• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3 Line-Up Information

tetsuoxb

ant1532 said:
:lol @ music. thanks though nice video.

Glad you liked the music. Actually, all those people got systems. 60GBs ran out about 9:30PM... All the big Yodos (The multimedias) got nearly 1000 units.

marwan

Banned
TheTrin said:
I just called Reno, who's standing at Tsutaya Shibuya with johntv, DC, fowler and the rest.

He told me Tsutaya has the DMC4 demo playable on a machine in the store. He wanted me to tell GAF that it sucks.

Not my words. ;P

i hope to god he was joking about DMC4(DMC ****ing rocked) or else i'm gonna hunt him down!

Not a soul outside Yodobashi in Sendai as of midnight.

Just like the PSP launch, madness in Tokyo and I strolled up at 9 a.m. to buy one launch day with not a single soul around.

Not that I'm complaining!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
tetsuoxb said:
Glad you liked the music. Actually, all those people got systems. 60GBs ran out about 9:30PM... All the big Yodos (The multimedias) got nearly 1000 units.

They were selling them on Friday? That's interesting. I wonder what the 60/20 split was.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
marwan said:
so any PC HDD works? and i wonder what the max limit is.
must be a 2.5" sata (laptop size) hard drive, not any hard drive per say. No word on a limit yet, but laptop drives dont go that high as it is.

bud

Sho Nuff said:
I kind of think it started last November but that's just me

c126237f44.gif

Sho Nuff

Banned
From DCharlie:

"Drama! Group just showed up claiming they were queuing at other door so they are now first...one of them is a smarmy ****. Now 20 plus ****s have now just walked to the front of the queue. Kickoff brewing. Inform GAF"

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sho Nuff said:
From DCharlie:

"Drama! Group just showed up claiming they were queuing at other door so they are now first...one of them is a smarmy ****. Now 20 plus ****s have now just walked to the front of the queue. Kickoff brewing. Inform GAF"
:lol chaos!

photo-20061110-142049-0-1e907990c3473dd3f5a8f403e184de3d.jpg

Pretty nice. Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara.
Shop staff proclaimed: "Everyone currently in line will be able to buy" and led people SIX stories down in the underground parking lot. (I have parked my car in there and it's HUGE and DEEP.)

(Sorry - couldn't find a bigger picture)

Defuser

winston_pr said:
http://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/mobimg/photo-20061110-142049-0-1e907990c3473dd3f5a8f403e184de3d.jpg

Shop staff proclaimed: "Everyone currently in line will be able to buy" and led people SIX stories down in the underground parking lot. (I have parked my car in there and it's HUGE and DEEP.)

Mass kidnapping for postitution confirmed!!!

Sho Nuff said:
From DCharlie:

Damn! We need video! Yakuza! SHOTEH FUK OP :D

Sho Nuff

Banned
OK, I'm going to bed now, but I know that by the time I wake up and check this thread people are going to have been maimed.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sho Nuff said:
From DCharlie:

Oh dear..

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
winston_pr said:
Like lambs to the slaughter...PS3 IS PEOPLE.

That's how they're going to ramp up production.

warthog

winston_pr said:
[IMGhttp://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/mobimg/photo-20061110-142049-0-1e907990c3473dd3f5a8f403e184de3d.jpg[/IMG]

Six stories down? :lol

"This is going out of control. We have to get rid of these people before the normal customers come in and we to avoid at all costs that they contact -the others-. Lead them to the basement!! Lure them in with the empty PS3 boxes we got, lock the door and throw away the key!"

Elios83

But these people......I thought they were receiving the console at midnight.....instead they are waiting till tomorrow morning when Ken arrives? :O :lol :lol :lol That's totally crazy,I'd never do that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sho Nuff said:
From DCharlie:

Tell him to grow some balls and tell them that if they queued at the wrong door, boo ****ing hoo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Elios83 said:
But these people......I thought they were receiving the console at midnight.....instead they are waiting till tomorrow morning when Ken arrives? :O :lol :lol :lol That's totally crazy,I'd never do that.

It's not just the store where Ken's going to be, actually. Ken is only going to one.

tetsuoxb

TheTrin said:
It's not just the store where Ken's going to be, actually. Ken is only going to one.

Ken usually does rounds in the morning of Tokyo launch days...

JOHNTV, DCHARLIE UPDATE: Apparently they talked to staff and got the interlopers thrown to the back of the line! Gaijin victory!

Fowler

Sho Nuff said:
From DCharlie:

Yeah those guys got booted to the back... that main guy was SO ****ing smarmy.

Not anymore!

Fowler

Actually I have to say: We didn't do all THAT much. I'm bloody useless because I can't speak any Japanese. John fought for our corner, but really, there was this one guy in a purple windbreaker who's been fighting the good fight all day for us. Earlier Tsutaya tried to tell us to line up somewhere else but never told us where else to go -- he single-handedly made them back off.

Forget Kutaragi: Purple Windbreaker Guy, we salute you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
tetsuoxb said:
JOHNTV, DCHARLIE UPDATE: Apparently they talked to staff and got the interlopers thrown to the back of the line! Gaijin victory!

YES!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
And some folks thought Sony would have trouble even selling these to the hardcore at launch...

Top Bottom