• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct: Season 3 Ultra Edition Preorder Live - $39.99, 29th March

How hard is KI to learn compared to other fighting games? I've haven't played a KI game since I was a kid and have zero memories of how it really plays.

I've played several fighters over the last few years and have an arcade stick for PC. Very interested in trying when it comes out on the Windows store later on. I mostly play Street Fighter (SF4 and 5).

I'm like you. I had no interest in learning a new fighting game and I'm already pretty good at sf4.

KI is worth it :) easy to learn, but hard to master. Pick 1 or 2 characters to focus on and you'll be fine.

The Flash

Banned
What is the KI Gold used for? Costumes and stuff, I assume? How much of that isn't included with the existing Ultra editions?

(PC gamer here, looking forward to jumping on this in a couple weeks!)

You've pretty much got the right idea on both parts. I would recommend waiting to see what exactly is included as far as costumes and other stuff before making a decision.

bman94

Never knew what the KI Gold was for, do you use that to get the Retro skins or are they just unaccessible unless you got the Ultra editions?

pitchfork

Got Season 1 with GwG and just picked up S2 ultra edition for a tenner on DwG, so i'm happy to lay down some extra moolah on this

LTTP, but its a fantastic game!

Haven't been following this after the Arbiter Trailer

What the fuck is this shit here

160b6b641d63af712335789ffe8d55cf16505bae.gif

Is it optional i hope?

I believe that's the new fancy looking shadow enders that can only be done when you get your combo to ender level 4.

Oh baby. PC cross buy right? Sick price.

I was really hoping for a KI 1 PC port for Ultra Edition. Oh well, this destroys SFV in price!

stn

Will pre-order this, that gold could come in handy for unlocks. Also, fingers crossed that Tusk's retro costume is faithful to how it actually was.

The PC version pre-order can't come soon enough.
Do we have any System Specs already?
I have a feeling that I ask this in every KI Season 3 thread and that someone answers but my memory is basically a wall that's been used as target practice for every machine gun imaginable.

El Sabroso

The PC version pre-order can't come soon enough.
Do we have any System Specs already?
I have a feeling that I ask this in every KI Season 3 thread and that someone answers but my memory is basically a wall that's been used as target practice for every machine gun imaginable.

game is crossbuy, can preorder xbox one version and will carry same license to PC, just grab it from xbox app in windows 10

on march29th will be available to download, specs here: http://www.ultra-combo.com/windows10/

Goodstyle

8 fighters huh? Ok, so we know 4 of them, 2 more were leaked, Gargos is for sure one of them... I guess that's just one fighter unaccounted for. Hopefully it's Eyedol so that every KI character ever can be playable.

Will the extra gold and double XP always be part of this bundle, or is it just a pre-order bonus? I assume it's the former, but just checking. (I just started playing KI a couple of days ago so I don't know if they've done anything like that with the previous seasons.)

Bubba77

Bought. Now I hope playing SF5 and KI3 at the same time wont be too hard. With all the other games im playing WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

RM8

Okay, so if I buy this, I'll have all the content, right? Also, I'll be playing on PC, is it safe to buy it from the Xbox store? I'd hate having to buy it twice, lol.

The Flash

Banned
Okay, so if I buy this, I'll have all the content, right? Also, I'll be playing on PC, is it safe to buy it from the Xbox store? I'd hate having to buy it twice, lol.

If you buy this you will have access to the eight characters in Season 3.

The game is cross buy. Content bought on Xbox will be there on PC.

Jarlaxle

Just purchased it. I've now spent $120 on this game and don't regret a penny although I do wish there had been a deal for those of us that bought both previous ultra editions like they when season 2 came out.

immaginef2sz2.jpg

I'm clueless on why they changed it, it makes no sense

Did anyone do their research on this? This is something that LITERALLY can only happen when a round is ending, and the combo is going to kill, so it can't really "be distracting" or affect gameplay in any way. It can also only be done when you have level 4 ender.

There's literally no chance it could happen more than three times in a match, and only if a player chooses to do so.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Did anyone do their research on this? This is something that LITERALLY can only happen when a round is ending, and the combo is going to kill, so it can't really "be distracting" or affect gameplay in any way. It can also only be done when you have level 4 ender.

There's literally no chance it could happen more than three times in a match, and only if a player chooses to do so.

It still looks bad though.

vg260

Are you sure? That's not what I had gathered from the forum and from one of the commentators who was not happy about it because the match continues immediately after the visual disconnect.

For example, the round doesn't end here:
fd4cd9bd48641fc7034b7e1d37a9c8c2b6deaa95.gif

-MD-

Gonna need some sort of s1-3 bundle on PC.

Wonder how they'll price it too, I sho aint spending $60 in 2016 on a 2013 game.

CrazyHal

I'm confused. How much does the pc version cost exactly? Will we be able to buy each seasons separately or are they all bundle together?

bumpkin

Are you sure? That's not what I had gathered from the forum and from one of the commentators who was not happy about it because the match continues immediately after the visual disconnect.

For example, the round doesn't end here:
fd4cd9bd48641fc7034b7e1d37a9c8c2b6deaa95.gif
This effect needs to either go away or be something you can turn on or off at-will.

Blackage

Everything about the PC version has people asking a bunch of questions, would be nice if we could get an official word on it. :eek:

T.O.P

Banned

As an ultimate to get the match that would work

At a combo ender? hell no, butter be optional

Keits confirmed it's every level 4 ender in the OT lol

Top Bottom