• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim fucked up, right? (The Office)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaves art school to be with Jim.
Tries to further her career by being a salesman after working as one for a while at another company.
Bitches about the fact that Jim leaves her alone to look after his kids for half the time whilst he runs away to start his own business because he had a midlife crisis and was bored with his life.
Turns to a friend who she's known for years for comfort when she's going through shit.

Whatabitch.

Yeah. The friend who wanted to turn her a few ways himself. That was telling.

Pam was cute.

But man.

Rashida Jones!

xenist

Sorry but how did Jim do the wrong thing? Pam was amazing and their romance was perfect.

happyggidn.gif

That moment was literally perfect. It's a shame the writers turned all the characters into barely human jerks. Can you imagine The Office ending on that scene? People would be singing the show's praises until the second coming.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pam was great while she was still in the whole "will they, or won't they" phase with Jim. Cute and charming, pretty irresistible all around. They just ruined both the characters as they show went on, making them far less appealing in retrospect.

Always thought Pam was cute...reminded me of a girl I dated once based on the looks. Didn't follow the series after a bit, it got entirely too awkward.

Amory

No way. It had to be Jim and Pam. That video he has the documentary team help him put together...

Man, that show really had its moments.

chris121580

It's amazing how a show took a character who was one of my fav tv characters of all time and completely ruined him. Jim was so awesome the first few seasons and then somehow they made him so terrible. One of the worst transformations of a television character that I've ever seen. Show would've been perfect had the series ended right after Jim and Pam's wedding. That's when everything went downhill

zma1013

Sorry, Pam wins out. Have you seen that actress in that ice skating comedy with Napoleon where she plays a hooker? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammn. If she wanted to, she could "hot" herself up but she's in a damn office in Scranton, PA selling paper, no point. Besides, her and Jim have much better chemistry together anyways.

Coconut

Banned
Karen was too good for Jim the biggest asshole on that show is Jim. He's constantly giving people a hard time and from what I've pretty much sabotaging everyone with his selfish pursuits. Fuck Jim.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pam was horrible, Karen was A+. Jim's an idiot. Not even speaking from a physical perspective - just in general as a character.

Then again Jim was anything but likable as time went on. He did some seriously prick things to people. He deserves shitty Pam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk, Jim was REALLY shitty to Andy by hiding his phone in the ceiling. Fuck you Jim.

I definitely got an elitist vibe from Jim. Anybody does anything that could be considered out of the ordinary and he'd do his look at the camera all like, "oooookayyyyyy. what a fuckin weirdo"

Coconut

Banned
Hi Dwight! :p

Bears bees battle star galactica

Mindy Kaling when she was writing the show talked about the character of Jim in an interview and she said something along the lines of how Jim on the surface is the person she'd want to hook up with but the reality of Jim is that he's pretty much a selfish ass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, like what? Seems like he was pretty cool to everyone.

A couple things from a website that sums it up:

He let Michael fall into a Koi pond because he was bitter Michael was tagging along. He wouldn’t fist bump Toby. He wouldn’t call Andy “Drew”. He’d rather watch the Phillies game than take his girlfriend Karen out on a date. Just because you hate your life doesn’t mean you get to take it out on everyone else, buster. And Dwight? Poor, poor Dwight, you’ve been victim to Jim’s bullying since I can remember.

Also, let’s remind our viewers that he stole the ‘Nard Dog’s phone, threw it in the ceiling and taunted his victim by calling it incessantly. Because why? Because he didn’t like his ring tone.

Who cares if the ‘Nard Dog spent hours making it (one of his favorite hobbies is singing) AND Jim knew Andy doesn’t liked to be picked on (remember his reaction to the Jell-O prank?). Jim’s going to fuck with you anyway. Andy ended up in anger management, but does Jim feel bad about it? No. Because Jim’s a huge dick.

He ditched his girlfriend in New York to go ask out another woman. A girlfriend who, you know, was DEPENDING ON THE GUY FOR A RIDE BACK TO SCRANTON. You just fucking left her? In NYC? Without telling her, and no alternate form of transportation? DO I EVEN HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE DICKISHNESS OF THIS MANUEVER?

Imagine re-telling that story to a friend:

Person: “So what did you do?”

Dick: “I went back to Scranton.”

Person: “What about Karen?”

Dick: “I left her there.”

Person: “Are you … are you serious?”

Dick: “Yeah man, I just got in the car and left. Wanna Jagerbomb?”

It’s indefensible, which means you cannot defense it. Even if I hated the person I was with, truly genuinely hated everything about them, I STILL wouldn’t leave them stranded a state away from their home.

He hit on an engaged woman. It’s one thing to fool around with someone who has a boyfriend or a girlfriend — that’ll happen. Nobody is proud of it, but there are few people who can cast the first stone when it comes to not meddling with some other person’s fidelity (or their own for that matter). But once that ring goes on the finger?

Game over.

You can’t mess with married menfolk and womenfolk, and a fiance is basically an extension of that. If you are fucking around with married/engaged people, you are making a statement about your own moral compass. They don’t call that cheating, they call that an affair. You wanna be part of an affair? Hell no.

That’s like when your parents used to say, “We’re not mad, we’re just disappointed.” It’s a whole new level of shit. Isn’t it? Am I wrong here? Did Jim Halpert not kiss an engaged woman? Twice? Did I miss the part where that was kosher? Imagine if Toby made a move on Pam right now. There would be a mob of pitchfork and peanut butter spoon wielding women storming the streets.

Hitting on married/engaged women — regardless of how long they’ve been engaged — is a dick move. That’s why, to borrow a line from Twilight:

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, blah-blah-blah teenage vampire stuff, second blah-blah werewolves etc. …

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably sure that Jim Halpert’s a real dick.

Real talk, Jim was REALLY shitty to Andy by hiding his phone in the ceiling. Fuck you Jim.

Hiding cellphones is a pretty common dick move at my job.
Jim took it to another level by having someone call Andy's cell while he was trying to find it. IIRC Andy was expecting a very important call.

So from common dick move to really fucking shitty.

greyshark

He hit on an engaged woman. It’s one thing to fool around with someone who has a boyfriend or a girlfriend — that’ll happen. Nobody is proud of it, but there are few people who can cast the first stone when it comes to not meddling with some other person’s fidelity (or their own for that matter). But once that ring goes on the finger?

Game over.

You can’t mess with married menfolk and womenfolk, and a fiance is basically an extension of that. If you are fucking around with married/engaged people, you are making a statement about your own moral compass. They don’t call that cheating, they call that an affair. You wanna be part of an affair? Hell no.

That’s like when your parents used to say, “We’re not mad, we’re just disappointed.” It’s a whole new level of shit. Isn’t it? Am I wrong here? Did Jim Halpert not kiss an engaged woman? Twice? Did I miss the part where that was kosher? Imagine if Toby made a move on Pam right now. There would be a mob of pitchfork and peanut butter spoon wielding women storming the streets.

Hitting on married/engaged women — regardless of how long they’ve been engaged — is a dick move. That’s why, to borrow a line from Twilight:

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, blah-blah-blah teenage vampire stuff, second blah-blah werewolves etc. …

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably sure that Jim Halpert’s a real dick.

BFD - engaged ain't married. Never, ever, ever give up.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hiding cellphones is a pretty common dick move at my job.
Jim took it to another level by having someone call Andy's cell while he was trying to find it. IIRC Andy was expecting a very important call.

So from common dick move to really fucking shitty.

He wasn't expecting a very important call. He had to call himself just to get Jim to hear the song the first time. He gets no phone calls.

He wasn't expecting a very important call. He had to call himself just to get Jim to hear the song the first time. He gets no phone calls.

Oh yeah.....

Damn...that's even worse then.

Although to be honest, I never liked Andy.
I'll never defend anyone dicking him over like that, but I guess I'm too "live and let live" for that sort of thing.

Another dick thing that Jim did was early on Dwight was trying to get a raise and he argued that he deserved it because he had never missed a day of work, so Jim convinced him that the next day was Saturday even though it was Friday so that he would miss work. Dwight wound up not getting the raise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another dick thing that Jim did was early on Dwight was trying to get a raise and he argued that he deserved it because he had never missed a day of work, so Jim convinced him that the next day was Saturday even though it was Friday so that he would miss work. Dwight wound up not getting the raise.

Just Jim being shitty to other people. Just being shitty. Fuck you Jim.

Michael was not going to give him a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom