• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VOX: SNL made fun of Trump's compulsive tweeting. 45 mins later, Trump tweeted about

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember where I read it, but Trump has a service that accumulates all mentions of him in the media and delivers it to him each day. Obviously, he must've been watching SNL to respond so quickly to the sketch, which further shows how obsessed he is with his celebrity.
Sad!

I'd love if there was any proof to that claim.

kevin1025

Banned
Sad!

I'd love if there was any proof to that claim.

It would take forever to find the article, but I remember reading that one of his assistants clips out news articles mentioning him and he reads them over at his desk every day. That was back during the business days, though, before all this nonsense.

Dishwalla

Banned
It's endlessly funny to me that the right criticizes the "safe space" concept yet the president they elected is the biggest poster child for them. Guy cries about everything.

GuyKazama

I can't remember where I read it, but Trump has a service that accumulates all mentions of him in the media and delivers it to him each day. Obviously, he must've been watching SNL to respond so quickly to the sketch, which further shows how obsessed he is with his celebrity.

Maybe in the past, but today a tape like that would take hours to consume each day. He has his favorite shows, and I'm sure his advisors brief him on specific reports that crop up.

Eidan

Yeah, shit's really overrated because it manages to piss off Trump, to which I say what doesn't piss him off?
I've yet to see a better Trump impersonation than Baldwin's. Bonus points for pissing off the orange cancer himself.

Batman7

Banned
Member when Trump used to be obsessed with Robert Pattinson on twitter?

CK9kCOaWoAEFO4o.png

How can anybody like Trump? If anybody or any organization makes a joke about him or criticizes him he lashed out like a child. Every single time.

WillyFive

If we're lucky, we'll get another correspondence dinner like Colbert's Bush one.

Yeah, Colbert's speech set the standard for every single one after that. I would think Colbert would be a great person to do the dinner, but I doubt Republicans would let Colbert get within 3 miles of the venue.

ferr

I wonder if Lorne ever actually tries to influence what airs or if he leaves it to the writers.

Well if you'd like to have some insight on how much hand a creator like Lorne has in a show like SNL, check out 30 Rock. There's a Lorne character on there played by... ALEC BALDWIN
conspiracy confirmed etc

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, Colbert's speech set the standard for every single one after that. I would think Colbert would be a great person to do the dinner, but I doubt Republicans would let Colbert get within 3 miles of the venue.

Since it's all about making America great again, aka bringing America back in time, it'll be an incredibly old comedian that tells "take my wife, please" type jokes and yanks on his collar for effect.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-donald-trump-starts-every-day-2015-9

briefly mentioned here but I swore I heard about it years ago. There are services you can pay who will do this for you, and it's actually quite normal for celebrities to employ these services... but it's usually to assist their PR team rather than give them an ego boost while they are drinking orange juice in the morning.

Thanks!

Member when Trump used to be obsessed with Robert Pattinson on twitter?

CK9kCOaWoAEFO4o.png

Jesus Christ.

I felt they should've toned down how stupid he was and the segment of seeing the people who he retweeted wasn't really funny. However, I still felt the segment was overall funny and they went in on some things. Especially when Steve Bannon appeared and the distraction of the media part.

If this election had gone the other way, Alec Baldwin probably would've been playing Bill Clinton.

Not

Banned
This is who we elected as our president after Barack Obama.

Now it makes sense to me. Internet causes growing awareness among white people of differing perspectives, half of those white people sense they're losing power even slightly and go apeshit.

Elandyll

Banned
A real shame she just sucks at running for president.
She did win all three debates, but she and her campaign made 2 crippling mistakes:

1) Taking workers/ Unions for granted in the rust belt
2) Thinking progressives would be grown up enough in Fl, Oh, Pa, Nc, Mi and Wi to realize how F'ed up it would be to have Trump as President and get over their dislike of Hilary Clinton viewed through 25 years of GOP optics.

So all ISIS has to do to get America back into Iraq is tweet "Trump u have small penis just like ur small hands. Come fight us if ur a man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom