• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Edgar vs. Maynard winner against Melendez to unify the belts.

Ben "Smooth" Henderson vs. Clay "The WEC Dream Killer" Guida for #1 contender in the meantime.

BOOK IT.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh good now we have an incoming does of Bendo's "personality".

PRAISE GAWD

sien916 said:
Ben "Smooth" Henderson vs. Clay "The WEC Dream Killer" Guida for #1 contender in the meantime.

Battle of the crazy hair.

I scored it 28-28 but I'm probably the only one. Miller dominated the grappling so thoroughly in round 2 that I couldn't give it to Henderson despite opening a cut and landing a good flurry at the end. Miller's round 3 knockdown nearly swayed me to score that one 10-10 as well.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is tough to watch. Huge fan of both guys, but Miller would have to be lucky to find himself in the title picture again. Amazing performance by Henderson though. I'd love to see him fight either Edgar or Guida, both could be fight of the year candidates.

parasight

Ben Henderson is a fucking bad ass. I love him. Can't believe he thoroughly dominated Miller like that. I felt he was gonna win, but in that kinda fashion was a definite surprise.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
BigKaboom2 said:
I scored it 28-28 but I'm probably the only one. Miller dominated the grappling so thoroughly in round 2 that I couldn't give it to Henderson despite opening a cut and landing a good flurry at the end.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

The most impressive thing about Benson is every technique, be it striking or grappling, is thrown with such explosiveness and pure nastiness. Beautiful to watch. It's like he's trying to murder his opponent with every move. For Jesus.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bendo vs Baby Jay at all. Next fight is probably Guida though. Please Bendo praise God all you want if it means you kick that hairy blankets ass.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Miller came in thinking he can sub Bendo.

Should of kept it on the feet.

Anyway great fight, I had Miller as a pick, but love both guys.

Well deserved win for Bendo. WEC represent!

Sinatar

BigKaboom2 said:
I scored it 28-28 but I'm probably the only one. Miller dominated the grappling so thoroughly in round 2 that I couldn't give it to Henderson despite opening a cut and landing a good flurry at the end.

I can certainly see a case for Miller taking round 1 but he got proper fucked in the following two.

BigKaboom2 said:

huh what? Miller exposed himself with those failed sub attempts. There is no way dude.

BigKaboom2 said:
I scored it 28-28 but I'm probably the only one. Miller dominated the grappling so thoroughly in round 2 that I couldn't give it to Henderson despite opening a cut and landing a good flurry at the end. Miller's round 3 knockdown nearly swayed me to score that one 10-10 as well.

Sanford-Son-LOL.gif

Bad game plan sticking with the sub attempts throughout the fight. Miller should have switched to stand up in starting in round 2.

Miller got fucking dominated.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ninja Scooter said:
Miller is getting fucking embarrassed. Not looking like a guy who was ready for a title shot at all. Back to the drawing board, Jimmy.

i really think it was a poor gameplan. miller seemed to just go for a nice sub to ensure a great performance and title shot. i think he took him lightly.

dream said:
Listen to that pop. This was a star making performance for Benson.

seriously, shut the fuck up about this! LOL

BigKaboom2 said:
30-26 is a joke.

yeah it is. 30-27 i can do, though i scored it 29-28

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
op_ivy said:
i really think it was a poor gameplan. miller seemed to just go for a nice sub to ensure a great performance and title shot. i think he took him lightly.

Yup. He tried to showcase more of his ground game which showed that he has an active guard. Thing is Bendo is hard to submit, and Miller underestimated that. Should of kept it on the feet would of made it more competitive.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
op_ivy said:
He definitely took him lightly. Miller has trash talked the WEC guys before.

Sinatar

dream said:
See, Sinatar? Fighters with personalities are fun.

UFC On Versus 5: Proving Dream Right

The fight was awesome, the post fight interview was pointless fluff.

EDIT: Time for Hardy to get handed his walking papers. Hopefully by being brutally smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom