• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 3.0 Preview: Today @ 10AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Onix said:
Umm ... wouldn't they NOT include it if they were saying 'fuck you' to the whiners?

Regardless, it's hardly whining. Should have been there day 1.

nah they'd stop saying fuck you and then fuck you... literally.

NYR

Xater said:
Does the calendar thing mean I can sync google calendar? I'm not up to date on that stuff.
I think Google already does this via their own push system they implemented for contacts, calandar, etc.

derder

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Cut and Paste, MMS, Landscape Mode, Wireless gaming, and Forwarding Messages?

*faints*

NYR

Shake to shuffle arrives on iPhone and iPod touch, nice nice.

Spotlight has an ugly interface, IMO.

jts

...hate me...
kaching said:
By the time this firmware update is available, the iPhone will have been selling very well for almost two years. That's the definition of "need"? It's certainly nice to have it.
No, by all means the definition of "need" is whatever it takes to sell like cupcakes, so I take that back: it doesn't need copy paste. Heck, it doesn't even "need" a home button, why don't they just put it on the earbuds cord? Sales-wise it wouldn't make much of a difference.

"Safari will also remember login "

"YouTube app can now log into your account to share and save favorite videos, subscribe to channels, etc. "

w00t

cjdunn

Whoa he just dropped a ton of features:
Other good features: Notes Sync, audio/video tags, live streaming, shake to shuffle, Wi-Fi auto login, Stereo Bluetooth, LDAP, iTunes account creation, YouTube ratings, Anti-Philshing, Call Log, Parental Controls, Media Scrubber, OTA profiles, VPN on demand, Languages, YouTube subscriptions, YouTube accounts and Encrypted profiles. Also, auto-fills. The biggest addition here is probably Stereo Bluetooth A2DP support.

bionic77

I love all the additions but I am definitely going to wait a day or two to download 3.0. Adding that much at once definitely has the potential to bloat and slow down the phone until 3.1.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I am going to be careful.

ckohler

* Note sync, notes now synchronize with a Mac or PC using iTunes.
* Shake to shuffle arrives on iPhone and iPod touch
* WiFi auto-login for hotspots.
* Stereo Bluetooth is now supported
* Anti-phishing now in Mobile Safari
* Safari will also remember login credentials.
* Parental Controls extend to movies, TV shows, and App Store apps.
* Support for more languages, improved keyboard for them as well.
* YouTube app can now log into your account to share and save favorite videos, subscribe to channels, etc.

Bam! Bam! Bam! Apple is knocking these features out!

Wrapping up, recapping highlights.

In app purchase, new business models, P2P connectivity, accessories can now talk through the Dock, built-in Maps for developers, Push Notifications finally arrive, cut copy and paste, landscape mode for Apple apps, Messeges app for MMS.

Voice Memo app for recording audio files, Calendar gets CalDAV, Stocks app gets more info, Search across all apps and iPhone OS gains Spotlight for certain items.

NekoFever

YouTube profiles is nice to have. It's annoying to have to search on the iPhone for something that's bookmarked on my account or vice versa.

Release date plz?

eznark

Banned
bionic77 said:
I love all the additions but I am definitely going to wait a day or two to download 3.0. Adding that much at once definitely has the potential to bloat and slow down the phone until 3.1.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I am going to be careful.

I was thinking the same. 3.0 is nice but I'm really looking forward to 3.1.

ckohler

XtdI0QN9d0iphone30softwareb191.jpg.jpeg

NYR

OUT THIS SUMMER

Most features work with original iPhone, MMS and Stereo Bluetooth do not work.

$9.95 update for iPod touch updates.

11:27
David Chartier: iPhone OS 3.0 will ship this summer, free to all iPhone 3G customers
David Chartier: Special bonus: original iPhones can use it
David Chartier: not all features will be available on original iPhone, such as stereo bluetooth
David Chartier: $9.95 update for iPod touch updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom