• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim fucked up, right? (The Office)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell didn't he stay with Karen? She was driven, more intelligent, way prettier, and less of a pushover. Pam pales (literally) in comparison. Plus, you know Karen wouldn't have made a big stink about Philly! WTF, man? not to mention, Karen wouldn't have gone on with crying sessions with the boom mic guy behind Jim's back. Soft ass Jim just let that slide, too...

On top of that, it makes me so sad to see that the show eroded into the Jim & Pam show + Andy doing his worst at trying to be Michael Scott pt. 2 and Kevin being a complete buffoon. Kevin was actually smart in the early seasons. WTF, The Office? You were so gud.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
tumblr_ktwfqshE0F1qau8uxo1_400.png

It is kind of odd that the audience spends the first three seasons of the show rooting for Jim and Pam, but then once they're an official couple, and then married... you kind of stop buying them as a couple. At least I did. On top of that, Karen wasn't an unlikable character by any means, just wasn't "girl-next-door" like Pam.

I'm reminded now how stupid the whole Philly/Scranton fight was in the final season, and that boom mic dude... wtf.

jonezer4

I'm one of those that totally fell in love with Pam. (Well, Seasons 1-5 Pam anyway) So I'm glad this didn't happen.

The show just got so bad in latter seasons that pretty much every character sucked. Karen only seems amazing because you didn't have to watch her character be destroyed by 4+ seasons of garbage (especially the last season, which really marred Jim and Pam with its completely forced/trite conflict.)

Shadybiz

Yeah I definitely dug Karen more. Wait...she played Counterstrike as well? Fuck, Jim, yer an idiot.
yeah yeah, different strokes, etc..

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I was always on team PB&J so I was happy when they ended up together in season 4.

It's a trope. The same reason
Ted still went after Robin after his wife died.
<-- HIMYM spoiler

Unfortunately real life isn't TV so there's probably no chance of ending up with the girl I fell in love with at my old job. My situation wasn't anything like The Office.

Fucking Pam was a uber bitch

Leaves for 3 month to go study art
Leaves Dunder Mifflin to work for Michael Scott Paper A obviously doomed business
Joins DM again as a commission based sales agent when she sucks at sales and could of likely had the receptionist job
Invents fake and unsecure job role
Bitches about Jim's new and potentially very high paying job
Has some kind of intimate connection with Camera Guy

Jim was totally pussy whipped.

Iceman

Jim, as an avatar for your own injected identity, certainly seems to have gone down the wrong path.

I didnt think Jim really wanted somebody that was as motivated and driven as Karen. I think he prefered to be with someone he could clown around with.

It's the same curse most shows have with couples. You like watching them when you want them to get together, but you don't actually wanna watch them when they're finally together. Sam and Diane in Cheers, Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd in Moonlighting, Dawson and Joey in Dawson's Creek... that why-they-won't-they dynamic is what's exciting and keeps you coming back for more like a crack addict. Once they get together, the luster's gone, and you're left with boredom.

Fucking Pam was a uber bitch

Leaves for 3 month to go study art
Leaves Dunder Mifflin to work for Michael Scott Paper A obviously doomed business
Joins DM again as a commission based sales agent when she sucks at sales and could of likely had the receptionist job
Invents fake and unsecure job role
Bitches about Jim's new and potentially very high paying job
Has some kind of intimate connection with Camera Guy

Jim was totally pussy whipped.

Leaves art school to be with Jim.
Tries to further her career by being a salesman after working as one for a while at another company.
Bitches about the fact that Jim leaves her alone to look after his kids for half the time whilst he runs away to start his own business because he had a midlife crisis and was bored with his life.
Turns to a friend who she's known for years for comfort when she's going through shit.

Whatabitch.

Leaves art school to be with Jim.
Tries to further her career by being a salesman after working as one for a while at another company.
Bitches about the fact that Jim leaves her alone to look after his kids for half the time whilst he runs away to start his own business because he had a midlife crisis and was bored with his life.
Turns to a friend who she's known for years for comfort when she's going through shit.

Whatabitch.

You can see it like that but you would be wrong.

She was useless at sales and worked at a mock company that got lucky. Going to DM and being a commission based sales agent was a terrible move (which Jim supported her through)

Her bitching is selfish. Jim's job could lead the family to crazy wealth and she is moaning cause she has to be a real mother for a bit.

She still invented a entirely fake job role that could have serious repercussions if she was found out.

She still in some way pushed along a "relationship" with someone other than Jim behind his back

I'll give you the art school one but it was likely her personal guilt and poor performance that made her come back. I believe it's insinuated if not explicitly said that she either didn't like or didn't "get" art school.

You can see it like that but you would be wrong.

She was useless at sales and worked at a mock company that got lucky. Going to DM and being a commission based sales agent was a terrible move (which Jim supported her through)

Her bitching is selfish. Jim's job could lead the family to crazy wealth and she is moaning cause she has to be a real mother for a bit.

She still invented a entirely fake job role that could have serious repercussions if she was found out.

She still in some way pushed along a "relationship" with someone other than Jim behind his back

I'll give you the art school one but it was likely her personal guilt and poor performance that made her come back. I believe it's insinuated if not explicitly said that she either didn't like or didn't "get" art school.

What is a real mother?

I don't think you're remembering that correctly, she left art school to be with Jim. She said that stuff to him when she got back so he wouldn't feel guilty that she left, it wasn't exactly subtle.

You can view Karen as being the better match for Jim (which, I personally don't), but I can't see how anything Pam did would qualify her as a bitch.

J10

Banned
Pam went from sweet girl next door to ungrateful failure.
Angela's a judgmental, hypocritical bitch.
Meredith is an alcoholic slut.
Phyllis has no personality aside from being soft spoken and liking to fuck her husband.
Kelly is an annoying ditz.
Karen was awesome.
Holly was an adorable dork.
Jan appeared normal until she was divorced from her husband.
Erin was Michael with a vagina but less shallow.

Jim's a slacker until he's interested in something.
Dwight went from a weird nerd to a total psychopath.
Michael is a socially inept dunce.
Kevin was turned into a literal retard by the end of the show.
Oscar is gay.
Andy was a sycophant with anger issues who was secretly gay.
Stanley merely went through various phases of not giving a fuck.
Ryan was an enormous douchebag.
Toby is the lamest motherfucker on the planet.

This was a good show.

Salmonax

I found Pam's actions through all the art school stuff to be fairly human and understandable. The last season is where things really fell off a cliff.

Her inability to understand the opportunity that Jim's new job represented and reticence to leave Scranton for an actual interesting city were nonsensical. And the pseudo-affair with the sound guy was where her character was officially beyond repair.

Pam went from sweet girl next door to ungrateful failure.
Angela's a judgmental, hypocritical bitch.
Meredith is an alcoholic slut.
Phyllis has no personality aside from being soft spoken and liking to fuck her husband.
Kelly is an annoying ditz.
Karen was awesome.
Holly was an adorable dork.
Jan appeared normal until she was divorced from her husband.

Jim's a slacker until he's interested in something.
Dwight went from a weird nerd to a total psychopath.
Michael is a socially inept dunce.
Kevin was turned into a literal retard by the end of the show.
Oscar is gay.
Andy was secretly gay.
Stanley merely went through various phases of not giving a fuck.
Ryan was an enormous douchebag.
Toby is the lamest motherfucker on the planet.

This was a good show.
Pretty much agreed all the way through. The whole Phyllis is this nice, soft spoken person... But also a nymphomaniac was really weird to me, though. I get that they wanted a running gag for her but that was really weird and off key.

Really what was Pete good for? A love interest for Erin?? They should have done a triangle of love with Ryan Kelly and Erin. Dwight Jr. was decent but definitely not vital.

Hatchtag

Banned
Jesus this thread just makes me realize how much I hope Season 7 is the last for Parks and Rec. Office would've been just fine ending with Season 7. Hopefully Parks and Rec will learn from its mistakes.

I think Pam going through the marriage with Roy would have led to a lot more interesting seasons. I kind of lost interest after season 2.

What is a real mother?

I don't think you're remembering that correctly, she left art school to be with Jim. She said that stuff to him when she got back so he wouldn't feel guilty that she left, it wasn't exactly subtle.

You can view Karen as being the better match for Jim (which, I personally don't), but I can't see how anything Pam did would qualify her as a bitch.

It wasn't just for Jim though, iirc, she sucked at art school and was completely lost. She realized she was way over her head.

And I guess he means real mother as in taking care of her kids. Sure, it's not easy, but the work Jim was doing could lead to a much better life.

Karen is infinitely more unattractive than Pam.

Pam and Jim's characters were both written like absolutely schizophrenic shit in the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom