• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 167 |OT| The Decisioning of Johnny Hendricks by the Coward GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

1,2,4 Hendricks. Didn't think that was really a dispute. Oh well. "I don't remember the fight. I've been punched so I can't answer questions."

terrible

Banned
0.gif

Look what I just found.

He tapped out in round 1

I noticed that live too, definitely looked like he tapped but he didn't look like he was in enough trouble to tap so it doesn't really make sense.

Fifty

They are trying to find Georges. He forgot where he was and wandered off.

GSP said:
“I can’t say something happen to me. I have no proof. I just don’t know. But I’m going to tell you something and I’m going to be honest about it. Sometimes, I’m looking at the clock. And It’s like I wake up and I look at the clock right after, and it’s like the clock advance like four hours, or two hours. There’s a time zone that I don’t remember what happened…. Or I can drive my car and it already happen. I drove my car in a normal day, going somewhere, and I look, and it’s two hour pass. Two hour had just pass like this (snaps fingers) … This is like a third-type encounter.”

Aliens man, aliens.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/gsps-close-encounters

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1,2,4 Hendricks. Didn't think that was really a dispute. Oh well. "I don't remember the fight. I've been punched so I can't answer questions."
Plenty of fighters have made similar comments about not remembering a fight or moments in it.

Jayhawk

This fight just reinforces my belief that the unified MMA rules suck for scoring, and that PRIDE rules were awesome.

That was a tap... ouch. Looks like he went for it half a second before gsp let go lol. Mind you, I don't think it counts as a tap, because gsp let go right as it was about to happen. So he was GOING to.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

As it happened I thought it was either a draw or a really close round for GSP. Standup was really close, GSP had a takedown that led to a submission attempt so I gave him the slight edge. Hendricks's takedown in round three led to nothing, so I gave that one to GSP. People complaining about bad judging when they should be complaining about bad rules just makes it seem like nobody knows the rules. Aside from the first round there seems to be no objection to how the fight was scored. So how does one close round going the other way make it a robbery?

SRTtoZ

Conference is starting!

The post fight is on FS1 now? Damn, I get that in HD. I been skipping the fuel ones because Fios doesnt carry Fuel HD.

ShogunX

LOL You're tripping hard. Watch more MMA outside of GSP fights.

Was weird though. Noticed it at the time, no reason for Hendricks to make a tapping motion in that situation at all.

I know it was nothing but why would Hendricks run the risk of potentially being stopped? Few things about the UFC have been a little shady recently.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
While people might think this decision is "bad" for the UFC, it's literally the exact opposite.

1 - This gets a TON of press now, good or bad
2 - This sets up a rematch, where hendricks will try to knock GSP out next fight.

Uncle Danga creamin his pants. More surgery for card girls.

Heel

@arielhelwani 4m
Oh man. You must must see Dana's intv on the post-fight show on FS 1. Can't remember him this mad in a while. Trust me on this.

Keith Kizer and NSAC about to get soul burnt.

I think Johnny won easy, but that still kinda looked weird. Like he was gunna tap. So calm down folks. No one is trying to justify GSP winning lol.

And definitely beats Shogun/Machida 1 as worst title fight decision.

Madness

I had Hendricks win 3-2, but I could see judges give a round to GSP who had the superior striking, octagon control, pushed the pace. All comes down to whether you view takedown and ground and pound late in the round more important than standup.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
they prob won't start the conference until 2 eastern, the time the post show is over on fs1.

edit: IT'S ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom