• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Here's the terrible angle from the Avs feed:
iynkC1mvkCTPO.gif

HS just will not load up the shorks feed for me.

In that first one his leg is definitely out but it looks like he's trying to lead with his shoulder. Stupid to have the leg out, dirty? No. Just stupid. Would've been a normal hit had Couture not moved at the last second. Hope he's alright.

Acid08

Banned
In that first one his leg is definitely out but it looks like he's trying to lead with his shoulder. Stupid to have the leg out, dirty? No. Just stupid. Would've been a normal hit had Couture not moved at the last second. Hope he's alright.
Yeah being able to look at it closely, the move he made made it worse than it would have been. Still think it was kinda ridiculous there was no penalty called.

He seemed okay at least. His skating became worse though so it was probably hurting him a bit. But as usual the organization said absolutely nothing about his condition.

Sort of reminds me of the Sobotka collision a few weeks back. Changing angles to play the puck and seems to be trying to avoid the hit at the last moment when he sees it and his right leg/skate is dragging.

Yeah being able to look at it closely, the move he made made it worse than it would have been. Still think it was kinda ridiculous there was no penalty called.

He seemed okay at least. His skating became worse though so it was probably hurting him a bit. But as usual the organization said absolutely nothing about his condition.

probably just started swelling up. him being able to skate at all after is probably a good sign of no horrible structural damage, at least.

Mac goes back to center I think if Duchene is out. Which would mean Barrie would probably get stuck on a wing. Which would also mean that Guenin/Sarich get more ice time. I don't like this at all.

Damn. And Anaheim or St. Louis are going to get y'all in the first round. Shit is unfair.

seriously. first round

Two of:

-Chicago
-Colorado
-Los Angeles
-San Jose

will be eliminated. And MN could possibly upset Anaheim or St. Louis if Bryz comes up big.

the west is so damn unfair this year. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
exactly.

Still, 2 really good teams will be out first round.

We all knew this was gonna happen in the West though.

West can really only beat themselves. It's gonna come down to Boston vs how badly injured/tired the Western winner.

It's kinda fucked that there is literally one eastern team to be afraid of.

tampa could be a dark horse. maybe.

habs have some good chemistry.

but yeah, pretty much. it's funny because my buddy was telling me how the west being better thing was overstated and the east was pretty much just as good.

Razorskin

----- ------
Remember when the Wings were going to wipe the floor with the East? The East broke their backs and made them humble.

Tabris should work his voodoo-dumbass magic on the Bruins and just go full black & yellow for the playoffs.

There's no way he'd support the Bruins.

those Avs on the other hand...

St Louis will kick our ass no problem but I think the Wild could make a series against Anaheim, Chicago, and maybe San Jose.

And I'm hoping Phoenix makes it in over Dallas but it's whatever.

Hunter S.

Remember when the Wings were going to wipe the floor with the East? The East broke their backs and made them humble.

There's no way he'd support the Bruins.

those Avs on the other hand...

To be fair and balanced, Columbus had practically never made the playoffs in the West and they were almost always a bottom feeder. With a move out East they go straight to the Playoffs.

Pretty much the only person I recall saying this was Tabris. Truly a testament to the strength of the East though. Someone left the front door of the old folks home right next to the joe unlocked and I present to you your Eastern Conference Detroit Red Wingzzzzzz!

edit: also lol and the CBJ-Avs comparison. They're a better team than they've probably ever been yes, they're also benefiting greatly from being in the shittier conference now as well.

I'm curious as to what other East team fans thing. Solo seems to think the West is much better. My buddy and Razor seem to think it's overstated.

I'm curious as to what other East team fans thing. Solo seems to think the West is much better. My buddy and Razor seem to think it's overstated.

It'll never truly be settled unless by some random ass chance the playoff structure is changed to allow the best teams in the league a chance rather than the top from each conference. Which would also require loser points to disappear. Neither of these things will ever happen.

It'll never truly be settled unless by some random ass chance the playoff structure is changed to allow the best teams in the league a chance rather than the top from each conference. Which would also require loser points to disappear. Neither of these things will ever happen.

I wonder what the split between conferences would be if they just took the top 16 ignoring 8 each right now.

Someone should find the matchups if they went top 16 with a 1 vs 16, etc setup (hawks have the tiebreaker with the pens ATM).

Curious to see what matchups would be and how many teams from each conference there would be.

Can't do it from my phone right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder what the split between conferences would be if they just took the top 16 ignoring 8 each right now.

Someone should find the matchups if they went top 16 with a 1 vs 16, etc setup (hawks have the tiebreaker with the pens ATM).

Curious to see what matchups would be and how many teams from each conference there would be.

Can't do it from my phone right now.

Going by point-percentage, you'd get

Bruins-Columbus
STL-Phoenix
Anaheim-Dallas
Sharks-Rangers
Avs-Wild
Pens-Flyers (muahahaha)
Chicago-Montreal
LA-Tampa

so...6/8 home ice advantage for the west, 3/8 west on the road. total 9/16 Western teams.

I think you mean out of 9. :p

Edit: actually, nvm. Your fractions don't work and add up because some western teams are playing other western teams, etc.

Interesting matchups. Honestly shocked it's only 9 west teams.

Should revisit this after 82 games.

Top Bottom