• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

Kolx

PS4 Uncharted bundle as expected took #1 since it was the only discounted bundle so most PS4 sales consisted of this bundle. But the question is which sold more XOne with sales spread over more than bundle or PS4 with only one?

Wowser Bowser

November NPD should be interesting.

Does it even matter anymore? They've sold through 30mil - numbers are becoming redundant at his point.

I'm prepared to not play online games on Christmas again this year on PS4. All those new PS4s coming online are going to melt PSN again. I've got 4 controllers and a copy of Rayman Legends to entertain my nephew and nieces with.

I'm prepared to melt the Battlefront Christmas noobs just like im doing to the black friday noobs.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Let's see. This is what some posters said about the PS4 bundle on announcement for Black Friday:

"Weak offer"
"Bad bundle IMO" "I just don´t think that´s the right bundle for Black Friday."
"Yep, very weak bundle."
" I also think it's kind of a weak bundle."
"This bundle is terrible for Black Friday."
"I still think this is kind of a weak bundle."

Of course the others that rightly called out that price trumps everything at Black Friday also exist.

PS4 Uncharted bundle as expected took #1 since it was the only discounted bundle so most PS4 sales consisted of this bundle. But the question is which sold more XOne with sales spread over more than bundle or PS4 with only one?

PS4 has the Star Wars bundle too. COD bundle is also available, but not nearly as attractive right now.

Someone is salty.

No he isn't. He is one of my Gaf PS4 buds.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The UC bundle is worth it for the $300 PS4 alone. You do not want the game, $15-20 code on eBay.

I went to BB on Thanksgiving day for haha's with a friend who dragged me out. I was like, fuck it, I will people watch (never been to any BF or pre-BF event... ever). I am glad I did, I grabbed one of the last 2 copies of Until Dawn for $20. Told myself I would buy it when it hit $40 around this time, and I got an even better deal.

Anywho, I walked by a pallet of the UC PS4's that had about 25 on them, went over to the TV's, and in the span of 10 minutes tops, the pallet was picked dry. The isle that had about 50-75 stacked through it was getting picked at the rate of 1-2 every minute. Walked by it before I left, and there was probably 12 left. I was in the store no more than a 1/2 hour. That was the day before BF, and not even the weekend.

People wanted those PS4's after their dinner, lol.

8hptove.gif
Money comes out of the usb needs fixing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yesterday was bad, today is fine for me.
Yesterday was a single big one (partial) but today there have been 3 notable (partial) PSN outages.
I say partial because it seems to be either related to your geographic region or just purely random because I have been wholly unaffected even though I played a ton the last two days.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Has PSN gone to shit yet? I haven't tried to game online yet today.

I was on playing BF all day yesterday (from about noon till 8 ish). Took a break for a few hours working on a portfolio, then went back on around 11pm til 2:30am EST and not a single issue. Southeast US.

Yesterday was a single big one (partial) but today there have been 3 notable (partial) PSN outages.
I say partial because it seems to be either related to your geographic region or just purely random because I have been wholly unaffected even though I played a ton the last two days.

Same.

Behlel

Yesterday was awful. It seems fine today.

Here in italy yesterday was perfect, when i've seen the topic for PSN Down i've tried to login and play a match with Battlefront and no problem at all (and arround 20 friend in my list where playing online).

Anyway is this report really accurate? Because if i'm reading right the data they use for collect this report come from a small number of people (150.000)

Darksol

I think it's safe to say it did well.

Anyway is this report really accurate? Because if i'm reading right the data they use for collect this report come from a small number of people (150.000)

You can predict elections with less.

On Demand

Banned
It's an ok bundle. They had plenty of games they could of added to it. Like Until Dawn. What better way to introduce people to this wonderful game? Sony is weird sometimes.

Pastry

Banned
It's an ok bundle. They had plenty of games they could of added to it. Like Until Dawn. What better way to introduce people to this wonderful game? Sony is weird sometimes.

It's not that weird considering Unchared 4 is coming soon. Reel those new PS4 players in with uncharted bundle and then sell them 4 this spring.

foamdino

Here's an anecdote from a UK ecommerce/retailer (source: my place of work).

The PS4 uncharted collection (500Gb) + FIFA 16 was our top selling black friday deal, the xbox one did sell well also, but PS4 sold about 6 times more.

Take with pinch of salt as it's just a comment.

Toki767

Star Wars was discounted? afaik only Uncharted was discounted.
$350. The way the Tomb Raider bundle was discounted to $350.

Most people can do the math and realize that a $300 bundle with a game and then buying Battlefront is a better deal than spending $350 for just the Battlefront bundle.

$350. The way the Tomb Raider bundle was discounted to $350.

Most people can do the math and realize that a $300 bundle with a game and then buying Battlefront is a better deal than spending $350 for just the Battlefront bundle.

Just goes to show those pictures are not reflective of actual sales. Looks like the PS4 BOSSED it again! Good Jobn Sony, It's just unstoppable at this point.

Not a chance, unless they get it to $99 like the PS2 was at the end of it's life.

I've maintained this trajectory, even before launch that it's getting 110-120 million tops.

yes.

$99 is tough because the ps2 was a much simpler machine with fewer parts.

It's tough to include 500gb of storage, a blu Ray player and license, WiFi, and Ethernet into a $99 package, even without the cost of the gpu/ram/motherboard.

BONDO

pretty much expected.
I think the PS4 was amazingly stocked everywhere. Some mentioned they saw a lot of boxes around.....i just think they out shipped the competition

bombshell

pretty much expected.
I think the PS4 was amazingly stocked everywhere. Some mentioned they saw a lot of boxes around.....i just think they out shipped the competition

Which is actually quite a feat by Sony if true, because they have to stock much more worldwide than Microsoft.

Not a chance, unless they get it to $99 like the PS2 was at the end of it's life.

I've maintained this trajectory, even before launch that it's getting 110-120 million tops.

yes.
Lol you say that like it's a bad thing. I mean, I agree w/ you on the 110-120 million figure for LTD but that's still highly significant in its own right and right between PS1 and PS2 in sales.

Moreover, that'd make PS4 magnitudes more profitable than the both of them and PS3 put together, and that's saying A LOT!

$99 is tough because the ps2 was a much simpler machine with fewer parts.

It's tough to include 500gb of storage, a blu Ray player and license, WiFi, and Ethernet into a $99 package, even without the cost of the gpu/ram/motherboard.
Sony doesn't have to pay for the bluray license iirc b/c they kind of helped invent the standard itself.

Top Bottom