• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Told ya'll this album was going to do like 300-350k. People talkin about 500k easily with no mainstream radio friendly hit or marketing, ridiculous.

Can I get a marketing job? I understand this demographics and marketing game like it's second nature.

methodman

Banned
Told ya'll this album was going to do like 300-350k. People talkin about 500k easily with no mainstream radio friendly hit or marketing, ridiculous.

Can I get a marketing job? I understand this demographics and marketing game like it's second nature.
It's because it was a lazy album for him. Barely any marketing, Just one track produced by yeezy? Disappointing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's because it was a lazy album for him. Barely any marketing, Just one track produced by yeezy? Disappointing.
Ye is the lead producer on every song. It is his vision and his album after all. Collaborating with others doesn't change that.

Also On Sight is dope as fuck. Ye has mastered the art of the opening track for an album. On Sight is just so lush and concise and gets you moving. No wasted lyrics or anything on that song either.

Imm0rt4l

Wasn't hard to see. This shit has no singles.
Ye is the lead producer on every song. It is his vision and his album after all. Collaborating with others doesn't change that.

Also On Sight is dope as fuck.
Word

KingKong

I haven't come to a complete judgment, but after three spins that's where I'm leaning.

If there is something else there, please enlighten me.

Ok, throughout the entire album Kanye is contrasting civil rights issues with himself. Like on New Slaves, he's not being Public Enemy, beyond a few lines about the DEA and CCA, it's about how he is affected by the media and fashion industry. I'm In It has 3 offensive lines that increase the depravity of what he's rapping. This song just follows that theme. He knows what Strange Fruit means but the song is about his failed relationship and it shows how important it was to him

Off-topic, but I know some of you can help me: what's Lil Wayne's best album?

If you mean studio album Carter 2 or 3. His best work is on mixtapes, specifically Dedication 2 and Drought 3

Just listened to it straight through for the first time, after only giving it a scan through a few days ago. As a Ye fan, I put this album on the same level as 808s. A good album with a few gems, but ultimately bottom tier as far as Ye albums go. Especially after the greatness of mbdtf.

NewFresh

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I thought RAM was a disaster. There are some great moments, the production is sublime. But the overall album is a meandering/over indulgent mess.

I love that we are polar opposites on this. I could replace RAM with Yeezus and this would be exactly how I feel one this album. Especially the over indulgent mess part.

Ashhong

I'll go with Heard Em Say.

Nah. I only like it because half the time it slaps, and the lyrics are pleasantly foolish. I can see how one would hate it.

Technically not an opening track...but I'll let it slide.

It's a toss up for me between Good Morning and Dark Fantasy. I think Welcome to Heartbreak would have made a better opener than Say You Will.

Dug

Banned
Technically not an opening track...but I'll let it slide.

It's a toss up for me between Good Morning and Dark Fantasy. I think Welcome to Heartbreak would have made a better opener than Say You Will.
I think Dark Fantasy is the best.

DominoKid

Off topic, Best Kanye West Opening Track ?

No Church in the Wild or Good Morning

On Sight is definitely my favorite first listen though. Sort of a "whoa so this is where were going this time." The perfect way to start off Yeezus.

VVV Say You Will was the right song to open up on. that shit is ice cold. anywhere else in the album and its a momentum killer.

Ashhong

Heretic!!!

If I remember right, early leaks of 808s had Welcome as the opening track and I fell in love. I was shocked to find Say You Will ahead of it. It doesnt make sense to me, Welcome to Heartbreak has the title as well as the nice piano intro going for it.

Might have to go with Good Morning though. And it has a cool video to boot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
carter 1 and 2

3 is alright, 4 is garbage

i have an irrational love for his no ceilings mixtape
I have an irrational love for No Ceilings too. Some bangers on there.

I liked Carter IV. Or, some of it. Some of the best bangers of his career are on there too. Megaman, 6'7", Blunt Blowin', John.

Soler

Banned
Send it up could work very well in a club, if that doesn't concern you I can see why one wouldn't care for the track

On site was jarring to my ears at first, but has grown on me, 3/5 track
What clubs have you gone to? Lol def not what I would hear in any club around here

"I'm a raplic priest" and "I be speaking Swaghili" have to be Kanye's best worst lines ever. Even 2Chainz would get self-conscious saying some shit like that.

webkatt

Not in love with this album.

His lyrics are becoming nonsensical as he continues.

I still shutter on his verses on The Katy Perry remix

Top Bottom