• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks unfinished, no way that's the final version. If so, what in the flying fuck Kanye....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty disappointing, though I like the idea. Ye straight flailing his arms at times.

Welcome To Heartbreak still the best Ye video.

hoos30

charles-barkley-demotivational-poster-1218011213.jpg

This is the lead single for a critically acclaimed album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish we got a video for the entirety of flashing lights.
God knows how many videos Ye has canned now.

I think he's shot at least 1 more for Yeezus and might've canned some for MBDTF. Though I may just be thinking of the Lost in the World video that came out.

Degen

oh no... ye why

He officially just does not care anymore and I haven't decided whether to hate or respect the hell out of that

nib95

Banned
Finally got through a few listenings of this. Really weird, and divided. Parts are too experimental or too narcissistic for me, despite being Kanye. But the production is great, and a couple of tracks are just downright expertly made. As in, super refined and intelligently produced and put together. Not sure where I stand, but I have to respect him for trying something a bit different. Jay Z's new album in comparison just seems a bit pedestrian. Doesn't grab me in the way that Yeezus does, despite not always grabbing me in a positive way.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
how do we get into contact with kanye to tell him his quality fell way the fuck off ?

Red_Man

how do we get into contact with kanye to tell him his quality fell way the fuck off ?
I heard saying "Yeezus gon feed us tonight fam" 3 times in a mirror with all the lights off while burning a $100 bill will make him appear at your house.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
qXsl36D.png

5 months and that's how far it's come? lol wtf
Well we heard of him shooting stuff a long time ago, I think a lot of that is the Cerberus/KKK imagery he used in his live performances.

The rest is probably Virgil trying to figure out how to do the pieces over a long span of time.

LTTP: but, Album is garbage

Why can't he go back to the lighthearted-pop-fun times of Graduation/Late Registration/College Dropout?

Nothing on this album is worth a repeat listen.

MThanded

LTTP: but, Album is garbage

Why can't he go back to the lighthearted-pop-fun times of Graduation/Late Registration/College Dropout?

Nothing on this album is worth a repeat listen.
This is the exactly the bullshit I would expect Sawyer from Lost to say. You stay taking the L son.

I didn't like Yeezus when I first heard it but it's grown on me immensely.
Then again you didn't like it's predecessor so it might not be your cup of juice.

And yeah Juliet is the far superior lay.

Then again you didn't like it's predecessor so it might not be your cup of juice.

I guess I just liked Kanye when his tracks sounded more catchy/poppy. The beats aren't grabbing me, and lyrically Kanye just kind of sounds the same across the entire album. The album just has a depressing/hard sound to it.

Graduation is probably my favorite Kanye album.

nib95

Banned

Same. First listen or two was like, wtf is this ear sore. But it's really grown on me. Listening to it more than Holy Grail and Born Sinner.

kehs

Banned
So I've listened to this about five time now.

Only good song is slaves, everything else garbage.

He'll never match 808s.

MThanded

So I've listened to this about five time now.

Only good song is slaves, everything else garbage.

He'll never match 808s.
This is exactly what I expect Nicolaus Copernicus the astronomer and mathematician to say. You are sure as hell no Galileo.

im kidding

daffy

Banned
808s is the best Kanye album but Yeezus sits proudly right behind it tbh. No filler. every song is trying something different. I mean On Sight alone is amazing. Love it.

Mistle

qXsl36D.png

5 months and that's how far it's come? lol wtf

Man... I really hope the leaked version is a very old rough, and not just a current unpolished version.

Because if they've spent 5 months, losing sleep over the video, and it is anything like what we've seen, then... I just don't know what to say
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So, is it possible to purchase the "Please Add Graffiti" posters that were used for promotion? Or would I basically have to luck into finding a store or something willing to part with it once they're finished?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Artists including Mr. Cartoon and James Franco add grafitti to Ye's album cover.

Great quote:

Wil Fry
Designer, internet wild child

Artist's take: "No one who feels like writing graffiti needs or wants your permission to do so. I burned sixteen copies of the leaked version of Yeezus and stuck them to the poster with velcro. I'd like to encourage everyone walking by to take one."

Dope. Ye tweeted this out too, I imagine he fucks with all of these.

- - -

Also, I think I finally found a Ye shirt I'd buy and rock. Having trouble finding a colour I'd rock though. Asphalt, turqoise, purple and red all look great. There's also this too, but I don't like any of the colours.

Top Bottom