• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

I just can't see the Cavs winning it this year, specifically because the other team now has KD + last year's roster.

James is gonna have to work some miracles this series.

Gorillaz

Lebrons going to be on Durant for the entire series to the point he might as well just start showing up everywhere durant is at off the court

Anth0ny

Bold predictions:

-this is going 7 games

-lebron is dropping 60 in one game

god damn I haven't been this hype for a finals in a long time. just two fucking juggernauts going at it.

I just can't see the Cavs winning it this year, specifically because the other team now has KD + last year's roster.

James is gonna have to work some miracles this series.

I'm taking the Warriors too but pretty much everyone said the same thing last year too :p

if anyone can work miracles, it's lebron.

Get outta here with that SSJ neckbeard. Slim Reaper coming for 'em.

giphy.gif

Talk about stealing souls right there.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/5/...s-any-nba-team-2k-simulation?__prclt=BvwtB29j
Thunder
Record: 63-19

Improvement: +16

Playoffs: Beat Raptors in the finals in five

Reaction: This is the strangest simulation. First, Oklahoma City was really absurdly good, tying Chicago for the second-highest regular season record achieved by this simulation. Second, Russell Westbrook averaged a triple-double. Third, James also averaged 10-plus assists, his highest of any simulation, with a final line of 23 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 10.5 assists.

We can’t tell you how the Thunder possibly could have one player average a triple-double and the other one come with 0.5 rebounds of it, but we swear to you it happened. We’re still shook.

Warriors
Record: 68-14

Improvement: +1

Playoffs: LOST to Raptors in finals in seven

Reaction: From an early age, my parents taught me the dangers of gluttony. Yours might have done the same thing. If you overeat, even if the food’s really good, you might feel bad. It’s the only explanation I have for this.

We took Ian Clark, replaced him with James, and simultaneously made perhaps the best team we’ve ever seen better while removing its greatest challenger. The Warriors were so good, they brought Kevin Durant off the bench!

And they lost in the finals to Toronto.

Trey

Actually taking LeBron off Durant is sort of smart: encourages the offense to flow through him instead of Curry. Then you have LeBron off ball help with drives and rebounds unless the warriors run high pick and rolls with Draymond.

Not a bad plan, although I think ultimately LeBron will guard Durant when it counts most.

Ashhong

Saw an electronic billboard advertising this last night. Looks like they had the winners ready to go lol. Can't wait! God I hope it's a good series

mxgt

Banned
Listen, I'm just hoping the Cavs put up a fight.

I really don't understand why people don't think this will be a close series.

It's not like GSW have even had a slight challenge in the playoffs aside from one half before SA's star player got injured.

Had Max Barnes hit any of those wide ass open shots in game 5-7 the Warriors would have won
You replaced Barnes with KD
Welp

Jazz were like a Cavs lite tbh
Kanter is a shitty Thompson
ISO Joe x 🐐 Hayward are a garbage LeBron
Diaw > Love
Kyrie can't be replicated on that team

Jazz world order

I want the Cavs to win. I don't care how many games. I'm not even a big sports guy but my old man is a die hard Cleveland sports fan and it would mean a lot to him to see them win another championship.

Dynomutt

Get outta here with that SSJ neckbeard. Slim Reaper coming for 'em.

giphy.gif

Maybe the Cavs got the Deathly Hallows?

LeBron: Unbeatable Wand - Ok alright not unbeatable but damn near indestructible.
Love: Philosophers Stone - Just about came back to life this past series shooting lights out.
Kyrie: Invisibility Cloak - Quick with it Uncle Drew. Now you see him now you don't.

Some of you casually saying Cavs in 7 don't seem to understand how difficult it is to win game 7s on the road and how few times it happens. Cavs doing it twice would be a very low-probability event.

I really don't understand why people don't think this will be a close series.

It's not like GSW have even had a slight challenge in the playoffs aside from one half before SA's star player got injured.

They get challenged by elite defensive teams, the Cavs are a middling defensive team.

Aziz @agent_7s
·
16m

Replying to @JonesOnTheNBA
LBJ will be on Iggy or Dray and play floater daring those two to make 3s. Same plan as they had against Harrison Barnes

Beres Griffiths @beresg
·
40m

They play 8 quarters of basketball so far this season and Cleveland only won one quarter.

Dynomutt

Some of you casually saying Cavs in 7 don't seem to understand how difficult it is to win game 7s on the road and how few times it happens. Cavs doing it twice would be a very low-probability event.

They get challenged by elite defensive teams, the Cavs are a middling defensive team.

5108165_orig.jpg

baklava-2-550.jpg

Cav's did beat them this year and held them to 30% shooting. Cav's should look at how San Antonio played in the start game 1. Boards, defense, fast breaks. If Tristan does his thing inside and Korver/JR get hot any thing is possible with the big 3 putting in work.

Aziz @agent_7s
·
16m

LBJ will be on Iggy or Dray and play floater daring those two to make 3s. Same plan as they had against Harrison Barnes

Beres Griffiths @beresg
·
40m

They play 8 quarters of basketball so far this season and Cleveland only won one quarter.

Can't wait to see Love, Irving, and JR Smith try and defend Durant, Curry, and Klay.

5108165_orig.jpg

baklava-2-550.jpg

Cav's did beat them this year and held them to 30% shooting.

They were up double digits in the 4th and were dominating the entire game...they basically screwed themselves in the 4th quarter.

Had Max Barnes hit any of those wide ass open shots in game 5-7 the Warriors would have won
You replaced Barnes with KD
Welp

Jazz were like a Cavs lite tbh
Kanter is a shitty Thompson
ISO Joe x 🐐 Hayward are a garbage LeBron
Diaw > Love
Kyrie can't be replicated on that team

Jazz world order

Kanter... Jazz??? Bruh.

If you actually meant Gober.. saying he's a shitty Thompson might be even more wrong.

Gorillaz

NBA hot takes are by far the worst of any sports thread on GAF.
NBA hottakes are skip bayless level this time of the year

People who got into basketball during the heatles or recent warriors run for the first time talking bout basketball like they were watching since stockon played is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom