• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 Free October 16-22

black_vegeta said:
Best Buy will price match this correct???
Not unless you have a super nice Best Buy

AniHawk said:
i just found a $25 gift card to toys r us and it's gotta be at least 8 or 9 years old. good timing, what with batman coming out. gonna get that, kirby ds, and tetris axis, i guess.

i'd hold off on batman since black friday will see better deals for arkham city, but i can't think of a third game to combine with kirby and tetris, unless catherine's hit a cheaper price point.
Fan of Layton?

Was browsing Amazon for games I might want and I had totally forgotten about Okamiden. Might get Kirby, Aliens, and Okamiden. Maybe. I sort of barely have the money, but if I don't take advantage of this more than likely I'm never playing Kirby or Okamiden.

I really wish I would have waited for this to get Tetris Axis. It's fine, not quite as good as the DS but I was surprised by the presentation and all the modes are decent at worst. I guess I knew what I was paying for but the fact remains it's just Tetris again.

I got it at Target so it doesn't matter a whole lot since I got the $10 gift card, but if I had waited for this it would have been easier to convince myself to throw in Aliens and Okami.

AniHawk

oh, i didn't realize ratchet & clank was coming out next week. hm, that might put a damper on my plans. i'll wait for the reviews to kick in on that one.

I really want batman and gears but there really isn't a 3rd game I want, and with no placeholders anymore I'm stuck with it.

Plus I feel there will be those crazy best buy deals in the next two months where all the new games drop to $30 like last year

jediyoshi

Ken Masters said:
I really want batman and gears but there really isn't a 3rd game I want, and with no placeholders anymore I'm stuck with it.

Choose random popular third game
Turn it around on craigslist
$$

Jive Turkey said:
Which begs the question: Why not just save some money? You have all year to save up.

Because I have more important bills and needs than leaving 130 bucks sitting around waiting for TRU to do their sale all year long. Being a freelance artist, and having long bouts of no work can really suck.

Dark Souls, ICO and Shadow Collection, God of War Origins for $100 sounds enticing...

but my housemate just bought Dark Souls and we work different times so there is plenty of time to play when he is not there.

Think I will have to pass on this deal. Still a seemingly good deal considering the amount of titles available.

Thinking of getting Dark Souls, Resistance 3 and Batman but man I haven't purchased a game at full price for quite awhile so I dont know.

Irish

SamuraiX- said:
Whoa, whoa, huh?

I don't see InFamous 2 anywhere on the list? :O

Any game in the store should work for the sale. That list was just showing off the recent titles.

rdrr gnr

In order to get B: AC, one would have to show up after the 18th, right? I'm considering: RAGE, Resistance 3, and B: AC.

Unfortunately, none of these titles are "must-buys" for me this year, as compared to games like BF3, U3 and AC: R. Thus, I need to allocate my funds appropriately.

How good do the deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday get? Does Amazon partake? What are the chances that the deals on Cyber Monday will be more pertinent to the titles I'm interested in than this Toy R Us deal?

dreamer3kx said:
Thinking of getting Dark Souls, Resistance 3 and Batman but man I haven't purchased a game at full price for quite awhile so I dont know.

When you pick up 3 games you're looking at approximately $43 per game.

black_vegeta said:
Best Buy will price match this correct???
I tried this at Best Buy and Walmart the last time Toys R Us did this.

Walmart told me they would lose too much money. Best Buy just said they couldn't do it.

dreamer3kx said:
Once you get used to not getting caught up in hype and waiting to buy games once they drop in price (which really doesn't take long recently anyway) it's so hard to pay full price for a game.

Is this online or in-store only? I don't even know where the nearest Toys-R-Us is. I really, really hope Amazon matches this.

Gandara

Typical what happens with me is that I end up getting too many games and would have saved more money if I bought them as I finish one game. For example Infamous 2 can be found at best buy for $45 now, and any other game getting released I can wait until next year.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get Arkham City CE and the deal will still apply?

AniHawk

To Far Away Times said:
This sale is a couple of weeks too early. )=

you can buy games and return them within 45 days as long as they aren't opened. so if you wanted to get batman, uncharted 3, and skyrim, you'd get two games and batman, and then bring all three back with a receipt the day skyrim comes out. they'll exchange the two games for uc3 and skyrim, and you'll get batman free.

not all stores do this, so ymmv. i have personally done it though, no problems.

Phenomic

To Far Away Times said:
This sale is a couple of weeks too early. )=

I think they normally do it in October though to be honest, but I have to agree. I think I had that feeling last time as well.

AniHawk said:
you can buy games and return them within 45 days as long as they aren't opened. so if you wanted to get batman, uncharted 3, and skyrim, you'd get two games and batman, and then bring all three back with a receipt the day skyrim comes out. they'll exchange the two games for uc3 and skyrim, and you'll get batman free.

not all stores do this, so ymmv. i have personally done it though, no problems.
CAG's thread on the subject says this has been changed to company-wide policy to require all three games back if one is getting exchanged.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Damn hopefully Amazon matches because none of the TRUs in my area carry Dark Souls...so hopefully Amazon comes through. I'm going to get Dark Souls, Rage and Batman. Hopefully Target does their annual one in November and I'll pick up Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim.

AniHawk

ShockingAlberto said:
CAG's thread on the subject says this has been changed to company-wide policy to require all three games back if one is getting exchanged.
...so even if all three are unopened at the time of the return, you have to exchange all three for just two? that kinda sucks.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Batman Ark City, Dark Souls + ??? Going to have to cancel my Ark City order at newegg I guess god damn lol.

Already got Forza 4 LCE otherwise I'd get another copy of FM 4, I wonder what my 3rd should be, another copy of Ark City to sell on craigslist or some shit?

Pretty sad my local TRU moved locations. I actually have no idea where they moved to either. Kind of the end of an era as they've been in the same spot for over 20 years. :(

Slayer-33 said:
Batman Ark City, Dark Souls + ??? Going to have to cancel my Ark city order at newegg I guess god damn lol.

Already got Forza 4 LCE otherwise I'd get another copy of FM 4, I wonder what my 3rd should be, another copy of Ark City to sell on craigslist or some shit?

If you don't want a third game why do it? Or if you're planning on selling it just get any current popular game.

SamuraiX-

Irish said:
Any game in the store should work for the sale. That list was just showing off the recent titles.

Oh, wow.

I'm probably gonna have to jump on this then.

Dark Souls, Batman: Arkham City, and InFamous 2.

omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mindlog said:
The sale is live, but there are a lot people reporting abysmal title selection. Where is Adam Scott as Batman?
In store everything in stock is available for sale right?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Holy fuck thankfully I went to check my preorder status for batman on newegg and I just noticed I had 2 copies of BF3 for the pc preordered on different dates at $47 a piece, whew lol...

That would have been a fun surprise...

FUCK.

The only week throughout the year I absolutely cannot spend money (going to a cousin's wedding this weekend in Michigan, need to save for car trip/hotel, wont have "real job" for another 2 weeks)

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I really want to get Batman:AC, Dark Souls, and Deus Ex:HR out of this deal, but by the time I play through 1 of them, 5 more games I want to play will be out, and by the time I'm done with 5 of the total 8, the last 3 will probably be under $40.

In other words, they've timed this sale very smartly, and I'm probably better off saving the money for a new TV on Black Friday and settling with being patient with Gamefly.

I liked the Buy 1 Get 1 Half off Sale that they did with 3DS games on the day of release. :3

Would love to get Kirby, Pokemon Rumble Blast, and Kirby Wii in this deal but the latter two aren't out until the 24th. :/

overcast

Going on Tuesday to get Batman, Gears, and Dark Souls. In store obviously. What are the chances 1 of these aren't there, slim right?

Top Bottom