• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Dereck

yeezus-swaghili-post-592.jpg

lol

NMFried

Can I ask what everyone's honest opinion on Graduation is? I'm interested, because I think it's the pinnacle of what he tried to do with his first two albums.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can I ask what everyone's honest opinion on Graduation is? I'm interested, because I think it's the pinnacle of what he tried to do with his first two albums.
The album is a simple, selfish endeavor. A quintessential celebration of success in album form which is very fitting given the title. It hits high highs and low lows at times, and I see it as the beginning of artsy/bold Kanye.

I just downvoted the first song ever on google music.

Hold my liquor

what a piece of shit song.

Your opinion is wrong, sorry.

Also what is that noise on the last page about Power being a bad song.... you can't be serious:

"I got treasures in my mind but couldn't open up my own vault, my childlike creativity, purity and honesty has honestly got me crowded by these grown thoughts,
reality is catching up with me, taking my inner child fighting for him custody, with these responsibilities that they entrust in me, as I look down at my diamond encrusted piece,
thinking NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER"

Like seriously.

Ashhong

Your opinion is wrong, sorry.

Also what is that noise on the last page about Power being a bad song.... you can't be serious:

"I got treasures in my mind but couldn't open up my own vault, my childlike creativity, purity and honesty has honestly got me crowded by these grown thoughts,
reality is catching up with me, taking my inner child fighting for him custody, with these responsibilities that they entrust in me, as I look down at my diamond encrusted piece,
thinking NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER"

Like seriously.

Some amazing lyrics in that album.

I guess I'm one of the weird ones but I think Late Registration is the best of old Kanye and MBDTF is at the same level with a new style. College Dropout is great, but i think it's somewhat overrated in an OoT like way.

kehs

Banned
Ive been listening to this album alot more, and I rescind my original opinion, it's pretty great.

Other than hold my liquor...fuck that song. It's a blemish.

Kanye lyrics are kanye lyrics on all his songs...croissants...really?

His style though, It's great, reminds me of saul williams niggytardust and electric circus from common.

I can't help but roll my eyes over any verse where he goes back to his old graduation style bullshit though. gawd. move on dude.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kanye just showed up at drakes OVOfest in Toronto, I was gonna go but I had to work :(

chris121580

This album just keeps getting better and better each time I listen. So ambitious. I love when he gets experimental. Lyrics may not be as strong on this but that has never been Kanye's strong suit anyways. The production is just absolutely stellar

Mau ®

I didn't know there was a OT for Yeezus in Community!

Just came in here to say Yeezus is by FAR my fave album of the year. It's just amazing to work out to, while working in the office, while driving. It's just perfect.

Might even be my fave Kanye album :O

EloquentM

aka Mannny
^^its my second fave song on this album.

Mau ®;76724643 said:
I didn't know there was a OT for Yeezus in Community!

Just came in here to say Yeezus is by FAR my fave album of the year. It's just amazing to work out to, while working in the office, while driving. It's just perfect.

Might even be my fave Kanye album :O
Yeah it use to be in regular OT until it hit like page 90

SKINNER!

Banned
I gotta bring it back to the 'nolia!
[mute] them n-[mute] do-[mute] n-[mute]
[mute] them [mute] down [mute]
Fuc-[mute] nig-[mute] down!
I ride with my , I'd die for my...

MTV should really open a slaughterhouse.

Bowser

I gotta bring it back to the 'nolia!
[mute] them n-[mute] do-[mute] n-[mute]
[mute] them [mute] down [mute]
Fuc-[mute] nig-[mute] down!
I ride with my , I'd die for my...

MTV should really open a slaughterhouse.

I laughed so hard at this (both the actual video and this post)

PG2G

Yeezus made Chief Keef tolerable so I have faith, can't imagine how this choice in song makes sense though.

Either way, I'm pretty happy at the thought of more music

Top Bottom