• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3 Line-Up Information

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
My ticket! I was #5 in line at Shibuya Tsutaya. John was #4, and Anoop was #6 before he stole my ticket!

My PS3 and games!

Dante

shidoshi said:
I'm on AIM with Nick (aka Nick Des Barres, aka Nick Rox), and he said the place he was at had two thousand people in line, and that "I have stories of riots in the streets, barricades, ambulances and police."

He's going to do a write-up for our site, so once he does, I'll give a link.

Hell yes!! Nick Rox, PS3's, Riots, Japan, Blue Shadows..........Rapture!!!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Everyone at Shibuya Tsutaya got a machine. stupid rumours said that they were going to have only 10 units available so EVERYONE stayed away. Too bad for the Yurakucho people, they could've just came to shibuya at 4am and they could've still gotten a system.

I just woke up. Will be off to pick up my 60 gigger in 17 minutes.
Where there any Component cables available at the Camera stores/Tsutaya?

And... It's a freakin' curse. Why is launch day weather always this bad. Same as DSL launch, vold and rainy. Happy I don't have to line up.

Dahbomb

shidoshi said:
I'm on AIM with Nick (aka Nick Des Barres, aka Nick Rox), and he said the place he was at had two thousand people in line, and that "I have stories of riots in the streets, barricades, ambulances and police."

He's going to do a write-up for our site, so once he does, I'll give a link.
Dude seriously, details AND pics required!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Great job guys! Mine should arrive in the next couple days. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Troidal said:
Good morning!

Just woke up. Gonna pick up my two 20-Giggers in a bit! :)

Awesome! Enjoy!

200611111109000xv0.jpg

Welcome little buddy!

thetrin

Awesome stuff, guys. My neighbor took the day off work to play his PS3. Mine is still in the mail. I checked out the playstation store on his machine to see how it ran, and it reminded me of iTunes. Very cool stuff.

I should have mine in a day or two.

EDIT: Gonna pick up my preorder of Resistance at the local store at lunch time. Hope you find one Troidal!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TheTrin said:
Awesome stuff, guys. My neighbor took the day off work to play his PS3. Mine is still in the mail. I checked out the playstation store on his machine to see how it ran, and it reminded me of iTunes. Very cool stuff.

I should have mine in a day or two.
Sweet Stuff, keep us informed. :)

thetrin

Bad_Boy said:
Sweet Stuff, keep us informed. :)

I`m at work right now (I work on saturdays. weekend for me is sunday/monday), so I won`t be able to check out his PS3 more until late tonight.

Wow they deliver mail on weekends in Japan? That rocks! I wish the mailman would deliver my DVDR drive already so I could install BF2 already

tetsuoxb

Just went and picked up my unit. Holy hell is that thing a bitch to carry home.

Impressions and pics coming later.

BTW... Did anyone notice the video I posted is #51 most viewed today on YouTube. Hot damn.

Fowler

Reno said:
My ticket! I was #5 in line at Shibuya Tsutaya. John was #4, and Anoop was #6 before he stole my ticket!

My PS3 and games!

Anoop stole Reno's ticket on his birthday! Anoop is mean!

marwan

Banned
so with all this PS3 craze, i had a dream yesterday that i was in line at Best Buy(lol i don't even live in the U.S) and by the time i reached the cashier, i got my PS3 with 2 games, then i asked the lady on the counter for another PS3(to sell it on ebay lol), shes goes to check and it turns out they dont have any more since i gotthe last PS3.....BAM i wake up in dark room and i'm like "where thr f'uck is my PS3???" i nearly broke down in tears, the dream was such a cock tease. :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
marwan said:
so with all this PS3 craze, i had a dream yesterday that i was in line at Best Buy(lol i don't even live in the U.S) and by the time i reached the cashier, i got my PS3 with 2 games, then i asked the lady on the counter for another PS3(to sell it on ebay lol), shes goes to check and it turns out they dont have any more since i gotthe last PS3.....BAM i wake up in dark room and i'm like "where thr f'uck is my PS3???" i nearly broke down in tears, the dream was such a cock tease. :lol

Man that sucks.

mckmas8808

This is what 2,000 people look like waiting for the PS3.

ps3wait_screen012.jpg

h-103_62996_ps3yuurakucho6.jpg.jpg

Everybody go go goooo
h-103_62996_ps3yuurakucho1.jpg.jpg

My man
h-103_62996_ps3yuurakucho2.jpg.jpg

mckmas8808

More pics of "the waiting lines"

images824800.jpg

images824809.jpg

h-103_63002_40011.jpg.jpg

These guys are happy :lol
h-103_63002_3804.jpg.jpg

h-103_63002_3801.jpg.jpg

Wow look at that little thing on the left. Me loves.
h-103_63002_3803.jpg.jpg

Jake.

ps maybe its just me but i am surprised so many people can afford the system + 3-4 games and still pay for food and stuff. i gotta quit being so dirt poor.

mckmas8808

I'm amazed!!

shibu05.jpg

h-103_63000_shi1.jpg.jpg

YESSSSS!!!!!
h-103_63000_shi4.jpg.jpg

Why do Japanese sites block people's faces??? In America we don't care. :/
images824758.jpg

images824783.jpg

Top Bottom