• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticut [27+ dead including 20+ children]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats weird.........................

Weird because a bunch of kids were just shot - If its a reporter...

But, people are detached now at days, not surprised.

If thats a parent, well. Thats just weird.

I know no GAFrents would claim that they would get nervous and laugh like that.

Like I said, people react to stress in weird ways. Directly after my last abdominal surgery, they had to press really hard over the incision to control bleeding. It hurt so bad that I wanted to scream. I started laughing instead.

Maybe someone in the crowd had said something like "Don't be nervous, you'll do fine." and he had to laugh at the absurdity of that. I'm a parent and I fucking would.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy fucking shit.

One of the supposed parents of the Sandy Hook child victims seen on camera laughing and grinning just before a press conference.
FUCK YOU.

Are you kdidgin me dude? Have you lost a child? do any of us in this tthread know how we would handle it? What our faces would look like?

LOOK AT THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS VIDEO
Fathers of slain children do not go around joking and laughing the next day this guy is a fraud and he is an actor and so is the aunt that spoke before him and this entire shooting is a scam to take away gun right for a much bigger global domination plan.the father of the shooter was also to testify over the libor scandal.as he was VP of GE and Webber Paine company that suites were filed against and documented at stanford advocates web site,both aurora and Sandy Hook were referenced in the Batman move dark knight rises

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy fucking shit.

One of the supposed parents of the Sandy Hook child victims seen on camera laughing and grinning just before a press conference.
supposed parents.
supposed parents.

i did a google search.

does it strike anyone else as strange that all the sources that seem to think robbie parker is "faking" are sources I find totally disgusting?
http://beforeitsnews.com/media/2012...hter-caught-faking-robbie-parker-2450660.html
http://www.maxfarquar.com/2012/12/robbie-parker-laughing-sandy-hook/

real fucking stand-up journalism there

while all the sources I consider still totally inadequate but either borderline respectable, or at least not willing to discredit the father of an elementary school student who was shot and killed, position his remarks this way:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/16/us/connecticut-emilie-parker/index.html
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/12/1...parker-speaks-out-on-shooting-i-am-not-angry/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/connecticut-shooting-tragedy-robbie-parker-17986590
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nati...ember-These-Beautiful-Children-184000531.html
http://www.katiecouric.com/features/robbie-parker-remembers-his-daughter/

I apologize in advance for this and I will take my ban if I deserve it. I ask only that it not be permanent because I am very fond of this forum and generally think I contribute constructively to it.

Panipal2009 is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a member of this community, let alone one under the provisions of being a junior member. His arguments in this and other threads range from annoying to misleading to downright soul-drenchingly disgusting as in his implication that calling an elementary school a "gun free zone" is what attracted adam lanza to it in the first place. linking us to this video with the "holy fucking shit look at this damning evidence I just found" attitude that he used is so far beyond over the line that I can't even sit still. This is a FATHER who has lost his CHILD.

I've seen juniors banned for asking to have Wii exclusives on 360. Cyan, or whoever else might be watching, if this shit is tolerated then I don't even know what the lot of us are even doing with our time here

My daughter, Emilie, would be one of the first ones to be standing and giving her love and support to all those victims, because that’s the type of person that she is. Not because of any parenting that my wife and I could have done, but because those were the gifts that were given to her by her heavenly father.

Novid

Banned
I have a lot to think about.

I just feel powerless because I know whats coming next.

Its the sad state of humanity. I can only pray we know the right thing to do because i just plum given up.

There isnt much hope left for any of us.

supposed parents.
supposed parents.

i did a google search.

does it strike anyone else as strange that all the sources that seem to think robbie parker is "faking" are sources I find totally disgusting?
http://beforeitsnews.com/media/2012...hter-caught-faking-robbie-parker-2450660.html
http://www.maxfarquar.com/2012/12/robbie-parker-laughing-sandy-hook/

real fucking stand-up journalism there

while all the sources I consider still totally inadequate but either borderline respectable, or at least not willing to discredit the father of an elementary school student who was shot and killed, position his remarks this way:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/16/us/connecticut-emilie-parker/index.html
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/12/1...parker-speaks-out-on-shooting-i-am-not-angry/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/connecticut-shooting-tragedy-robbie-parker-17986590
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nati...ember-These-Beautiful-Children-184000531.html
http://www.katiecouric.com/features/robbie-parker-remembers-his-daughter/

I apologize in advance for this and I will take my ban if I deserve it. I ask only that it not be permanent because I am very fond of this forum and generally think I contribute constructively to it.

Panipal2009 is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a member of this community, let alone one under the provisions of being a junior member. His arguments in this and other threads range from annoying to misleading to downright soul-drenchingly disgusting as in his implication that calling an elementary school a "gun free zone" is what attracted adam lanza to it in the first place. linking us to this video with the "holy fucking shit look at this damning evidence I just found" attitude that he used is so far beyond over the line that I can't even sit still. This is a FATHER who has lost his CHILD.

I've seen juniors banned for asking to have Wii exclusives on 360. Cyan, or whoever else might be watching, if this shit is tolerated then I don't even know what the lot of us are even doing with our time here

Sad to see the author of this post get banned, i know everyone agrees with him. My hat goes off to you sir

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Holy fucking shit.

These responses are just way off beam. Way, way off.

We don't know the guy, don't know how he works, what he's going through, what he has to cope with.

Maybe he's camera-shy, maybe it's just a nervous reaction, maybe he's got other kids too and has to put this front up all the damn time to reassure them that their world hasn't ended as well and does his weeping at night when they are asleep. Maybe he's just built that way, maybe his wife needs constant joshing and reassurance just to get through every goddam day and this is what works.

We don't know how we would react in the same sort of circumstances, and please God we never find out.

But let's not play along with those unutterably cruel folk who splat this all over the media as some sort of claim that nothing happened. Talk about rubbing salt into gaping wounds.

Disgusting.

Holy fucking shit.

I have two kids aged eight and six. As any parent would tell you, my love for them is indescribable. If anything were to happen to them I would so totally lose my shit that you wouldn't be able to hold me responsible for anything I say, do, express facially, etc. It's so inconceivable to me that I physically can't comprehend what those poor folks are going through.

Long story short, give this guy some slack.

KuroNeeko

Holy fucking shit.

Disgusting.

The only thing I can really do is just try to feel pity for you and hope that you'll gain some more perspective or even empathy for others as you move out of your teens. All I can say is maybe you'll understand when you have kids of your own, because right now you come off as sounding like you know shack jit.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Am I the only one disgusted about the video game card being played in all of this? It's like Columbine all over again- instead of focusing on guns or the state of our mental health treatment, we fucking focus on the killer allegedly playing Call of Duty and Starcraft.

I know that there's a thread on this over in gaming, but this is really bothering me.

Am I the only one disgusted about the video game card being played in all of this? It's like Columbine all over again- instead of focusing on guns or the state of our mental health treatment, we fucking focus on the killer allegedly playing Call of Duty and Starcraft.

I know that there's a thread on this over in gaming, but this is really bothering me.

It's because it's easy and safe to blame something that is blameless, violence in movies (after Aurora) and video games now, than to blame something that is an incredibly touchy subject in America; which is guns and healthcare.

So, they are going to scapegoat this shit until it sticks somewhere and most American's buy it, wash their hands of it, nothing will change, and recycle the same arguments when it happens again.

KuroNeeko

↑ Not always stranger than truth...

Sure, you're not the only person disgusted by it, but gaming has been a scapegoat for violence for a long time now. It's a lot easier to blame it than poor parenting, lack of adequate psychological care, strict gun control, and a growing social apathy for other living beings.

Heck, almost every form of popular media has been blamed for misbehavior since the beginning of time. With guns though, people (read gun holders) will go through every possible excuse known to man in an effort to protect what they feel are "their rights" or to protect themselves from "THEM." as if they really know who that is.

Is it possible that violent gaming from an early age could have contributed to this? Sure, but that blame ultimately lies on the parent because they are responsible for the content that their child partakes in, especially during their younger years. Of course, society is also to blame for a culture that glorifies violence. It's also possible that music, movies, chemical imbalances due to processed foods, and who knows what else could have contributed as well. What's almost indisputable is the fact that if he had NOT had access to the munitions he had, he almost certainly would NOT have been able to inflict the loss of life he did.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It's because it's easy and safe to blame something that is blameless, violence in movies (after Aurora) and video games now, than to blame something that is an incredibly touchy subject in America; which is guns and healthcare.

So, they are going to scapegoat this shit until it sticks somewhere and most American's buy it, wash their hands of it, nothing will change, and recycle the same arguments when it happens again.
You know what, with all the racing games I played, I should see if I can get some track time in a McLaren F1 at the local track. It has no traction control, anti lock brakes, or power steering, and I've never seen one in person, much less drive one, but with all the time I spent playing Forza Motorsport, I shouldn't have any problem not wrapping it around a telephone pole, right?

I'm serious. Someone hook me up.

KuroNeeko

You know what, with all the racing games I played, I should see if I can get some track time in a McLaren F1 at the local track. It has no traction control, anti lock brakes, or power steering, and I've never seen one in person, much less drive one, but with all the time I spent playing Forza Motorsport, I shouldn't have any problem not wrapping it around a telephone pole, right?

I'm serious. Someone hook me up.

Well, on the flip side there's always this;D ← I love this story, though as a parent it IS scary.

Then again, you also have the 9/11 terrorists who learned to fly using a flight simulator game. No one is disputing the potential role that games can play as educational tools. People are blaming them for having too much influence on their children - conditioning them to be more receptive and forgiving of violence; to lose track of what is real and not real; or to disconnect them from people in such a way that interpersonal relationships become less important or even difficult to accomplish because they've spent too much time playing games. Some of this is possible, but is usually a result of a life that is so out of balance, that ultimately other factors are to blame (lack of intervention from parents, friends, teachers, society, etc.)

Dead Man

Yep.

I hope some well-meaning people do not institute feign death drills like they did with the nuclear attack drills in classrooms in our nation's past. I honestly don't know if that helped anyone other than the government maintain control of people through a hightened state of fear.

That said, if I was a parent, I don't know if I would be able to hold back from telling my kid to do the same should the unthinkable happen and my uncertainty makes me feel a little dirty (both ways).

Alx

She's a smart girl. I wouldn't have thought of playing dead if I was in a similar situation.

It could be preservation instinct more than a conscious strategy. I think many kids facing a deadly danger would more likely freeze than run away (which can be useful against predators, less so when crossing the road for example).

Are you kidding? Laughter, or nervously grinning/grimacing as the guy in the video seemed to be, is a common response to stress or tragedy. I have to question your common sense, perhaps even the depth of your life experience.

madmackem

Also throwing this out there, but apparently the killer was in the process of being committed before he snapped. I think we should focus on this, not the video games he played.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...a-motive_n_2329508.html?icid=hp_crime_top_art

Ignore if old.

Yeah anything mixed with real serious mental issues is bad news. Fuck those trying to find a conspiracy in this, your talking about little kids lives for god sake. Just when you think humanity couldnt get worse after the tragic events you see gobshites on the internet saying things like this all trying to push some agenda.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Hawkian should have been rewarded for that post, like got a year immunity from banning or something.

Hawkian broke the rules by attacking another member, the junior broke no rules. I don't agree with him getting banned, but it's clear why it happened; he even knew it would get him banned. Most of his post was fine, except that paragraph toward the end.

FStop7

Banned
People have turned this into a conspiracy? What the fuck

It happens with pretty much every unimaginable act. I think it's some kind of coping mechanism for some - they can't accept one person could do something so horrible so they build up elaborate fantasies in which no individual is responsible but rather it's a shadowy conspiracy in which nobody was actually hurt and only they themselves, the avid viewer, know the truth.

Cyan

Banned
It happens with pretty much unimaginable act. I think it's some kind of coping mechanism for some - they can't accept one person could do something so horrible so they build up elaborate fantasies in which no individual is responsible but rather it's a shadowy conspiracy in which nobody was actually hurt and only they themselves, the avid viewer, know the truth.

Essentially this. When you add the fact that seeing what really happened would force them to confront uncomfortable truths about their own beliefs--broad freedoms of gun ownership mean things like this are going to happen--it becomes even more likely that they'll dive into conspiracies to avoid having to think about it.

Essentially this. When you add the fact that seeing what really happened would force them to confront uncomfortable truths about their own beliefs--broad freedoms of gun ownership mean things like this are going to happen--it becomes even more likely that they'll dive into conspiracies to avoid having to think about it.

Completely, I was about to edit my post to say something similar. It's much easier to believe that this was faked, that 9/11 was faked, ect, than to confront the reality that exists.

Completely, I was about to edit my post to say something similar. It's much easier to believe that this was faked, that 9/11 was faked, ect, than to confront the reality that exists.

I don't think thats the reason. Some just don't believe everything they're told buy an entity like the government. You're acting like we've never been lied to before. Please don't treat this world like it's perfect and honest. Cause it's nowhere near like that. It's ruthless.

Dude Abides

Banned
I don't think thats the reason. Some just don't believe everything they're told buy an entity like the government. You're acting like we've never been lied to before. Please don't treat this world like it's perfect and honest. Cause it's nowhere near like that. It's ruthless.

There's also a difference between healthy skepticism and kookery. Do you believe this specific incident happened?

mantidor

Yes i believe it happened. Just not everything that's reported. I won't go into details for the sake of this thread.

barely anything has been reported except in general how it happened to be honest. The police has been very discreet about the details. The rest is the media being the complete incompetents they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom