• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Berserk anime (Update: Second movie in Japan - Jun 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
crazygambit said:
Hopefully that's only temporary (in the manga, in RL we'll probabaly have to wait another 10 years) since apparently she could be cured at Elfheim. Even if it's something she may not really want, so I'll fall to Guts to make that difficult decision.

Oh crap, sorry for the DP, I thought this was moving faster.
I never got that. Wouldn't her mind force her to forget everything all over again after being restored?

Hmm... not crazy about CG Zodd, and I miss the designs from the original anime, but the rest looks pretty amazing.

God I hope Hirasawa is doing the soundtrack. Fuck Gackt.

Jex

duckroll said:
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

High quality version of the third ad is up.
Strange thing to show in an OP, we got *censored* Caska and Behelits. That puts us at a point in the time-line I guess, but it's hardly very exciting.

Is this censored just for the trailers? Or for the whole work, I wonder?
crazygambit said:
I thought that too at first, but then checked some of the youtube links to the original zodd and it looked pretty atrocious by today's standards. This is miles better IMO.
Hmm? There's quite a few sill shots in the original fight, but the animation that is present is fairly average. It still feels pretty atmospheric.

I can't make out enough from that tiny clip to make any kind of judgement regarding the new scene.

J2 Cool

I noticed no blood in the Zodd clip, or any of them, plus covered up nudity for Casca. Wonder if they'll pull the reigns back on what was one of the bloodiest animes ever.

duckroll

Tonight's 4th commercial for the Berserk Project is going to be a "compilation version" of the 3 ads which have screened so far. It will also feature a different voice over by Gackt, and the twitter account says to pay careful attention to the meaning of the words in the voice over.

Could this be the official announcement?

duckroll

In 2 hours or so, Mayob Radio will air on FujiTV. Sometime during this one hour program, the final TV ad for this Berserk project will air.

Dahbomb

Man I have so many different emotions regarding this project.

I MEAN IT'S A FUCKING BERSERK ANIME GUYS!!!

But then I come down to earth and realize a few things:

*A lot has changed since the last Berserk and I have a feeling that it might not be pushing the envelope of violence/sexuality that much. I hope I am wrong.

*Another unfinished ending in-coming. This will obviously go much further than the previous anime but still it will either stop cold (like the previous anime) or have an anime "original" ending that will most likely be not that good (hey there can always be a FMA style ending which is actually... good).

*Is this TV or OVA? I hope it's OVA but I also hope it's not so insanely spaced as the Hellsing OVAs (the 8 episode has been MIA for like 8 months now!) . But that could almost turn into a good thing as by the time they catch up with the manga it may have reached a point where a conclusion is likely. I really hope it's OVA as that would assuage some of my concerns in point#1.

And those 15 sec ads aren't getting me HYPED UP! Give me at least a 3 minute epic trailer with dialogue and story stuff. I want to hear some actual voice acting. I know everyone here knows the story but still... IT'S FUCKING BERSERK GUYS!

duckroll

Hellsing OVA Vol8 isn't going to come out this year. It might not come out at all! :lol

Berserk is probably a movie. At least, I see no reason why anything which is not going to be screened theatrically would have an aspect ratio of 2.35:1.

LaneDS

duckroll said:
Hellsing OVA Vol8 isn't going to come out this year. It might not come out at all! :lol

Berserk is probably a movie. At least, I see no reason why anything which is not going to be screened theatrically would have an aspect ratio of 2.35:1.

Do the Hellsing OVAs perform badly?

duckroll

Hmmm, that's pretty disappointing. The ad was basically recycled footage of the previous 3 ads as stated by the twitter, although I think there's one short new sequence in the middle. Couldn't really tell. The voice over said something like "now a brand new history begins". Still no announcement on what the project is. The cocktease continues.

rvy

Banned
duckroll said:
Hmmm, that's pretty disappointing. The ad was basically recycled footage of the previous 3 ads as stated by the twitter, although I think there's one short new sequence in the middle. Couldn't really tell. The voice over said something like "now a brand new history begins". Still no announcement on what the project is. The cocktease continues.
liti79_7.jpg

Suavo

To those who are bitching about Miura's release schedule, here's an excerpt from an interview with him done by skullknight.net users last year:

Q8: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

And his drawings show how much time he spends on them as well. Let the man rest/recuperate so he may continue to give his work justice.

Also:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/knot084/Guts_1_6e/DSC_3326.jpg

Art of War statue. I want.

tokkun

Suavo said:
To those who are bitching about Miura's release schedule, here's an excerpt from an interview with him done by skullknight.net users last year:

And his drawings show how much time he spends on them as well. Let the man rest/recuperate so he may continue to give his work justice.[/URL]

If his quote is truthful, you have to wonder what he is doing for those 16 hours each day. Yes, Berserk has detailed art, but there's no way it should take a year of working 16 hours per day for Miura and Studio Ga Ga to produce ten chapters worth of material.

Obviously something has happened to drastically slow the release rate. Berserk was being published at a rate of 2 volumes per year up until 2006. Since then, the production rate has halved.

Jex

tokkun said:
If his quote is truthful, you have to wonder what he is doing for those 16 hours each day. Yes, Berserk has detailed art, but there's no way it should take a year of working 16 hours per day for Miura and Studio Ga Ga to produce ten chapters worth of material.

Obviously something has happened to drastically slow the release rate. Berserk was being published at a rate of 2 volumes per year up until 2006. Since then, the production rate has halved.
Correct, it was ridicously slow, and now it's even slower. It shouldn't be possible to spend so much time producing so little.

I'm disappointed that the next advert is nothing new.

ZoddGutts

tokkun said:

Yeah agreed. I mean look at Vagabond which is equally as good both art and storywise as Berserk if not even better. In 12 years Inoue Takehiko has been able to make 33 volumes plus work on another series called Real. Yet Miura has taken over 20 years just to get to 35 volumes just for one series. BTW Vagabond is soon coming to an end. As for Berserk god knows how long that series is going to take for it to end, considering how damn slow Miura is.

tokkun said:

When did Idolmaster come out? And besides Idolmaster I hear he goes fishing a lot. Which isn't to say he doesn't deserve a vacation or anything. What throws a wrench in that thinking is that he apparently has assistants, who could pick up the slack if he was taking a break. I dunno.

Edit: Oh! And didn't he do some campaigning to keep loli hentai legal or something?

Suavo

Wow. The artwork with Vagabond is great but nowhere near to Berserk.

Miura works mostly alone and when he had been releasing new chapters at a regular basis he had been working with that schedule for at least over a decade. Let him have a life for fucks sake. :lol

Maybe I should ask when they're gonna say anything official about the anime, and then someone can post that they did five minutes after I posted.

It'll be in the issue at the end of the week or whatever.

Snaku

Banned
FreedomFrisbee said:
Maybe I should ask when they're gonna say anything official about the anime, and then someone can post that they did five minutes after I posted.

It'll be in the issue at the end of the week or whatever.

Calling it: Miura has burned himself out on the manga, doesn't want to do the work anymore, and is going to finish out the story in a CG anime.

ZoddGutts

Suavo said:
Wow. The artwork with Vagabond is great but nowhere near to Berserk.

Miura works mostly alone and when he had been releasing new chapters at a regular basis he had been working with that schedule for at least over a decade. Let him have a life for fucks sake. :lol

Yes Vagabond is as good as Berserk both artwork and storywise. Another plus is that Inoue can draw better action scenes than Miura has ever done.

Anyways yeah that CG of the Skullknight looked weak.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
whats the point of all this cockteasing? just announce that a series is coming, jesuschrist.

Error said:
whats the point of all this cockteasing? just announce that a series is coming, jesuschrist.
The official announcement of the anime will come as a double-page advert running alongside the final chapter of the manga.

LaneDS

Elfforkusu said:
The official announcement of the anime will come as a double-page advert running alongside the final chapter of the manga.

You're implying we'll still use things like "pages" and "paper" when the final chapter is released.

I bump bearing good news!

The new chapter is out, and along with it 'For people still not in High School, this will be the first Berserk anime'!

Next chapter next month.

LaneDS

That's doubly good news... a new chapter (finally, ugh) and what seems like confirmation these weren't just commercials (as most of us expected).

tokkun

FreedomFrisbee said:
I bump bearing good news!

The new chapter is out, and along with it 'For people still not in High School, this will be the first Berserk anime'!

Next chapter next month.

That comment makes me think that the series will start over from the beginning rather than picking up from the Eclipse.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
tokkun said:
That comment makes me think that the series will start over from the beginning rather than picking up from the Eclipse.

That is exactly what I am thinking. I'll be a bit disappointed if that's the case, as I'm DYING to see the story continued from the eclipse in anime form! I just GOTTA see what happens right after that and what became of Griffith.....IN ANIME FORM ONLY....not Manga so don't bother trying to seduce me into reading it. I just don't do Manga. Period. Sorry.

I'm glad they're starting again if that is the case. The first anime is the greatest series I have ever seen but the way it was produced meant it was always going to be near impossible to continue the story and stay true to the manga due to the omission of key characters.

isamu said:
That is exactly what I am thinking. I'll be a bit disappointed if that's the case, as I'm DYING to see the story continued from the eclipse in anime form! I just GOTTA see what happens right after that and what became of Griffith.....IN ANIME FORM ONLY....not Manga so don't bother trying to seduce me into reading it. I just don't do Manga. Period. Sorry.

The manga is far, far better than the anime...Most important aspect: crap art replaced by incredible art...oh, and puck hehe

Alastor

isamu said:

What possibly could happen? Death.

I also haven't read the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom