• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct: Season 3 Ultra Edition Preorder Live - $39.99, 29th March

Vic_Viper

Is there a confirmed date for PC yet? If I own season 1 on XBone do I get it on PC? What about my shadow Jaga? I sold my xbox a year ago, really miss KI and can't wait to play with a stick.

Is there a confirmed date for PC yet? If I own season 1 on XBone do I get it on PC? What about my shadow Jaga? I sold my xbox a year ago, really miss KI and can't wait to play with a stick.

Launches the same date as the XB1 version, March 29th.

All content will transfer but your save data will not transfer unless you log on to the game on an XB1 first after the season 3 update drops. So while all your content will be there, you'll essentially be back to square one in terms of unlocks, fights titles, etc.

The Flash

Banned
Haven't been following this after the Arbiter Trailer

What the fuck is this shit here

160b6b641d63af712335789ffe8d55cf16505bae.gif

Is it optional i hope?

That is the most awful thing i've seen happening to the game since launch tbh

immaginef2sz2.jpg

I'm clueless on why they changed it, it makes no sense

Cross post

Hey everyone,

Wow, lots of stuff to cover here!

The Ender Camera System you saw on the stream is basically the shiny, new system launching with Season 3.

Those of you who have known us for awhile also know that we listen and make adjustments to community feedback, especially stuff posted on these forums. We did a bunch of that in Season 2 and we'll do more in Season 3. Usually we wait until a feature ships to make improvements or adjustments to it, since the impression someone gets from seeing something vs playing it can be completely different things. But in this case, we've decided to go ahead and announce that our first community feature will be the ability to toggle Ender Cameras On or Off in Content Update 3.1!

Hopefully this alleviates your concerns while you wait to get your hands on Season 3!

Best,

Kraig

Wow, love that IG is so good at being on top of things the community likes or dislikes and implements fixes/features in such a quick manner. Keep up the amazing work IG!

W.S.

As much as I love KI, it's a bit more than I'm willing to pay at the moment.

I got the "complete collection" for $58 on top of the $20 Shadow Jago so if I got this it would be pushing it above $100. Ultimately it's probably going to come down to waiting for a sale on this one which is really tough for me considering how much I've been looking forward to Season 3 but the pricing just doesn't work in my particular favor.

As much as I love KI, it's a bit more than I'm willing to pay at the moment.

I got the "complete collection" for $58 on top of the $20 Shadow Jago so if I got this it would be pushing it above $100. Ultimately it's probably going to come down to waiting for a sale on this one which is really tough for me considering how much I've been looking forward to Season 3 but the pricing just doesn't work in my particular favor.
I'm pretty sure they'll use the same pricing system as before. By that I mean they will sell a combo beaker pack of the 8 characters (no accessories, retro costumes etc) just the characters for $20. Or a single character for $5 each. I play Sabrewulf only, but I still bought the ultras because I really like the game.

Value wise, I guess I would have been fine just spending $5 on Wulf

garyizraw

Banned
Iron Galaxy has release a statement on the forums saying that when update comes out they will have the ability to turn the ender camera off or on at your will based on community feedback.

Iron Galaxy has release a statement on the forums saying that when update comes out they will have the ability to turn the ender camera off or on at your will based on community feedback.

Thank god! I love how they listen to fan feedback and act quickly to keep us happy. IG are awesome!

shandy706

So, I may be way late on this..haha, but did anyone else notice that Season 2 Ultra edition is $13 instead of $40 right now?

So, I may be way late on this..haha, but did anyone else notice that Season 2 Ultra edition is $13 instead of $40 right now?

I came in to say this. I figured it would go on sale before Season 3 so I got Season 2 on Tuesday and am over the moon that I've finally settled on a main - Riptor :D

Honestly, if this PC version is good then I will upgrade to W10 and get this game just to support them. I mean seriously, the difference between IG's communication with their fans and that of companies like Capcom is just staggering.

NEO0MJ

I wonder how much it will cost to get all three seasons at once on PC. Eagerly awaiting benchmarks. The FTP version should be available on PC as well, right?

So, is it $39.99 per season? I suppose If I wanted to buy the whole thing since the beginning on PC it'd cost me a pretty penny. Is that really the case? Thanks!

this edition just comes with additional cosmetics and such. for the characters only its $20 per season.

also if you are just trying it out then you can play the free version and buy characters that you really want for $5 each. However once you buy $20 worth from a particular season you will have purchased that season. So if you buy 4 characters from season 1 the rest of that season will unlock.

so i assume if i buy this "ultra" version, this will have everything? i don't wanna preorder this and then find out about another edition that has more stuff

so i assume if i buy this "ultra" version, this will have everything? i don't wanna preorder this and then find out about another edition that has more stuff

This is indeed the case. The $40 Ultra Edition is your "everything" version, everything from Season 3 that is. If you just want the Season 3 characters, there should be a $20 Combo Breaker edition. I know the press release didn't mention a $20 version, but it should be there on launch at least.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
Just preordered this! Get hype! Can't wait for Kim Wu and Tusk so we'll finally have all the old (non-boss) characters back together.

Will there be a version that has all the characters from every season?

A season 1+2+3 bundle?

Maybe down the line. I'm guessing there won't be one on launch. Right now there's a $60 bundle for both Season 1 and Season 2 Ultra Editions. There probably will be a bundle for every ultra edition, maybe on launch or down the line; I'm guessing down the line.

Will there be a version that has all the characters from every season?

A season 1+2+3 bundle?

I've made a huge mistake...

The Ultra Edition for PC doesn't include all characters from previous seasons? How does one even GET season 1&2 for PC.

$100 expected on Xbox to do so?

I guess the thing that mostly annoys me is that Shadow Jago isn't included in any of the bundles and this character was a limited time purchase. I'm not sure when he'll be available for purchase again.

Y0j1mb0

Thank you for the heads up friend. I just bought it, now I'll wait for the standard 20 bucks edition of Season 3 and I'm good. :)

Moofers

What's the best way to buy this on Xbox One now? I just ordered one and should have it Thursday, and KI has been on my list since they first announced it. Looking through this thread though, I'm a bit confused:

Season 1&2 are $60 on the store right now as a bundle.
Season 3 will be another $40?

But Season 2 is on sale for $13 right now?
I know there is a disc with season 1 on it that you can find for like $18 or so, but if I bought that, would I always need to have the disc in the system in order to play? What if I bought season 2 digitally? Do I lose my season 1 characters any time I boot without the disc?

Such a confusing setup. I imagine the online community is pretty splintered with all the ala cart options. Bummer. :( The game is awesome and deserves to be treated like it.

sensui-tomo

What's the best way to buy this on Xbox One now? I just ordered one and should have it Thursday, and KI has been on my list since they first announced it. Looking through this thread though, I'm a bit confused:

I know there is a disc with season 1 on it that you can find for like $18 or so, but if I bought that, would I always need to have the disc in the system in order to play? What if I bought season 2 digitally? Do I lose my season 1 characters any time I boot without the disc?

Such a confusing setup. I imagine the online community is pretty splintered with all the ala cart options. Bummer. :( The game is awesome and deserves to be treated like it.

get that season 2 at that price (its the lowest the $40 bundle has ever been and you get KI2 (the old one) too, You'll always need the disk if you want to use the S1 characters or you could just buy the combo pack online for $20 ($40 is if you want some alt stuff) you can wait on release day to get the $20 version of season 3 so you only get the characters.

garyizraw

Banned

Each season comes as stand alone content, so basically you pick the seasons or pieces you want and just stack them. Me personally i just buy the combo breaker packs. 20 dollars each, all equal 60 together.

daman824

Each "season" has a standard and an ultra edition. Think of it as a base and special edition. The basic edition for each season comes with all the characters and stages included in that season and it's $20 per season.

The ultra edition of each season costs $40 and comes with everything in the basic edition plus a retro costume for each character and a few extra things (season one included a download for ki1/season 2 included a download for ki2).

JaggedSac

There is no splintering. You can play against players using characters you don't own.

Moofers

Thank you for all the answers, everyone. Looks like I'll be buying 3 combo breaker packs then. Can you purchase extra costumes separately, or do they only come with the ultra editions?

Also, I'm very relieved to know the community isn't splintered at all! That's AWESOME. Can't wait for my Xbone to arrive so I can start playing this.

Top Bottom