• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft posts election forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

https://blogs.bing.com/search/2016/01/26/bing-elections-2016-who-will-win-iowa-and-new-hampshire/

This is vote share, not probability. Their forecast will be updated live.

IOWA

DEMOCRATS
Hillary Clinton 50.1%
Bernie Sanders 46.8%
Martin O’Malley 3.1%

REPUBLICANS
Donald Trump 39.8%
Ted Cruz 30.5%
Marco Rubio 12.9%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

DEMOCRATS
Bernie Sanders 58.4%
Hillary Clinton 40.5%
Martin O’Malley 1.1%

REPUBLICANS
Donald Trump 40.2%
Ted Cruz 13.1%
Marco Rubio 12.6%
John Kasich 11.9%

SOUTH CAROLINA

DEMOCRATS
Hillary Clinton 63.5%
Bernie Sanders 36.4%
Martin O’Malley 0.1%

REPUBLICANS
Donald Trump 44.3%
Ted Cruz 22.6%
Marco Rubio 14.7%

NEVADA

DEMOCRATS
Hillary Clinton 91.2%
Bernie Sanders 8.7%
Martin O’Malley 0.1%

REPUBLICANS
Donald Trump 39.6%
Ted Cruz 20.8%
Ben Carson 18.4%
Marco Rubio 12.4%
They should have a good handle on this since they're counting the votes. :U

Only New Hampshire forcasted to feel the Bern.

Also wasn't expecting Trump to absolutely dominate.

sass2.png

Well, shit, now that I know the ending is there any point in following the new episodes? Might as well just skip the dueling Trump/RNC events, ffs.

SPOILERS, ASSHOLES!

Interesting that they have Rubio performing worst in Nevada. I was under the impression that that should be one of his stronger states.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that they have Rubio performing worst in Nevada. I was under the impression that that should be one of his stronger states.

Because their Nevada estimates are absolutely terrible and accord with essentially none of the state polling we've seen. I'm assuming because state polling from Nevada is so infrequent that the majority of their result there is determined by search results or something.

dankir

looking forward to seeing Clinton mop the floor with Trump this year

I definitely think it'll be Trump Vs. Clinton during the election. I don't think it'll be an easy win for her.

I really think it'll come to George Bush vs. Al Gore in Florida numbers and recounts.

Because their Nevada estimates are absolutely terrible and accord with essentially none of the state polling we've seen. I'm assuming because state polling from Nevada is so infrequent that the majority of their result there is determined by search results or something.

Ah, makes sense. I think they probably should have waited to release those numbers. Still a ways to go until Nevada votes.

KevinG

2016. The year we have to choose between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump for President of the United States.

I don't like 2016.

Tobor

GAF is going to be insufferable over the next few days because of comments like this.

I'll expand. He's too far left. It was never gonna happen in my humble opinion.

I'm glad he ran as his views need exposure, but we need to win to win the general, and that means Hillary.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Not only that, but they're basing their data on tech users, who one would assume are the demographic most likely to support Burning Sandals.

uhh, you and i must hang around different "tech people"
most of the ones i know are at least mildly conservative. Others are die hard Trump or Cruz supporters.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
2016. The year we have to choose between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump for President of the United States.

I don't like 2016.

The decision then becomes easy. One will change how things work, one will keep everything the same.

May be an uncomfortable vote for some. But I can see a lot of disenfranchised democrats going to the Trump camp.

Pastry

Banned
So it's basically the default choice? I'm not American, so my impressions of the election are probably too skewed by the Internet in general. And Sanders seems like a huge deal on the Internet.

She has a long history of appealing to minorities and championing their causes (with a stumble or two in there). Additionally, she is seen as the safe choice and minorities would rather not take risks on elected officials when so much is at stake for them.

dramatis

The decision then becomes easy. One will change how things work, one will keep everything the same.

May be an uncomfortable vote for some. But I can see a lot of disenfranchised democrats going to the Trump camp.
Go back to bed, Puppy

Your daughter would be ashamed of you for voting Trump

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Go back to bed, Puppy

Your daughter would be ashamed of you for voting Trump

Trump only gets my vote if Hillary is at the helm for the Democrats.

Maybe I should just bring the kiddo to the voting booth and let her smack which one she likes!

Disenfranchised democrats or the ex-libertarians who left the right to come to Sanders?

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B? I just know there will definitely be some that do switch.
Not sure if it would be a statistically significant number though.

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B? I just know there will definitely be some that do switch.
Not sure if it would be a statistically significant number though.

Well you originally said a lot, which implies something statistically significant. I'm sure there's at least one or two trite fools that will vote for Trump just because they hate Hillary though.

Tobor

This makes zero sense and is a purely emotional response. It's embarrassing in fact.

That people makes decisions like this using emotion rather than logic and reason is the fundamental flaw in the process. It's why a true democracy can never work.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This makes zero sense and is a purely emotional response. It's embarrassing in fact.

Not purely emotional at all.
Just want the establishment politics to be changed.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a multi page derail like the last time I defended my opinions...

Well you originally said a lot, which implies something statistically significant. I'm sure there's at least one or two trite fools that will vote for Trump just because they hate Hillary though.

I revised a lot to statistically significant because I realized I was sensationalizing it a bit. Really don't know if there would be that many so I shouldn't assume.
Voting for anybody out of hate for another would be ridiculously and I would never advocate that. I'm talking about people disenfranchised with establishment politics who realize only 2 candidates are willing to fight against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom