• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3 Line-Up Information

aparisi2274

photo-20061110-220714-0-967af1b3fc2cfabdee0605295b0c7a0c.jpg

that poor kid just earned himself a lifetime of chiropractic exams. He is like, take the damn pic, this bitch is heavy, and this old bastard aint even carrying his weight

Wollan

Slightly ot but ThreeSpeech just confirmed that Europeans will be able to book their PS3 online name on Nov 17th, the same date as the machine launches in the US.

warthog

Wollan said:
Slightly ot but ThreeSpeech just confirmed that Europeans will be able to book their PS3 online name on Nov 17th, the same date as the machine launches in the US.

ok, that's good to hear

nataku

Wollan said:

Will people in the US be able to as well if we can't pick up a PS3 that day?

nataku

Wollan said:

Argh. Double post.

Wollan

nataku said:
Will people in the US be able to as well if we can't pick up a PS3 that day?

Well have no fear, we’ve been informed by PlayStation that when the PS3 launches in the US on 17th November, the rest of the world will be able to register their usernames online at the PlayStation Store via your PC.

So not totally sure but that's what they said.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The manual says that you can register an account on the web via your PC, so you probably will be able to (in the US).

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, there is a complete lack of interest in the PS3 launch here at GAF. Does not speak well for the system....

Scotch

Bebpo said:
Wow, there is a complete lack of interest in the PS3 launch here at GAF. Does not speak well for the system....
Yeah I'm noticing that too. Though I don't think it says anything about the system. I think everyone's just playing Gears of War / standing in line somewhere. :lol

BTW having both this thread and the official sticky one seems kinda redundant.

Fowler

Am I the first line-up GAFfer to make it back alive and post? Looks like it...

That 18 hour wait wasn't the death march I thought it'd be. Was little in the way of trouble or drama; most of it actually came when we wanted to pay for our PS3s and had to struggle with Tsutaya's crap credit card handling.

For the poster who enquired about the food situation... fear not! We came prepared! I brought some food, and we made frequent convenience store runs for extra sustenance. There was a Starbucks in Tsutaya open until 3:30am, a KFC up the road and a 24 hour McDonalds across the street. Rest assured: jGAF did not hunger during the night.

jGAF did get soaked by the downpour that followed the PS3's arrival into the world. Beautiful mild morning before... rain after. I think it's a sign.

Dante

Fowler said:

That 18 hour wait wasn't the death march I thought it'd be. Was little in the way of trouble or drama; most of it actually came when we wanted to pay for our PS3s and had to struggle with Tsutaya's crap credit card handling.

For the poster who enquired about the food situation... fear not! We came prepared! I brought some food, and we made frequent convenience store runs for extra sustenance. There was a Starbucks in Tsutaya open until 3:30am, a KFC up the road and a 24 hour McDonalds across the street. Rest assured: jGAF did not hunger during the night.

jGAF did get soaked by the downpour that followed the PS3's arrival into the world. Beautiful mild morning before... rain after. I think it's a sign.

Congrats dude.

ant1532

Banned
Fowler said:

So where is it!!???

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fowler said:

Dcharlie beat you by ten minutes! But glad to see all went well, and you're back in one piece.

mollipen

I'm on AIM with Nick (aka Nick Des Barres, aka Nick Rox), and he said the place he was at had two thousand people in line, and that "I have stories of riots in the streets, barricades, ambulances and police."

He's going to do a write-up for our site, so once he does, I'll give a link.

shidoshi said:
I'm on AIM with Nick (aka Nick Des Barres, aka Nick Rox), and he said the place he was at had two thousand people in line, and that "I have stories of riots in the streets, barricades, ambulances and police."

wow! we need pics of that

shidoshi said:

ok I want a ps3, but we dont need the rapture here people. Society will move on.. Please details details

Top Bottom