• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Ashhong

Also, I think I finally found a Ye shirt I'd buy and rock. Having trouble finding a colour I'd rock though. Asphalt, turqoise, purple and red all look great. There's also this too, but I don't like any of the colours.

Man about 7-8 years ago there was this site with official Ye clothing. They had this white tee with the LV color monogram but with the Kanye bear instead of the LV. Shit was awesome. But instead I got the GOOD shirt. Sad I didn't get that one too. Basically looks like this but with shiny gold font. Gets a lot of looks at GOOD concerts haha

t-shirt-1-side-template.jpg

wastewater

Neo Member
I've been on a KW hiatus for a few years but i gave Yeezus a quick listen last night and..Goes without saying the beats are great but he's a lot smoother with his rhymes than i remember. He's nothing amazing or anything but he didn't grate on me as much.

I'll have to give it a proper listen but i'd say i'm back on board, i'll have to give 808 and MBDTF a go.

ohlawd

Been listening to this album for a while now

This is Ye's worst album, easily.

Only good songs are Black Skinhead, New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2.

BotL is such straight up fire, 1:07 onwards gives me chills. I want to cut out the awful Charlie Wilson shit on Bound 2.

edit: k now I'm overthinking it. Now I'm thinking MBDTF is his worst album. Goddamit Ye.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been listening to this album for a while now

This is Ye's worst album, easily.

Only good songs are Black Skinhead, New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2.

BotL is such straight up fire, 1:07 onwards gives me chills. I want to cut out the awful Charlie Wilson shit on Bound 2.

edit: k now I'm overthinking it. Now I'm thinking MBDTF is his worst album. Goddamit Ye.
RSpWv9f.gif

Anyone who calls MBDTF Kanye's worst album can't be taken seriously.

ohlawd

I skip more than half of the songs in MBDTF. I think it's no good >_>

The only song on it I can listen to all the way is Gorgeous.
I listen to Ross' verse in Devil in a New Dress and Nicki's in Monster. I skip the other verses.
Runaway and Power are the worst songs in the album.

Not even gonna comment on the rest.

Here's my Ye album rankings:
LR > CD > Grad > 808s >>> MBDTF = Yeezus
I got mah fire dragon armor on, I ain't scurred of NOTHING.

Wilbur

Banned
MBDTF is Ye's best and every song on it apart from Blame Game is amazing

Yeezus has proper grown on me and is also amazing. Probably my third favourite Ye album after the above and LR

solarus

Kanye has said that MBTF was the first time he actually wrote down his lines, which explains why it was lyrically his strongest.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Listened to it again recently and man, this album is a clusterfuck of shittiness. Starts ok with the 2 first songs, then immediately goes downhill once those idiotic screams start during I Am A God, ruining the badass beat.

solarus

Listened to it again recently and man, this album is a clusterfuck of shittiness. Starts ok with the 2 first songs, then immediately goes downhill once those idiotic screams start during I Am A God, ruining the badass beat.
Disagree, I like the screams and I actually think the album only gets better as it goes on, best songs are towards the end, save for bound 2 which breaks the sound of the album but is a decent song regardless, just not fit for the album.
Favourite songs are
1) blood on the leaves
2) I'm in it
3) Hold my liquor (tied second really)
4) new slaves
5) send it up
SNL black skinhead would easily make top 5.

solarus

As opposed to what?

He just went with whatever off the top of his head?
Apparently so, he didn't write down for yeezus as well, it was just off the top of his head according to rick rubin. Explains a lot.
http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/...ntil-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-video/
“I didn’t write my raps down for my first four albums—like all, I did it from the head straight to the booth. But on this last album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, I wrote it. I really put myself in the zone that my life was dependent on the success of this album. With that being the case, I said, ‘You know what? No matter what anybody says about me, they won’t—I can write something that can make someone that hates me the most have to really respect or love the song.’ So even a song like ‘Power,’ I spent 5,000 hours writing it, and it’s really the psychology behind the lyrics; it’s not just blatantly, ‘I’ve got all the power’—[it's] ‘No one man should have all that power.’ It’s word[ed] it in a really sensitive way that opens it up for everyone. Even if I use first person and say ‘I, I, I,’ it’s always for everyone. For things that people are going through. Uplifting songs like ‘Stronger,’ ‘Good Life.’ The majority of my music is made to be inspirational. To say: ‘I’ve been in that situation, I’ve worked a job where I couldn’t even afford the clothes of the spot I was working at.’”

The more I listen, the more I like the album. The lyrics are strong in a story telling, emotional way, not a raw New God Flow or old Kanye kinda way.

This album is about Kanye's progression as a rapper, his lifestyle, ego, relationships and etc. Bound 2 ends it with a positive outlook for the future all ways, I guess with that crazy bitch Kim K.

Despite the past, now I'm really listening. Respect.

ampere

So whatever, only really liked Black Skinhead, Hold My Liquor and Bound 2 when I was first listening to Yeezus. Lot of the songs sounded like noise, like what the fuck Ye

I'll eat crow, I like a lot more of the album now. I was playin it mostly to hear the tracks I liked and just had the whole album in my car so I'd hear the other songs and start going Bobby Booshay. Not going to rank it yet, but I obviously like it more than 808s, that shit never grew on me

Fuck, praise Yeezus

Mistle

What's with the tempo-slider? Kind of cool, haha. and you can click the button to take a high-res still at any point

CG sucks bad. it's a shame because the video would have been pretty cool if it was actually kanye

Top Bottom