• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticut [27+ dead including 20+ children]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think thats the reason. Some just don't believe everything they're told buy an entity like the government. You're acting like we've never been lied to before. Please don't treat this world like it's perfect and honest. Cause it's nowhere near like that. It's ruthless.

What would be the reasoning behind orchestrating and lying about something like this? I know the world is ruthless. If the government were capable of keeping us in the dark about 9/11, aliens, the moon landing, faking mass shootings, they would also be able to keep us in the dark about civilian casualties via drone attack, and the head of the freaking CIA could keep his affair a secret.

No, people construct these elaborate conspiracy theories because they cannot handle reality. They can't fathom blaming something that is a horribly touchy issue like guns or healthcare, so they'll blame video games. They don't want to confront the issues that the mass muder of 20 children and 7 adults by a mentally unstable individual creates, so they construct a reality where it didn't actually happen. They can't believe that a black man was elected president, so they froth up a conspiracy about how he wasn't born in the US. They can't believe that terrorists would be able to knock down the World Trade Center with a couple of planes, killing thousands, so they come up with an elaborate theory about controlled demolition.

In reality, your secret is only a secret if you have told no one. Once other people are involved, (which, you know, it would take more than one person to pull off conspiracies of this scale) it's not a secret anymore.

You already derailed the thread by posting this vague nonsense. If you don't want to go detailed, don't bring up.

I didn't mean to derail it. My point was i don't believe whatever the government says. The shooting did happen, but i would not be surprised if it were found out that it was planned. That is all. The world is messed up. Would you be surprised?

Anyway it seems to be a touchy subject. So i'll leave it alone.

KHarvey16

I didn't mean to derail it. My point was i don't believe whatever the government says. The shooting did happen, but i would not be surprised if it were found out that it was planned. That is all. The world is messed up. Would you be surprised?

So...aimless, non-specific doubt for doubt's sake.

If it's anything like this theory, this gon be good.

You need to seek mental help. I don't say that as an insult, I say it as compassionate advice.

Orayn

Any reasonable person would be surprised. You're hopelessly paranoid.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

Look, I may be out of order here. But what do you mean by "it was planned", eh? Planned by the shooter you're probably right. Accomplices? maybe.

But there's a suggestion (perhaps it's a slight one - and perhaps you'd like to correct it if it is not right) that what you're saying is that either this whole event, or the response to it, or the people involved in it, are somehow and in some specific way false?

Or maybe that somebody (other than the shooter) plotted out the local response, the police/military response, the political response, the media response and whatever else?

Just what is it exactly that you are suggesting?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Da fuck. 9/11 truthers getting bored, and moving on to Sandy Hook conspiracy shit?

We need a "Sandy Hook conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else" thread.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Da fuck. 9/11 truthers getting bored, and moving on to Sandy Hook conspiracy shit?

We need a "Sandy Hook conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else" thread.

Everything has its conspiracy theorists.

Also I'm pretty sure Kung Fu is a joke character. I mean just look at his topic history.

Double also, I saw a video in the Youtube sidebar today titled "PROFF THE SANDY HOOK SHOOTING WAS A FRAUD" or something like that. Yeesh. I didn't click on it.

FyreWulff

Conspiracy theories are how people deal with the inability to process the possibility that a person could be evil enough to commit an act. They assign it's ability to be executed to a bigger, more powerful entity because surely a normal person wouldn't be able to execute anything on that level.

It's an interesting paradox where conspiracy theorists essentially trust the government so much to protect them that in their mind, the only way for something 'big' to happen is that the government allows it.

Just my generic take on conspiracies. If the government really wanted to minimize guns they wouldn't need false flag operations or anything of the sort, we could pass laws tomorrow that make everything but shotguns illegal and the 2nd is still satisfied.

Fuuuuck. You can't mosey through and say that you "wouldn't be surprised" if the whole thing was a conspiracy. And then "leave it at that". That opinion is fucking disgusting. It "SEEMS TO BE A TOUCHY SUBJECT"???? Wow, you think so? What in the living hell.

LowParry

Damn, how did this thread turn to this? People actually believe this is planned? What are you some kind....ugh. Go away and eat 3 month left out jello or something. That shit just doesn't belong here nor ever should be discussed.

LowParry

I am? Wow alot of you on gaf are fucking horrible.

EDIT- And seeing the responses that's the exact reason why i said i didn't want to get into it.

Naw. Most people here I would assume think your opinion is rather tasteless. That's all. I'm sure you're a cool guy. Just not on this subject.

This conspiracy theory bullshit is always ridiculous.

Edit: After googling it, apparently the letters weren't threatening and the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

EDIT- And seeing the responses that's the exact reason why i said i didn't want to get into it. I'll happily leave this thread.

There's a difference between skepticism and going off the cliff. Youve gone off the cliff, sadly to say. Youre detached from reality at a level so deeply that i fear you may need professional help. I dont say this as an insult or an attack, but just an honest assessment.

Have you guys seen this video? Basically there's stuff going on like earthquakes, animals dying, strange noises, flares on the sun, mass of birds flying, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqnND7qHQA&list=UUZmcVhcaIL7gPB8yHOQw2zQ&index=15&feature=plcp

It scared the shit out of me! What do you think about this? And i didn't know there was an asteroid coming?

I don't think i've ever been this scared about the earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokMcO3T0SY&feature=related

He claims it's not because if it were we wouldn't be moving along with it. Example, if an object is floating in the air it wouldn't land in the same spot since the earth is rotating at 1000mph. He explains it and shows some examples. The video is 30 minutes long.

Please ignore the bible stuff for a sec.

Mind-is-Full-of-Fuck.jpg

EDIT- And seeing the responses that's the exact reason why i said i didn't want to get into it. I'll happily leave this thread.

It's completely uncalled for anyone to call you a retard.

Did you read my response to you before?

I really hope you examine your reasoning behind believing a lot of this. Dig really deep. If you do, I am sure you will see that I am right, all of this is a coping mechanism to deal with the horrible reality of these situations. Do you find yourself skeptical of all the things that I mentioned in my post?

It's understandable to not want to face reality. But eventually we all have to. That there are people in this world that do this sort of stuff for no sane reason. Constructing a reality where a reason exists to fit your world view is very unhealthy.

As for this specific attack, people are saying it would benefit the government to perpetuate it, due to the fact that apparently they want to ban guns. But do you know who's really profiting from this attack? Gun sellers.

cashman

Banned

Yeah retard is pretty harsh.

To be fair though, just by reading the thread that was linked, you are kind of an idiot.

I don't think you could get all the major news outlets to cooperate in a grand conspiracy these days.

It's completely uncalled for anyone to call you a retard.

Did you read my response to you before?

I really hope you examine your reasoning behind believing a lot of this. Dig really deep. If you do, I am sure you will see that I am right, all of this is a coping mechanism to deal with the horrible reality of these situations. Do you find yourself skeptical of all the things that I mentioned in my post?

It's understandable to not want to face reality. But eventually we all have to. That there are people in this world that do this sort of stuff for no sane reason. Constructing a reality where a reason exists to fit your world view is very unhealthy.

As for this specific attack, people are saying it would benefit the government to perpetuate it, due to the fact that apparently they want to ban guns. But do you know who's really profiting from this attack? Gun sellers.

Look man. I'm not retarded, an idiot, a loony, or whatever the heck you guys want to call me. I'm just very open minded. About everything. You guys are actually the crazy ones for seeing everything so one dimensional. I don't live my life like that. Sorry. I question everything.

Heh.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That word has always been bannable as far as I know.

Fairly sure I've called things "retarded" on many occasions for the past 7 years here and I've never been banned for it. Never seen anyone banned for it before either. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Look man. I'm not retarded, an idiot, a loony, or whatever the heck you guys want to call me. I'm just very open minded. About everything. You guys are actually the crazy ones for seeing everything so one dimensional. I don't live my life like that. Sorry. I question everything.

Heh.

I thought you were done with this thread?

In any event, if you think believing in crazy-ass conspiracy theories makes you "open-minded" and makes everyone else closed-minded sheeple automations, then I don't think you know what being open-minded actually entails.

i-Lo

Tell me:

• Do you believe that the earth doesn't rotate?

Orayn

Open-minded means potentially accepting a variety of possible explanations. One can be open-minded and demand a high standard of evidence i.e. be a skeptic as well. You seem more credulous and attracted to a conspiracy narrative than open-minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom