• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever rained in any of the MCU movies?

Yes?

Thor-2-The-Dark-World-Official-Photo-Jane-Foster-Rain-570x379.jpg

Liamario

Banned
Is it possible that Loki is running Asgard like the Roman Empire, where he is having these colosseum type games for his own entertainment.

I hope that Taika delivers. Thor is by far my least favorite of the Avengers, both in comics and movies, but him fighting with or against Hulk for serious... well, that's something.

SpaceWolf

Banned
First look at Cate Blanchett as Hela (sans headpiece)??

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/766112511175208960

3uEDKp0Q.jpg

NNejJ5Id.jpg

170645523_eacbb1ad37.jpg

Still so psyched they brought Cate Blanchett onboard for this. If there was any way to reinvigorate my interest in the Thor franchise after the brutal disappointment of the previous two films, it was in somehow getting Cate Blanchett to sign up with the cast. My absolute favourite actress.

"YOUR BIRTHRIGHT-TUH WAS TO DIE."

"HAEEEEEGH!"

This isn't a suicide squad thread so I'm just going to leave it at: I'd rather see a movie with style and character and some essence of creativity than one that's nearly as flawed with none of the above. Disagree with me if you want, it's your opinion and I won't argue with you over it but that's just mine.
Can we not have another thread derailed by Suicide Squad and Thor 2 discussion.

I mean, I get that this is related to Thor 2, but let's not.
Yeah sorry for contributing to that. We've already had three threads for that.

SS has non of that
Great job reading the entire post.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can we not have another thread derailed by Suicide Squad and Thor 2 discussion.

I mean, I get that this is related to Thor 2, but let's not.

This isn't a suicide squad thread so I'm just going to leave it at: I'd rather see a movie with style and character and some essence of creativity than one that's nearly as flawed with none of the above. Disagree with me if you want, it's your opinion and I won't argue with you over it but that's just mine.

Yeah sorry for contributing to that. We've already had three threads for that.

The funny thing is that I don't even know which of the two titles you are complaining about.

Showaddy

This isn't a suicide squad thread so I'm just going to leave it at: I'd rather see a movie with style and character and some essence of creativity than one that's nearly as flawed with none of the above.

Suicide Squad has none of the above though, just utter drizzling shit from beginning to end.

"yes!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
Is really the only place this is going to go. This isn't a suicide squad thread and opinions differ among people
You guys have already been asked to cut it out since its going to derail the thread so just cut it out.

BLACKLAC

This isn't a suicide squad thread and opinions differ among people

Next time when you're trying to make a weak plea not to talk about something don't go ahead and talk about it in the same post "Lets not talk about it, but here is the final word". Especially when you are the one quoting the 3 day old post, that was spot on.

Next time when you're trying to make a weak plea not to talk about something don't go ahead and talk about it in the same post "Lets not talk about it, but here is the final word". Especially when you are the one quoting the 3 day old post, that was spot on.
A three day old post that was spot on that had nothing to do with Thor:Ragnorak. Ok bud.

zsynqx

Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being my favourite MCU film with Taika Waititi at the helm. Only concern is that he has never tackled a project anywhere near this size.

Not

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being my favourite MCU film with Taika Waititi at the helm. Only concern is that he has never tackled a project anywhere near this size.

Like James Gunn, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.?

Nothing like Suicide Squad/DCEU rage to give the Thor thread a little bump :')
Either way, I'm pretty excited for Ragnorak, it seems that they're pushing a lot harder into fantasy and expanding the Hulk outside of being a powerhouse for the Avengers to use every now and again. The first two movies I found really boring and feel like they really underutilized their source material, the second especially so I'm glad to see them going in the opposite direction. Hopefully it bodes well for the film's quality overall. Outside of Spiderman and GOTG this is probably the MCU film I'm looking forward too most.

tomtom94

Waititi beat out much more experienced directors to win the job. Depending on your level of cynicism, it's either because Marvel have faith in his vision or they think he won't rock the boat.

I'm personally in the former camp. I have a feeling the next few MCU movies are going to put to rest the idea that all Marvel movies are the same and directors have no freedom.

(Like Gunn, it's important to remember he has industry veterans in charge of the big second-unit stuff, so he will presumably be focussing more on the character interactions - something he's very good at)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom