looks like a video game. None of the races I've seen look as close to real life as DriveClub has come.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It would've been awesome if such improvements could be incorporated into the late 2014 games. I wonder how much better games like DC and The Order can look/perform with them. o__o

If the updates come in the next few months they could help 2014 games when it comes time for optimization.

Both games look great, but, Forza looks like a launch window game, Driveclub looks like a game we all expected at least 3 years into the console cycle. There´s a massive IQ leap between both games.

orochi91

Forza 5 looks like a cartoon in comparison to what Evo has accomplished thus far
with Drive Club.

Drive Club will look even better than now, as these recent videos are from a beta version.

Maybe I was just expecting far too much, I thought the fact that Driveclub was 30fps would mean I was literally blown away when I saw the visuals in HQ videos but I just wasn't.

The environments are obviously much larger and more detailed than Forza's, maybe it was just the track and car combo that didn't appeal to me who knows.

Are they remaking GT6 for PS4, or was that just a fake rumour ?.

Maybe I was just expecting far too much, I thought the fact that Driveclub was 30fps would mean I was literally blown away when I saw the visuals in HQ videos but I just wasn't.

The environments are obviously much larger and more detailed than Forza's, maybe it was just the track and car combo that didn't appeal to me who knows.

I'm curious. What exactly were you expecting? I mean, you must have had some idea of what you wanted to see to be "blown away", right?

I just can't believe someone would say they are more impressed with Forza 5...I mean I get it, opinions and whatnot, but I just think this isn't even debatable. DriveClub looks much better than Forza 5. The only edge Forza has over DC is 60 FPS.

Spongebob

Banned

If you're not impressed by this footage then nothing will ever impress you.

I'm curious. What exactly were you expecting? I mean, you must have had some idea of what you wanted to see to be "blown away", right?

The environments to be much, much more detailed and interesting I guess. The cars look great esp the inside view and the sense of speed is very nice,

I feel like you guys have seen more videos than me lol, are there more available than the two on Gamersyde ?

A rumor. Could still be a valid one.

Ok cool.

RoKKeR

Great lighting, trackside detail, and motion blur, such a good looking game! Certainly fills a different niche than a sim like Forza but I'm looking forward to trying it out nonetheless.

Really not a fan of the skin/hands though, I think those look terrible. Slap some driving gloves on there or something Evo.

The environments to be much, much more detailed and interesting I guess. The cars look great esp the inside view and the sense of speed is very nice,

I feel like you guys have seen more videos than me lol, are there more available than the two on Gamersyde ?

Ok cool.

Uhh...Yeah...Theres a brand new one in this thread and it is the OP. If you have only see the ones on Gamersyde, than you prepare your self...Watch the vid in OP.

Make sure pants you don't wear any pants.

Ok cool.

You mean aside from the two on Gamersyde(which were the IGN videos) and the one from this thread(three total)? Well, there were the HQ gifs from a few months back that looked great. There were also the Chile video which looked good too.

As for the environments, these feel more detailed than last gen(and even most current gen) racers.

I don't even think he has seen the brand new video in the OP. I checked Gamersyde and they don't have it, they only have those two IGN ones we got like a week ago.

Oh duh lol. On my phone just now and it's very late in the UK I will download it next time I'm on my PC.

The thing is I was always impressed with the small clips and gif's we had of Driveclub, the two Gamersyde videos just didn't do it for me for some reason. Like I said it's maybe just the track / car combo I didn't like.

Oh duh lol. On my phone just now and it's very late in the UK I will download it next time I'm on my PC.

The thing is I was always impressed with the small clips and gif's we had of Driveclub, the two Gamersyde videos just didn't do it for me for some reason. Like I said it's maybe just the track / car combo I didn't like.

Well get back to use once you watch it =). Don't worry, I was in the same boat as you when I saw the two videos on Gamersyde...My comment is here from yesterday:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112089847#post112089847

This new footage today really impressed me.

Edit - And I even said it was the track that I wasn't really feeling. This new track in Canada is superb though.

viveks86

Dude! You are commenting on a thread without even checking out the OP. Let's continue this conversation after you see it.

There's a big comparison of a bunch of car games here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687291&page=19

You'd be hard pressed to say Forza looks best.

Well get back to use once you watch it =). Don't worry, I was in the same boat as you when I saw the two videos on Gamersyde...My comment is here from yesterday:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112089847#post112089847

This new footage today really impressed me.

Edit - And I even said it was the track that I wasn't really feeling. This new track in Canada is superb though.

Wow I just watched it on my phone which is cheating by eliminating the jaggies but that one was much more impressive !

Glad to see I wasn't alone in being disappointed by the other two videos though :p.

Dude! You are commenting on a thread without even checking out the OP. Let's continue this conversation after you see it.

For some reason I thought this was the IGN HQ quality video thread lol. Sorry guys my bad :-(. Thanks for putting me right though !

hawk2025

Watched it.

Clicked pre-order.

I have never been sold so quickly. This new video shows exactly what I wanted out of this game.

Saberus

Ah.. the stealth troll comes out.. good job.

Ah.. I see.. maybe not troll.. but i'll informed?

Top Bottom