• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cleveland tries that, the Warriors will respond with a small ball lineup. Which would give them the option to keep a 7- footer in the game in Durant. Plus, Cleveland's shooters aren't very good on defense.

Deron Williams, Kyrie, and Frye aren't, but Korver, Shumpert (shooter?), JR, and Love are good to great on D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You just made me realize something. If by any chance Cleveland loses, I'm calling it now. Carmelo Anthony will be a Cavalier through a trade because Phil Jackson really likes LeBron and the next year after that Wade will also join the Cavs when his contract in up from the Bulls.

Starting 5:
Irving
Wade
Melo
James
Thompson

Jr. Smith will come off the bench. I know it's crazy talk but it can happen.

The warriors would roast this lineup

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Deron Williams, Kyrie, and Frye aren't, but Korver, Shumpert (shooter?), JR, and Love are good to great on D

Korver-Hall-of-Fame.jpg

For all the hardcore nba fans out there what is worse for the league? A warriors sweep? Or a cavs sweep? If the super team gets swept by Lebron, how do you compete with a guy who's continues to make a case he's the best ever. If the cavs get swept does the league turn into nothing but bigger and bigger super teams?

For all the hardcore nba fans out there what is worse for the league? A warriors sweep? Or a cavs sweep? If the super team gets swept by Lebron, how do you compete with a guy who's continues to make a case he's the best ever. If the cavs get swept does the league turn into nothing but bigger and bigger super teams?

Super teams are good for the league.

mjp2417

Banned
People who think Kyle Korver and Kevin Love are good to great defenders are the kind of people I imagine consume all their NBA from twitter clips.
Korver is, at best, mediocre. But Love has been a legitimately solid defender in the playoffs the last two years. Both advanced stats and simple eye test suggest as much.

They can definitely out score the Warriors if they get hot.

It's the Cavs defense that has me worried.

But we don't have much longer to wait.

I don't see a sweep but if that did happen does LeBron bolt to the Spurs or some other team or go down with the ship and hope to get better next year?

I don't see Lebron leaving the comfort of the East, as the East still goes through him.
and assuming he got swept this year, he would probably make another run w/ a retooled Cavs team adding 1 more piece. If he lost to the Dubs (or some other West team)... them maybe he jumps ship, but it will be to somewhere in the East, not that I think he'll leave the Cavs again, unless he can take certain people w/ him.

Abounder

Banned

Warriors sweep would be worse simply because LeBron is on the wrong side of 30 & father time is undefeated. Other teams will try to make their own super rosters but timing is too late

They drafted 3 of them and arguably none of them were predicted to be as good as they've been

Steph was the only one some people thought would be special and he still slipped in that draft iirc. Also I know everyone here loves hot takes and skip bayless and he's the only guy who said steph was a first overall quality draft pick better then blake griffin (who's laughing now I guess?). It'd be like saying it wasn't fair the cowboys (gag) got zeke and dak last year when nobody expected dak to be what he was hence him falling to the 4th round.

I don't see Lebron lasting until he's 40. Maybe like 36-37. I just can't imagine him keeping up this quality of play. This year was one of his best already.

As obsessed as he is about passing MJ, dude is also gonna drag himself to KAJ's scoring record. Also, he is durable af.

If there was anyone I can see making it to age 40, it would be LBJ and as my post history will tell you, I am no LBJ fan.

Yes, Kevin Love is a good to great defender...

And Kyle Korver too. Do me a favor and google Kyle Korver defense and see what the top articles are on his defensive prowess.

I've been watching the games this posy-season. They're both defenders that typically know where they need to be, and when to be there, and both are good at securing rebounds (Love is actually great at it, in that he has a really solid understanding of where the ball is going and how he needs to position himself for the rebound)

As for JR
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/j-r-smiths-defense-is-upside-down/

It varies.

CyQc4n2_d.jpg

I'm gonna trust this dude about basketball more than you. Love is a decent to good help defender, eh on man to man, and great at rebounding.
If the Cavs lose, Bam Bam still has to wake up to the same life he had the day before (which is being the joke of the NBA community thread).

I think the Warriors win in 5. They have the potential to sweep, but I think the Cavs steal one.
Even Hitta had his moment of being right. Bam Bam can't claim that

cdyhybrid

Steph was the only one some people thought would be special and he still slipped in that draft iirc. Also I know everyone here loves hot takes and skip bayless and he's the only guy who said steph was a first overall quality draft pick better then blake griffin (who's laughing now I guess?). It'd be like saying it wasn't fair the cowboys (gag) got zeke and dak last year when nobody expected dak to be what he was hence him falling to the 4th round.

It was pretty fair. Dak played like a 4th rounder when the games mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom