• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh shit whaddup: Voice actor has Devil May Cry 5 in his resume [Well... Err...]

DMC5 by Ninja Theory. Best of both worlds.

2Zv4MHx.gif

Agreed, i don't want Platinum working on this.

It needs to be Itsuno and Capcom.

As someone who would take Bayo 1/2 over DMC 1/3, I completely agree as well. Time for some competition and bar raising in the action genre. Nowadays it seems like Platinum or nothing and that's not good for anyone.

oni-link

Trailer starts

Nu Dante appears

Capcom logo appears on the screen

Classic Dante bursts through a portal and kills Nu Dante

GAF crashes

Watch it start as a DmC 2 trailer and then OG Dante comes in and takes over and it turns into DMC5.

Ah I was well beaten

Beth Cyra

Neo_G wasn't doing shit though. Marvel was done. Dude has nothing to do but twiddle his thumbs.

Yeah can't fault Neo_G for moving on at all.

I hope any work that had been done on DMC 5 would have at least got some ideas and supervision from him before he left the company.

Still the man makes amazing Fighting Games and Action, so he needs to be somewhere that will make use of his god level talent.

BadWolf

Neo_G wasn't doing shit though. Marvel was done. Dude has nothing to do but twiddle his thumbs.

He was working on freaking game manuals. Like wtf.

Personally I'm really happy that he left for a place that seems to appreciate him a lot more (SNK made him battle director on KOFXIV the moment he joined them earlier this year).

ezekial45

Banned
I must confess, I too would like DmC2 by Ninja Theory. Hell, the announcement of that and ensuing reactions would be worth it completely.

But yes, I'm cool with a possible DMC5. DMC4 wasn't much of a bar to go higher from, so I'm confident they can nail it. Especially if they make multi-character campaigns with unique areas and bosses. That would be fantastic.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Lol DMC5 by Ninja Theory fuck outta here with that garbage.

Ninja Theory can't design good combat or stable framerates. 2 things that are key for a DMC game.

I promised myself not to get my hopes up and to just be reasonable and hope for news on the franchise next year. I'm gonna do my best to stick to that philosophy.

Stop doing this to me.

KrebStar

Count me as one of the crazies that would be totally fine with either DMC5 or DmC2, i guess. Both have the potential for excellent sequels.

The obsessive hatred people have for DmC is so weird.

Cromwell

Banned
Please return to the dark atmosphere of DMC1. I love all of the games but the cartoony look and feel of DMC4 was kind of a turn off.

Beth Cyra

Count me as one of the crazies that would be totally fine with either DMC5 or DmC2, i guess. Both have the potential for excellent sequels.

Capcom and Ninja Theory didn't help it with how they promoted the DmC, it is completely expected that those who hate would hold that pretty strong.

Yup.

I'd be okay with either, people who genuinely are angry at DmC or have some grievance with it should go chill out and stop getting mad about video games.

Son Of D

Could be. Which would give us a younger antagonist than what we've had historically (other than Vergil), which would be great. Just found it interesting.

If that's the case hopefully it's a demon and the story goes away from Sparda and his power. Or even a human. Just move on from Sparda's power.

If it was a garbage game it would have been forgotten already and remembered with a laugh every now and then like DMC2 but the fact that DmC ended up being bloody brilliant with a fanbase is what seem to grind some gears.

Sesha

This reminds me of how we found out about DMC3. It was mentioned on Stephanie Cheeva's resume on her website.

He made a mistake

he meant to write DmC 2

Is this the codename for DmC 2 cause I'm totally down for that

Same. :)

But most likely this is continuation of the old franchise. :-/ I barely touched original franchise, so my hype remains low.

So, no DmC2? I'm sad :(

Id be happier with a DmC 2, is that heresy?

PLEASE NO ;-;

I want a sequel to DmC soooooooo bad

Capcom doesn't do large-scale overseas outsourcing for major titles anymore.

Rather have DmC2.

Oh well, at least when this bombs, we'll have more of a chance for a sequel to the superior game.

If this bombs, the franchise is dead forever.

Cromwell

Banned
If it was a garbage game it would have been forgotten already and remembered with a laugh every now and then like DMC2 but the fact that DmC ended up being bloody brilliant with a fanbase is what seem to grind some gears.

It wasn't brilliant. It was well made but forgettable, the only DMC game it's better than is 2.

Top Bottom