• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

ultrazilla

Gold Member
My awesome brother Solarstrike Solarstrike gifted me Half-Life: Alyxx(on sale for $23 on the current Steam sale) and it gave me a reason to
dust off my Quest 2. Played a bit with it but was trying to configure my sitting position. I'm disabled and my in-game height seems like
I'm 4 foot. Any tips would be great to fix this, thank you!

Sleepwalker

My awesome brother Solarstrike Solarstrike gifted me Half-Life: Alyxx(on sale for $23 on the current Steam sale) and it gave me a reason to
dust off my Quest 2. Played a bit with it but was trying to configure my sitting position. I'm disabled and my in-game height seems like

Walk out of the boundary and set it up again, im not sure if you're wired or tethered but steamVR also should have the option somewhere around to recentre, I'm not entirely sure where it was though. Hopefully someone else chan chime in.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Redo your SteamVR room set up, it should have all you need there for games to pick it up automatically. The Alyx accessibility option from the main menu should also have various height adjustment settings for standing, crouching, etc.

Apparently you're supposed to select Stand to play seated. Kind of counter intuitive for a game meant to be super accessible down to one handed modes of play and stuff. Some info here since I don't have a VR set atm to look for you:

Last edited:

Alexios

Ghosts of Tabor launch party stream is kinda painful and cringe.

It's a VR Escape from Tarkov thing supposedly, kinda looks like PUBG too. Will edit this with the new trailer when it's up, game looks pretty promising so looking forward to trying it out:

We'll see, there's much tacticool FPS competition in VR even without listing Onward with the likes of refreshed Pavlov, Contractors and the upcoming Geronimo by Dark Matter Studios...

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cost me like 10 bucks on my regional store. Love regional pricing lol

Anyway, looking to fill up my pcvr library, any recommendations?
I would try and wait for humble bundle to hopefully do some more VR bundles. I picked up so many VR games that I haven't even had a chance to play them all.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm actually quite hyped for quest 3 now, I think it could be really quite good. My only grype is it missing eye tracking and hopefully they don't release an iteration in a year or so with the feature as I'd like to buy a quest 3 this year.

hlm666

As Alexios Alexios said there is an option to make you stand but I can't remember how I set this up it's been a while. I set it up for an incomplete quad ages ago, he had hand function in one hand but not the other so it was also using the 1 handed control scheme while seated in his chair. I vaguely remember the game was always crouching I think because he was sitting and crouch was not mapped to the 1 handed control scheme, we mapped crouch to a gesture (no other inputs left seeing using a single control) and he stood up in game and the height was now right so he could reach things, the initial setup of the vr device was done by someone standing I think so maybe that had an effect aswell.

Don't give up, you can get this setup properly and 100% playable while in a chair. The only issue is if you have been in the chair for a while you could get a bit of vertigo from the feeling of being further from the ground than your used to.

Fredrik

I’ve been going back to Quest 2 after all the VR talk around PSVR2 launch.

Finally tried racing in VR, played Assetto Corsa, bumped everything up to max, dusted off a Thrustmaster TX wheel too (playing with controller was shit) and omg I’m blown away. So so so cool! And the best thing, I felt no motion sickness at all, not even a hint of it. I started to wonder if the FFB on the wheel is helping my crappy brain to connect the physical world and VR world.

Tried Skyrim too, in bed lol, wireless VR is something else. Installed VRIK and HIGGS and made a new character and went to Riverwood, built a tower on the dinner table at Alvor’s house, flirted with Sigrid and played around with the physics hitting the trader sign outside, awesome 👍

As DenchDeckard DenchDeckard says, if Quest 3 delivers and don’t have any stupid drawbacks I could see myself investing. But it needs to be lightweight, comfortable, have pancake lenses, better battery life, I need to fit glasses inside, and no bs expensive price.

Last edited:

hlm666

Pimax Crystal, I googled it, it’s $1900 😓
Yeh it's not for the mainstream, they are doing things like giving you 2 sets of aspheric lenses for different ppd/fov and having a second small battery in the headset so you can hot swap the main one. It's probably out of my price range aswell unless I don't want to spend anything on my other hobbies but hopefully we get some cheaper ones that are close image wise, I think the quest 3 has a good chance of being that along with the other reasons you mentioned above.

Fredrik

I noticed that you could record things with Virtual Desktop, so here is 5 minutes of Skyrim VR:

Fast forward to 3 minutes in: HIGGS mod gives you the Half Life Alyx physics, VRIK mod gives you a player avatar, not jank free but those are my favorite mods, immersion is top notch.

Romulus

I noticed that you could record things with Virtual Desktop, so here is 5 minutes of Skyrim VR:

Fast forward to 3 minutes in: HIGGS mod gives you the Half Life Alyx physics, VRIK mod gives you a player avatar, not jank free but those are my favorite mods, immersion is top notch.

This game still sucks me in after all these years. Fallout 4 is pretty underrated in VR too.

Fredrik

This game still sucks me in after all these years. Fallout 4 is pretty underrated in VR too.
It’s seriously my favorite VR game when modded, just fooling around with the physics is fun, the interactivity is superb.

Didn’t know Fallout VR was good too, reviews on Steam is kinda brutal. Is it fixed through post-launch patches and mods?

Makes me sad that Bethesda probably won’t do anything else in VR now that MS owns them. MS won’t let them invest in SteamVR when they aren’t doing anything in VR on their own platforms. Major loss imo. Starfield VR would’ve been great.

Last edited:

Romulus

It’s seriously my favorite VR game when modded, just fooling around with the physics is fun, the interactivity is superb.

Didn’t know Fallout VR was good too, reviews on Steam is kinda brutal. Is it fixed through post-launch patches and mods?

Makes me sad that Bethesda probably won’t do anything else in VR now that MS owns them. MS won’t let them invest in SteamVR when they aren’t doing anything in VR on their ien platforms. Major loss imo. Starfield VR would’ve been great.

Yeah they fixed some things for fallout 4. Still has jank but definitely worth it with mods. Probably top 3 VR game for me..

Romulus

The amount of half life content with these VR mods is insane now. Some of them could be shown under the Valve name and totally fool most fans.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Contacted Team Beef about Quake 4 on Quest 1&2. They said they will share something soon.
I'm so looking forward to it. If they do it right It might end up being my best VR game.

Stitch

Gold Member

yeees time to RIP & TEAR

Nomad version is out too

Last edited:

hlm666

So, no news at all from Meta regarding hardware?
heh was coming in myself to see if there was any.

There is some massive potential for MR horror type games using your house as part of the level or something, curious to see what people with more imagination than myself comes up with. Would be freaky as hell seeing a monster of some type dash between rooms or down a hallways/staircase lol

Last edited:

Alexios

The Future Games Show includes some VR stuff this time, namely Low-Fi, Hello Neighbor VR: Search & Rescue, Another Fisherman's Tale, Kill it with Fire VR and the just released as seen above Not for Broadcast VR. Edit: I've timestamped the VR section and added the separately uploaded trailers.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

hlm666

This has potential to move some headsets, this fitness shit is like catnip to the casual audience. Imagine going past a fitness class with everyone wearing a quest 3 doing some weird MR fitness thing together, be so funny.
Every day I excitingly look to see if the Quest 3 has been announced yet.....
yeh me too, every time I click on Alexios Alexios notification for this thread a little part of me is hoping one of his updates will be about quest 3 ;)

Fredrik

Can’t believe there is nothing at all posted from the GDC talks on social. Did everyone sign some NDA or what’s the deal? They talk about the future of the Quest ecosystem and there is no news at all posted?

hlm666

That’s awesome! I started playing Hellblade in VR just a few days ago, looks exactly like this and it’s fantastic.
Is it possible to play with controller too? He only talk about mouse and keyboard.
It should, I havn't tried that but his other mods that don't implement motion controls let you use whatever the base game supports normally.

Fredrik

It should, I havn't tried that but his other mods that don't implement motion controls let you use whatever the base game supports normally.
Awesome! This could get me to buy it even though I never planned to. Couldn’t deal with RE4VR, first person VR and horror don’t mix well for me lol, but this I could handle. Thought the Hellblade VR implementation was brilliant, I want this type of viewpoint for all third person games.

hlm666

Awesome! This could get me to buy it even though I never planned to. Couldn’t deal with RE4VR, first person VR and horror don’t mix well for me lol, but this I could handle. Thought the Hellblade VR implementation was brilliant, I want this type of viewpoint for all third person games.
I'm not sure if you have any of the other games he has done vr mods for, but dmc uses a similar setup and I think there is still 3rd person options in his other re vr mods. It could be worth trying some of them if you own any to see how you go before buying re4. I think you might be also able to use the mod on the re4 demo aswell so u could try that.

Fredrik

I'm not sure if you have any of the other games he has done vr mods for, but dmc uses a similar setup and I think there is still 3rd person options in his other re vr mods. It could be worth trying some of them if you own any to see how you go before buying re4. I think you might be also able to use the mod on the re4 demo aswell so u could try that.

Oh cool, I have RE2 and RE3 at least, I’ll check them out 👍

He should do some fighting games with this third person free movement VR camera. And Elden Ring! Not sure if there would be too much looking through walls though but not everything needs to be first person and motion controlled just because it’s VR, I really like the layed back third person perspective. Try Hellblade if you haven’t already, seems like a cheap VR version but it’s great, same game but you’re there floating about like Lakitu right there behind Senua.

iwdJzij.jpg

Alexios

Nothing huge the last few days but I should probably post this stuff before the next onslaught of news comes along as they tend to do as seen in previous posts. Cool shit like Vertigo 2 coming soon.

Last edited:

hlm666

Nothing too big the last few days but I should probably post this stuff before the next onslaught of news comes along as they tend to do as seen in previous posts.

I've got a niece who's in the middle of her vet degree, going to show her that vetvr trailer and see if I can break her mmo addiction with that ;) She's not really addicted she just doesn't play much else except them though.

Top Bottom