• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preordering games is dumb

MrFunSocks

Banned
I’ll preorder digital games that I know I’m buying because I can then pre download it so it’s ready to play at midnight if I want to play it.

If I was stuck in the 90s buying physical games then yeah, zero reason to preorder.

Kokoloko85

If you know your gonna buy the game and dont trust reviews why not?

I wanted God of War, Bloodborne to locked and ready at midnight to play

Daymos

JRPGs are occasionally scare or sold out around release. You rarely see games by falcom or atlus at retail stores like walmart, and they rarely go down in price on amazon (and often up). For example, it was impossible to find octopath traveler for switch at release.

Preordering something like trails of cold steel4 just makes sense.

All the super popular stuff like spiderman or assassins creed, final fantasy or super mario, yeah it makes NO sense to preorder. Hell, in the case of many games it makes no sense to even buy it for 1 or 2 years.. there's going to be patches and DLC and the game will drop fast in price. Buying FF15 early was a waste.

Impatient gamers are unhappy gamers in the long run.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I preorder? The money is coming out of my pocket whether I pay 30 days early or on release day. At least when you pre-order you get preload and some freebies.

Top Bottom