• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2023 | OT | Doritos Pope Gaming Show Monopoly | Wednesday, 22.08 | 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 7pm BST / 8pm CEST / 4am AEST

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Gamescom-2023-it-happened-again-fans-invade-the-stage-quoting.jpg

Bartski

Gold Member
I hope Keighley finally gets some real stage security in his rider so next time it happens those cunts get their asses whooped live on stage

Go_Ly_Dow

That was awful and made me hate the industry for 2 hours lol.

Too much crapime, too much gacha hell, too much online loot generator games.

Alan Wake 2 meh, Mortal Kombat at this stage a new trailer was uncessary, as well as Tekken 8, as well as Starfield.

That was awful and made me hate the industry for 2 hours lol.

Too much crapime, too much gacha hell, too much online loot generator games.

Alan Wake 2 meh, Mortal Kombat at this stage a new trailer was uncessary, as well as Tekken 8, as well as Starfield.

These shows have been bumming me out in recent years. There's so little actual creativity in the industry now and nearly every "new" game can be described with the phrase: "it's a re-skin of <insert popular game here>". I'm playing less and less new stuff every year.

Videogames have been throughly Marvel-ized.

Go_Ly_Dow

These shows have been bumming me out in recent years. There's so little actual creativity in the industry now and nearly every "new" game can be described with the phrase: "it's a re-skin of <insert popular game here>". I'm playing less and less new stuff every year.

I play about 4-6 new releases a year. Which is kinda fine with me as the ones I do play I enjoy a hell of alot now that I've narrowed down my tastes. After I complete them I'll watch deep dives and listen to the soundtrack for the rest of my life haha.

But yeah I agrree there's so much junk being produced its unreal. When you watch these middling conferences (SGM, Gamescom, Game Awards) its like sifting through 95% trash until you see something appealing. The last PS Showcase was also quite awful. The conferences are now too bloated with shovelware.

Last edited:

saintjules

pleasantly surprised that Crimson Desert actually looks like a real game after all.

I am still having doubts about it as it looks wildly ambitious. But it does look great.

Looks like they ran it on a high end PC, but if they can nail all of their mechanics and the performance runs solid, I'd say that this game would be GOTY worthy easily.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I was going to say indies on steam have been going strong, then I thought about how many vampire survivors clones I've been playing lately lol.

Riky

$MSFT
Pete Hines is at 160hrs on his Starfield save and claims to have left a lot of things untouched.
Listening to him now the breadth and depth just sound light years ahead of anything else, sounds like people can play a 100 hours and have totally different experiences.

Top Bottom