• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim fucked up, right? (The Office)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus this thread just makes me realize how much I hope Season 7 is the last for Parks and Rec. Office would've been just fine ending with Season 7. Hopefully Parks and Rec will learn from its mistakes.

I'm mostly hoping the same. For example:

Kevin was turned into a literal retard by the end of the show.

Same thing is happening on Parks and Rec with Andy. You can tell some of that "late season" vibe is creeping in on the show.

Pejo

I think he did ok....

Picture related.

q2o0B1l.jpg

Pam and Jim suffered from bad writing in the last few seasons. They were at their best in the first four. (Season two is the best season)

Faiz

I seriously thought this was going to be about Jim being a "nice guy" and being her friend for so long when REALLY he had other intentions.

Rayis

I don't understand the hate for Pam, I watched the whole show and I had read ahead of the seasons that she was going to be a huge bitch by the end of the show and to me she never did anything bitch worthy, she just had some reservations that made her insecure that's it.

Tetra-9

I totally agree that Karen was a better choice.

But I like to think that the Office writers chose to go satirical and have Jim and Pam stick together to remind viewers that anyone no matter how much you like them can become a super boring married couple. Jim and Pam are super likable, then after they marry, both characters lose their personality. Using this train of thought helps me respect the last seasons a little more than I did at first.

J10

Banned
Pam was never interesting. She was cute, but mousey. Creative, but untalented. You can't choose who you love.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm mostly hoping the same. For example:

Same thing is happening on Parks and Rec with Andy. You can tell some of that "late season" vibe is creeping in on the show.

Oh yeah. And we have a character far worse than the office has ever had now with fucking Craig.

Krowley

They're both hot in different ways and I have a crush on both actresses. But in the context of The Office, Pam was the right choice.

Basically, you're wrong op.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Pam is hotter than Karen in every category. She's got the girl next door face and that rack that just doesn't lie.

Karen looks like she was modeled by Bethesda tbqh.

Wow this thread exists. The dude loved happily ever after with the woman he loved had kids etc. And she can look fine as hell sometimes.

I mean Amy Adams is just a better looking version of the same woman but looks aren't all that matters here.

J10

Banned
We're underestimating the power of a good sense of humor. That's where Pam was superior and ultimately what mattered most to Jim. Karen didn't make Jim laugh. She'd rather encourage him to grow up than join in on a joke. Jim didn't need to grow up, he just needed something to give a shit about. If he had married Karen he would have ended up like Stanley.

Bad writing last two seasons not withstanding, Jim and Pam were pretty consistent in that regard.

Forearms

Pam is hotter than Karen in every category. She's got the girl next door face and that rack that just doesn't lie.

Karen looks like she was modeled by Bethesda tbqh.

Honestly, I think that's a bit harsh. However, Pam is superior in every category.

It is kind of odd that the audience spends the first three seasons of the show rooting for Jim and Pam, but then once they're an official couple, and then married... you kind of stop buying them as a couple.
Because the show utterly failed to show them as more than an office crush/friend situation. They got together and immediately formed the most sexless, boring relationship on television. They had absolutely no sexual chemistry and, up until the very end, were very instrumental in allowing each other to fail over and over again. Karen actually pushed Jim professionally but he didn't want any of that and settled. Their bond was over nothing more than their sanctimonious contempt towards their coworkers.

They lost me as a couple when they would whine and whine and whine about being apart when Pam was in art school despite it really only being a summer thing and only a 3 hour drive apart. And she didn't want to be apart from him anymore so she fucking dropped out when she failed a class like the worthless loser they made her character. My (now) wife and I lived further apart for 4 YEARS (one of them while I had cancer) so forgive me if their failure to hear each other on the phone while doing laundry one day offended me. Their relationship is not more precious than mine.

Seriously, she was a receptionist, a terrible salesman, capable of only 'motel room art' because her inability to throw any passion into anything, and became a shrew of a wife when her husband actually did try to better their lives. The show did her so dirty. But, as someone else mentioned, the show pretty much did everyone dirty by the end.

And their wedding episode was terrible.

Fuck Jim and Pam, they deserve to live in mediocrity with each other.

<3 Jenna Fischer, though

strobogo

Banned
It's weird the show spent the whole time having Jim and Pam as the ONE TRUE ROMANCE, but the actual show just proved that they really were only together because they worked together and were around each other. As soon as they were in a different environment, they found people that they matched up with better. The show should have taken that route.

Gorillaz

It's weird the show spent the whole time having Jim and Pam as the ONE TRUE ROMANCE, but the actual show just proved that they really were only together because they worked together and were around each other. As soon as they were in a different environment, they found people that they matched up with better. The show should have taken that route.
I feel like that would have been the more organic one as well.

Jim and Pam thing felt forced after awhile. Like a petty high school couple type of forced. The karen thing would have been alot better imo

Septimius

I just found an image of Jenna Fisher only holding a towel via Google Image Search. Hot damn. I feel it's borderline inappropriate to post, but it's an easy find.

Pam's body shape > Karen's body shape

(Oh, and Kathy was a bitch. Bag girl was hot, though)

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Karen was easily the better choice. But at least both of them were better than Dawn (i.e. the worst part of the superior UK version).

Probably an unpopular opinion: if I had been in Jim's place, I'd have put more effort in trying to date the hot girl from the first season AKA Amy Adams.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Probably an unpopular opinion: if I had been in Jim's place, I'd have put more effort in trying to date the hot girl from the first season AKA Amy Adams.

You mean the one who was an idiot and wasn't compatible with Jim at all? Yeah, good idea.

Rell

That's part of what makes the relationship work for the show.

Pam is kind of pathetic, never really achieving anything despite going out of her way to do so on multiple occasions. And she obviously takes it hard. Jim floats along, takes nothing seriously, and has the greatest successes in the series.

I hate thinking of Jim as the audience surrogate, but it's obviously a huge potion of the writing.

AceOcelot

when it comes to The Office, I only watch seasons 2-4.

They're the only ones bearable.

Also, Jim should've stayed with Amy Adams from season 2.

Ultimadrago

It is kind of odd that the audience spends the first three seasons of the show rooting for Jim and Pam, but then once they're an official couple, and then married... you kind of stop buying them as a couple. At least I did. On top of that, Karen wasn't an unlikable character by any means, just wasn't "girl-next-door" like Pam.

I'm reminded now how stupid the whole Philly/Scranton fight was in the final season, and that boom mic dude... wtf.

These are exactly my thoughts on it all.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Whoa I had no idea there was Pam hate. They're PB&J. I mean, that's the end of the argument.

Also I must be weird because apparently I'm one of the few people who doesn't find Rashida Jones super attractive. Jenna Fischer, on the other hand...

Bladenic

I always thought Pam was an insufferable bitch. Karen was amazing but she was too good for that dumbass Jim, he and Pam were perfect for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom