• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Clydefrog

W2FETbK.jpg

um, what? the guy's a dick towards anyone but himself

i bet he'd even confirm that. he don't care

Dem Stars!

Keep pushing for the playoffs.

Dallas took the North Stars away from us and I really detest many players on the Stars roster. Garbutt and Fiddler especially.

Jesus christ.. Get over it.

You have a team now. Blame it on Norm Green, people who didn't go to the North Stars games the last few seasons and Minneapolis as no new arena deal was laid out.

Either way, when Green was out.. the following owners in Dallas always gave tributes to the North Stars and what they did. Blame fucking Norm Green and not Dallas, it's fans, the team for moving.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I was just looking through the news for anything I missed yesterday, and I saw that MSL was kicked off the top line. Our new top line left winger with Stepan and Nash is...

Dan Carcillo

Well, at least we're only playing the Oilers today.

Cam Talbot's getting the start, which will probably be his last of the season.

Solo

It's kinda fucked that there is literally one eastern team to be afraid of.

Ehhh, while clearly Chi/Ana/LA/SJ/STL are better teams, I can't see a lot of teams wanting to play Philly or the Habs the way both teams have played the past little while. Outside of Boston (who is on the level of those west teams), I think those are the two east dark horses.

Also, vs West:

Boston: 18-4-4
Philly: 15-10-2
Tampa: 14-9-3
Pittsburgh: 14-9-1
Montreal: 14-12-1
Detroit: 12-10-5
Columbus: 11-10-3
New York: 12-13-0

So while I do think the Cup is coming from the West......7 of 8 East playoff teams have winning records vs the West.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ehhh, while clearly Chi/Ana/LA/SJ/STL are better teams, I can't see a lot of teams wanting to play Philly or the Habs the way both teams have played the past little while. Outside of Boston (who is on the level of those west teams), I think those are the two east dark horses.

Also, vs West:

Boston: 18-4-4
Philly: 15-10-2
Tampa: 14-9-3
Pittsburgh: 14-9-1
Montreal: 14-12-1
Detroit: 12-10-5
Columbus: 11-10-3
New York: 12-13-0

So while I do think the Cup is coming from the West......7 of 8 East playoff teams have winning records vs the West.

I forget how the new playoff format works, but I'm glad there's no chance Montreal plays Philly early on, they can never beat them.

Solo

I forget how the new playoff format works, but I'm glad there's no chance Montreal plays Philly early on, they can never beat them.

Yeah, if Montreal plays Philly it would be in a rematch of the 2010 conference final. I can see Philly getting there (because they are going to beat the Rangers and the Pens), but Montreal will have a harder time getting there. And yes, Philly has owned us in the playoffs in recent years.

It's great with all these fans!

"Hell yeah, I can't wait to be surrounded by Boston sports fans"
- Arnold "Masochist" Wesley Piper, 1922

Say sport, why don't you run down to Pete's Milk Emporium and grab me a tuppence of rube oil so I can huff it just to make Jack Edwards more tolerable when I hear him on the wireless?

Sanjuro

"Hell yeah, I can't wait to be surrounded by Boston sports fans"
- Arnold "Masochist" Wesley Piper, 1922

Say sport, why don't you run down to Pete's Milk Emporium and grab me a tuppence of rube oil so I can huff it just to make Jack Edwards more tolerable when I hear him on the wireless?

I'm terribly sorry I offended you. I was around when your franchise was a part of the Disney Afternoon.

Ah excellent, here's Rene Rencourt. The Monopoly Mans gay cousin from Delaware who gave up a lucrative career selling vacuum cleaners door to door to drunkenly do impressions of a 1950s housewife singing the Star-Spangled Banner into a broom handle.

Haha, uh oh! Gramps is off his meds again. Somebody fetch him a vial of Dr Bendlesteins Famous New England Ticker Oil before he gets a heart attack from learning that not all players use wooden sticks anymore.

Top Bottom