• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the King gets swept..he is gonna take Melo and together they take their talents to the Los Angeles Clippers just to get swept by the Warriors next year in the first round.

You just made me realize something. If by any chance Cleveland loses, I'm calling it now. Carmelo Anthony will be a Cavalier through a trade because Phil Jackson really likes LeBron and the next year after that Wade will also join the Cavs when his contract in up from the Bulls.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Jr. Smith will come off the bench. I know it's crazy talk but it can happen.

You just made me realize something. If by any chance Cleveland loses, I'm calling it now. Carmelo Anthony will be a Cavalier through a trade because Phil Jackson really like LeBron and the next year after that Wade will also join the Cavs when his contract in up from the Bulls.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Jr. Smith will come off the bench. I know it's crazy talk it can happen.
That's an old ass fucking lineup

The corpses of Wade and Melo going against GSW? Lol

Trey

You just made me realize something. If by any chance Cleveland loses, I'm calling it now. Carmelo Anthony will be a Cavalier through a trade because Phil Jackson really likes LeBron and the next year after that Wade will also join the Cavs when his contract in up from the Bulls.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Wade ain't starting for anyone in two seasons. Same for Melo.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Where's the defense gonna come from?

Fjordson

I really do wonder who Lue is gonna put on KD. Lebron disrupted GS last year guarding Draymond and roaming on defense, but KD obliterated Cleveland this year (highest net rating against them out of any player in the postseason). Not sure anyone other than Lebron can slow him down.

mjp2417

Banned
I really do wonder who Lue is gonna put on KD. Lebron disrupted GS last year guarding Draymond and roaming on defense, but KD obliterated Cleveland this year (highest net rating against them out of any player in the postseason). Not sure anyone other than Lebron can slow him down.

Jefferson guarded him some in the regular season. That probably isn't a great strategy for the Finals. The only other guy on the roster who can match up with him physically/athletically is Derrick Williams, who could be a wild card in this series if Lue gives him any playing time.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm not sure how the Cavs or Warriors are going to have any one guy guarding any one guy. Both teams run offensive sets that force you to switch, and they're going to take advantage of those matchups when they get the switches they want. The key for both teams is going to be getting help defensively when they get those matchups, and the key for the offense is going to be finding that open man when the help comes.

TTG

I'll be watching for that. My guess is they try Love and if he's destroying him early it's on to Lebron.

When was the last time two superstars of this caliber went 1 on 1 for long stretches in the finals? It was too early for Kawhi last go around I think. Even with both teams switching, we are going to see a lot of that match up on both ends. Of course GSW could park Draymond and even Klay on Lebron at times, we'll see.

Never Forget
k2f73v5.png

SNq07.gif

Such a hater.

J2 Cool

If Warriors sweep, in any kind of dominating fashion, we all have to ask "where do we go from here?"

Some part of me can see a sweep. Maybe 5 games.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Warriors in 5 unless they allow illegal bear mauling off the ball (que clip of lebron blatantly fouling curry about 5 times in a 3 second stretch on an out of bounds play). If they use alternate rules, who knows.

Umbooki

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Wade is my favorite player, but if we're going off of 35 year old Wade's play, 37 year old Wade will be a sad sight. No defense and his first step is fucked. I love the man, but he's a shell of his former self. Gabby been siphoning Wade's youth or something.

That team would've been awesome 3 years ago.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

I bet if Bosh is cleared medically Lebron will recruit him as well

Calling it now. Lebron wins this year and threepeats next year and retires on 5 with a threepeat for the Cavs

calling it now: Lebron wins the next 4 championships, retiring with more rings than Jordan.

On the day he retires, he reveals he is actually an alien and takes his haters as prisoners.

I'm not sure how the Cavs or Warriors are going to have any one guy guarding any one guy. Both teams run offensive sets that force you to switch, and they're going to take advantage of those matchups when they get the switches they want. The key for both teams is going to be getting help defensively when they get those matchups, and the key for the offense is going to be finding that open man when the help comes.

Yeah it will be interesting defensively because the Cavs are shooting at a legendary clip from downtown and the team is filled with guys who can score like crazy. The Warriors run a motion heavy offense with a lot of backdoor cutting and the Cavs rotate poorly, they left a LOT of open shots that Boston just flat out bricked. The Cavs need to be MUCH better on that end.

bionic77

KD really did a great job on Bron in the game in GS. Like an almost a Kawhi job of slowing him down.

Is that an aberration/bad game from James or is that going to be a thing for the whole series? I would tend to think it was an aberration but you also don't see people blocking LeBron like that very often and if you take away the inside for him I don't think he has a second move.

It is such a huge freakin upgrade to go from Barnes to KD.

Hope LeBron can find a way to make this a series. Don't care who wins but kind of want to see Draymond get it. Was not a fan of his BS until the day he shat on Paul Pierce. After that my dark Laker heart told me this was a good dude.

bionic77

Cavs fan, but I can't see them even winning a game in this series. Warriors in 4.
They can definitely out score the Warriors if they get hot.

It's the Cavs defense that has me worried.

But we don't have much longer to wait.

I don't see a sweep but if that did happen does LeBron bolt to the Spurs or some other team or go down with the ship and hope to get better next year?

overcast

He ain't retiring. He's gonna be cashing $35 million checks til he's 40. He and CP3 fought for that old man Max in the CBA for a reason.
I don't see Lebron lasting until he's 40. Maybe like 36-37. I just can't imagine him keeping up this quality of play. This year was one of his best already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom