• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct: Season 3 Ultra Edition Preorder Live - $39.99, 29th March

Gowans

tDwrlGd.png

The Ultimate Season 3 Bundle! Get early access to fighters! Includes 8 new fighters - including Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo, Kim Wu, and Tusk! Includes VIP Double XP Booster, 8 retro costumes, accessory sets, bonus character colors, and 18,000 KI Gold. Rash, Arbiter, Kim Wu, and Tusk available now - all other content to be released over the season.

Source: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/DLC/Killer-Instinct-Season-3-Ultra-Edition/c71b9678-12bb-4986-b202-0efeff63da19

Looking forward to this, can't find the standard edition yet.

Synth

That's a weak ass Ultra edition tbh. I'm probably still going with it though, simply because not having the retros would eat at me.

Gowans

No PC preorder yet? Bummer. =x

Isn't the xbox to the same so if you buy these you have it bought and ready on PC?
You're profile and save all carry too yeah? looking forward to flicking between the PC in my office and big TV downstairs on this.

Laws00

Cool, kinda wish they put in Battletoads and or the arcade version of battle toads from Rare Replay with it

Synth

I'm quite happy with it, actually I never touched the old KI ports other than to just mess around for a few minutes and the double XP is a huge time-saver in unlocking stuff.

I suppose in regards to monetary exchange value it's pretty decent... but I dunno, I've never purchased any boosters or KI Gold. It feels like I'm having my time sold back to me. The grind simply shouldn't be what it is imo.

8 new fighters? I thought folks were getting... agitated about it being just 3.

That was stages, not characters. Each character used to come with a unique stage of their own.

vg260

I suppose in regards to monetary exchange value it's pretty decent... but I dunno, I've never purchased any boosters or KI Gold. It feels like I'm having my time sold back to me. The grind simply shouldn't be what it is imo.

Yeah, I get that. I guess I'm coming from the idea that I was getting it regardless for the alts primarily, and everything else was bonus. I guess I was not expecting the XP levels to change at this point, so it was an unexpected time-saver. But yeah, The default level grind does suck.

Buburibon

So, is it $39.99 per season? I suppose If I wanted to buy the whole thing since the beginning on PC it'd cost me a pretty penny. Is that really the case? Thanks!

vg260

So, is it $39.99 per season? I suppose If I wanted to buy the whole thing since the beginning on PC it'd cost me a pretty penny. Is that really the case? Thanks!

The character-only bundles are $20 each, so $60 total for just those. The $20 season 3 character only pack is just not up on the store yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All in baby. Can't wait. Love KI. Season 2 was a huge shot in the arm and made it even more excellent. This looks to do the same.

Synth

You can buy the standard editions for $20 per season (and they go on sale quite often). You don't miss out on anything critical this way, just the retro outfits a few customization options, and for the first two seasons the classic Killer Instinct arcade games (which I'm assuming you won't ever be able to play on PC anyway). The standard edition should be viewed as the default price, so all three seasons would come to $60 regularly.

T.O.P

Banned
Haven't been following this after the Arbiter Trailer

What the fuck is this shit here

160b6b641d63af712335789ffe8d55cf16505bae.gif

Is it optional i hope?

vg260

It was just noted on the KI forum that the 18,000 ($40 value) KI gold is a pre-order bonus, and will drop post-launch.

Buburibon

The character-only bundles are $20 each, so $60 total for just those. The $20 season 3 character only pack is just not up on the store yet.

You can buy the standard editions for $20 per season (and they go on sale quite often). You don't miss out on anything critical this way, just the retro outfits a few customization options, and for the first two seasons the classic Killer Instinct arcade games (which I'm assuming you won't ever be able to play on PC anyway). The standard edition should be viewed as the default price, so all three seasons would come to $60 regularly.

Thanks, that sounds reasonable. :)

iHaunter

Always did like KI.

Seems like you get a TON of gold.

I usually hate pre-orders, but this seems like a fair one. Sadly no PC pre-order.

Salty Hippo

No full bundle with all Ultra Editions discounted? Pretty fucking lame if people have to shell out 120 bucks to get everything.

Arttemis

No full bundle with all Ultra Editions discounted? Pretty fucking lame if people have to shell out 120 bucks to get everything.

This is what I'm wondering, as well. As soon as there's an Xbone Slim, this was one of the few games I wanted to get, with all content.

vg260

If you have Gold, I think the season 2 ultra pack is 67% off this week, and S1 was just on GWG.

If you don't have an xbox you might not have gold, so that could be a hang-up on PC though. Not sure how that works.

Xbudz

I just bought it! Thanks for the heads up! Comes out on Sunday? [nope] ...
Missed opportunity to include another retro game with Ultra Edition though, they could have given us Battletoads for Genesis :)

The Flash

Banned
I just bought it! Thanks for the heads up! Comes out on Sunday? Awesome!
Missed opportunity to include another retro game with Ultra Edition though, they could have given us Battletoads for Genesis :)

Nope. March 29th. March 20th was a typo.

I have KI S1 from GwG and bought S2 Combo-breaker addon, does this mean I have all the S1 and S2 content now? If not what am I missing and are they important?

jfoul

I have KI S1 from GwG and bought S2 Combo-breaker addon, does this mean I have all the S1 and S2 content now? If not what am I missing and are they important?

I think you're just missing S2 ultra content (ex: retro costumes).

Pretty sure I went the same route as you. I got S1 ultra with GwG, and bought S2 combo breaker for $9.99. Kinda wish I went with S2 ultra for the retro costumes. I don't know if there is an option to buy just the retro costumes individually or not.

vg260

I think you're just missing S2 ultra content (ex: retro costumes).

Pretty sure I went the same route as you. I got S1 ultra with GWM, and bought S2 combo breaker for $9.99. Kinda wish I went with S2 ultra for the retro costumes. I don't know if there is an option to buy just the retro costumes individually or not.

Can't you just buy the S2 ultra pack that's on sale now (I think it still is). See my post above.

jfoul

Can't you just buy the S2 ultra pack that's on sale now (I think it still is). See my post above.

Yeah, I could do that. That would bring my total for S2 to $24. Will be interesting to see how they price Killer Instinct: Season 1/2/3 Complete Collection. Right now the complete collection for S1 & S2 is $59.99.

What is the KI Gold used for? Costumes and stuff, I assume? How much of that isn't included with the existing Ultra editions?

(PC gamer here, looking forward to jumping on this in a couple weeks!)

mdsfx

So if I preorder this on Xbox.com, I automatically have it for PC? Is that correct?

Asking because I do not own Xbox one

tariniel

How hard is KI to learn compared to other fighting games? I've haven't played a KI game since I was a kid and have zero memories of how it really plays.

I've played several fighters over the last few years and have an arcade stick for PC. Very interested in trying when it comes out on the Windows store later on. I mostly play Street Fighter (SF4 and 5).

Gowans

So if I preorder this on Xbox.com, I automatically have it for PC? Is that correct?

Asking because I do not own Xbox one
Yes but you'd only have season 3 content, no idea if they are doing a full s1,2&3 bundle for the PC to catch everyone up

How hard is KI to learn compared to other fighting games? I've haven't played a KI game since I was a kid and have zero memories of how it really plays.

I've played several fighters over the last few years and have an arcade stick for PC. Very interested in trying when it comes out on the Windows store later on. I mostly play Street Fighter (SF4 and 5).

I am atrocious at fighting games in general and it didn't take me that long to pick up on the basics of KI. Since you seem to have a decent amount of experience with fighters I don't think you would have much trouble at all, especially since the dojo mode is so great.

Top Bottom