• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Press Preview | New Footage

GeoramA

This and Resogun are the launch games that excite me the most. Because like Ryan said, I'm sick of the M-rated shit we've seen a million times before.

isual

seriously thinking of cancelling my amazon knack for the kz bundle instead.....

even though it's 50 bucks more expensive. Or if someone wants to trade my knack launch copy for killzone sf

Oh, there's definitely some platforming. The Gamescom demo had a whole section that was loaded with it (conveyor belts, spikes, and lots of jumping). It definitely isn't the primary focus, however.

That's good to know. I still find it very hard to justify spending $60 on this, maybe once the price goes down (or it gets added to PS+)

Afrodium

Banned
That voice...

I have a feeling that the disappearing corpses is a design decision. The game is intended for a younger audience and leaving the corpses on the ground would make the game a lot darker. After a big battle the game would look like Hotline Miami.

blackflag

I have this preordered but I think I'm gonna cancel. It'll probably be free on psplus and it just doesn't look that exciting.

sono

I enjoyed watching that IGN vid in 1080p, this game is definitely looking more impressive each time.

UNCMark

Banned
thanks. well, amazon had both kz and bf4 bundles up again 2 days ago, so I preorderd the killzone one because bf4 will be 29.99 at gamestop come black friday.

ps plus's will be 30 usd as well

That's the day I'm going to feel stupid for buying 3 years of PS+ for 40 dollars a month last week. In my defense I had PS4 fever.

isual

That's the day I'm going to feel stupid for buying 3 years of PS+ for 40 dollars a month last week. In my defense I had PS4 fever.

there's a lot of good games on sale.

xillia, dragons crown, ff14.

i'm not sure, but do they tax ps plus ? I'm thinking of buying 2-3. 2 definitely. if it is taxed, I need to budget my money accordingly then.

Raven77

I'm optimistically waiting for reviews on this. Please be a "9+" game. I so, so want this to surprise people with its greatness.

Frillen

Cool I didn't know you already beat the game.

Hell I didnt know it was out.

Pretty sure I've seen zero footage of old fashioned platforming gameplay, and I've seen over 10 different videos of Knack since the February reveal. Knack is, for the most part, a beat-em up, which in no ways is a bad thing. I was just making a comment regarding old fashioned platforming.

kinda like how freezamite watched a 5-min video and deduced it as beat-em-up?

ign person says it's an action-platformer.
kinda like how freezamite watched a 5-min video and deduced it as beat-em-up?

ign person says it's an action-platformer.
Yes, and in that 5 minute video of gameplay I haven't seen a single section of platforming.
On that 5 minute video and on every single video or trailer that I've ever seen.

If this game tries to be a platforming game, then it may be one of the worst ever made.

Oh, there's definitely some platforming. The Gamescom demo had a whole section that was loaded with it (conveyor belts, spikes, and lots of jumping). It definitely isn't the primary focus, however.
Ups. I missed that completely. But a platformer is a game whose primary objective is to jump, and well... at this point, this game is as much a platfomer game as the Super Smash Bros Brawl story mode.
Even the jumps physics is not suited for a quality platforming experience (like in SSBB, by the way).

Wasp

Co-op looks pretty fun.

But one thing I dislike is how the camera only follows player 1. Player 2 might as well not exist as far as the camera is concerned. That seems pretty lazy.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Lots more ram brings with it higher expectations I guess.
I really don't think that's it (or should be, at least), since we've had RAM to spare for the games that wanted to use it for semi-persistent corpses for at least the last two generations of hardware. Arguably many of the most visually impressive games of the past few generations did it (FPSes), so it already hasn't been a matter of sacrificing visuals for corpses for quite awhile now.

anddo0

Game is already pre-ordered. I don't care much for reviews (it'll be around 7 is my guess). It looks solid for a launch title. So I'm in.

Knack has to be up there with the worst character designs ever.

cartoon.jpg

Nothing will ever quite top this steaming pile for that title. Ever.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That voice...

I have a feeling that the disappearing corpses is a design decision. The game is intended for a younger audience and leaving the corpses on the ground would make the game a lot darker. After a big battle the game would look like Hotline Miami.

They should make them shoot right off the screen like in Crash Bandicoot!

In any case, if they're going to magic away the bodies, I think they could choose a better effect. The quick fadeout is so unremarkable that it becomes jarring next to the rest of the game.

cartoon.jpg

Nothing will ever quite top this steaming pile for that title. Ever.

Bubsy is love.
Bubsy is life.

Vire

Looks pretty bad in terms of gameplay/art design.

Oh well... if there's a demo I'll check it out.

Vidpixel

That co-op mode sure is tempting me to purchase this game. Plus, I would really prefer to pick up at least one game that isn't a shooter of some sort.

Amused

Looks good, will play it with my girlfriend.

In this house this game will be to the PS4 what Kameo once was to the 360.

Possum

Looks good, will play it with my girlfriend.

In this house this game will be to the PS4 what Kameo once was to the 360.

This is actually a really good comparison. So Killzone Shadow Fall is Perfect Dark Zero and DRIVECLUB would have been Project Gotham Racing 3.

Hah.

NoPiece

I played it at the Sony Store, and while it looked good, it was pretty much a bore. I'd pick it up for $19.99, but no way is this a $59.99 game.

Top Bottom