• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Gundam 0083 4

nM1FmPgl.png

5q2lQKLl.png

Subtle.

Araki/Monsha rivalry is so forced. smh Some bad foreshadowing too what with the "that's our only spare core fighter" stuff.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 35

ixj9scc3sWdWX.gif

Alright, I take back what I said last week. The only good bit of animation was shown in the preview and it lasted less than a second so all I ended up with was multi-hoof drifting. Thank god this is over (for 3 4 months only ;_;) in 3 weeks.

OreImo not even that pandering compared to other LN incest anime. Its still fun when the show only throwing the hijinks.
Now think about what you just wrote for a few seconds.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW spotted.
RE: The title.
No worries.
RE: The message
I haven't posted on 4chan in a while. But I had a look and the YuruYuri thread are still as bad as I remember them to be. Just a bunch of circlejerking.

And you can totally have (the objectively best girl) Azu-nyan in a witch hat on the side of your screen.

Or do a sing-a-long with some strangers to some quality anime music.
Yeah, customising the chan is pretty important. Couldn't ever go back to the vanilla version. Oh and I see they've added the catalogue in my absence. Now I can't feel elite.

And /a/ sing alongs are terrible. Never listen to a song you like for it may ruin it forever. Also they never have me in them.

Here's my mascot. The clever clogs will spot the obvious joke. For the kayoses of the world here's the punchline.

It's out on the PS3, but it's digital download only.
I believe it is also going to be download only on the Wii U.

Why'd you post a picture of a yacht?
Nice quote.

wonzo

Banned
I knew I recognized those Shinkai clouds. And the shed could only have been the one from TPPIOED where they built the plane.

A very weird thing to photoshop since the shed is completely out of place in the medieval fantasy world of Spice and Wolf.
Maybe it's Holo in the future!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anko is Azu-nyan offspring confirmed.
But likeable.

Now they're just trying to piss of Novid.

iTunes is region-locked by credit card.
Recochoku is also, but...for some reason it takes my American Express card, even though it rejected Visa and MasterCard.
It's DRM-free 320kbps AAC so I'm good with Recochoku.
Good thing I have both an American Express and Visa just in case one is rejected.

these motherfuckers make me sick.

ban this motherfucking sick filth.
I was right.

Saki_ Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A - 14

is that a rape face ? it looks like a rape face .
Well this convinced me to get back into it.

Narag

Man, looking at the original Getter Robo manga, it's weird how New Getter Robo wasn't upping the crazy in the franchise but actually restoring it. :lol

Articalys

Guys, I thought someone would have mentioned here the rumors about Mr. Imaishi's new TV project to supposedly be unveiled at the next Newtype magazine (http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-12518.html). Some people think the 'leaker' is pretty trusty, so we will see...
It's legit. There's a two-page teaser spread in this month's Newtype, almost all text but with no real details of any sort, only a bunch of comments about Imaishi from other people he's worked with over the years, saying they're looking forward to the new project, and the full reveal set for the June issue. It does give us this mysterious sketch though...

Milamber

You know, the evidence for your visual impairment while watching anime just keeps piling up.

I hope you visit the optometrist occasionally.

You make it sound like you're saying, "I buy Playboy for the interesting articles".

Here's a test, the moment you see this picture, what is the first thing that pops to your mind?

It's legit. There's a two-page teaser spread in this month's Newtype, almost all text but with no real details of any sort, only a bunch of comments about Imaishi from other people he's worked with over the years, saying they're looking forward to the new project, and the full reveal set for the June issue. It does give us this mysterious sketch though...

The moment I saw those scissors I immediately though it was an anime adaptation of Akame ga Kiru.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure that wont be the case for us, let's lord it over with our physical Musous.
Isn't it out this week on eShop and I see no physical copies for sale so I believe it is also digital only in Europe and I bet not even at a discounted price. :/

Reknoc

Isn't it out this week on eShop and I see no physical copies for sale so I believe it is also digital only in Europe and I bet not even at a discounted price. :/

Oh you may be right, at least on WiiU, I don't really pay attention too much to WiiU releases since I don't own one. PS3 is physical though.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 10
iUgQ9nE0I9Qds.png

Body swap episode? Body swap episode
This was an interesting episode considering it was one strictly built around character development which seems to be the show's chief strength so far. We get to see more of the character of Diana Soreil which is interesting and potentially answers some questions
for example this episode shows us that at least as far as she is concerned the Moonrace's motives are honest in wanting to avoid a war which re-enforces the staged assassination attempt at the party, my guess would be that there is some sort of internal conflict in the Moonrace's top brass as it may which sort of chimes with the zany Gundam knowing folk from the last episode.
moving on from that as a body swap episode we get some cool gags. Just look at them conspiring like that! Oh and Sochie continues to rule. (she's kinda moe too)

/XX/

Happy Birthday to trejo! Hopefully you had a nice day.
Happy Birthday, Mr. trejo!

I don't get why there's so much sakuga in this show.
The reason this episode is so much like Birdy is because of Ryochimo Sawa. He animated the Karasu/Fukurou fight and was animation director on Birdy.
Yep, and I'm glad he gives the same leeway to those working on projects he supervises. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad was marked as his professional debut, and the funny anecdote Manuloz (as the GAiNAX scholar he is well knows) mentioned at the time was that Ryo-timo didn't enter studio GAiNAX because they weren't convinced by his portfolio (http://www.manganimation.net/news/2008/06/sakuga-dump-4-ryo-chimo)! The good thing is that Satoru Utsunomiya always trusted in him...

It's the way for nerds to claim superiority over the normal people and their normal tastes.
Superiority? Nah, I see it as totally the other way! A way of going over a complex that some are conscient of it. This is more like a barrier of some sorts.

That's the fun in the website in that everything is anonymous.
Except when it isn't! People forget that essence and go for easy recognition... what some spot as "tripf**s", "namef**s", "avatarf**s" like an attack that it really isn't, just a way of categorize. Standing-out is totally unnecessary...

wonzo

Banned
STOP PREACHING TO THE CHOIR! ALSO I'M AT WORK!
That ain't directed at you and our fellow Polar Bear nakama's but the scrubs who refuse to pick up the second best show of 2012 while whining about a lack of stuff to watch this season.

polarbear15cr.jpg

BluWacky

Yep, and I'm glad he gives the same leeway to those working on projects he supervises. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad was marked as his professional debut, and the funny anecdote Manuloz (as the GAiNAX scholar he is well knows) mentioned at the time was that Ryo-timo didn't enter studio GAiNAX because they weren't convinced by his portfolio (http://www.manganimation.net/news/2008/06/sakuga-dump-4-ryo-chimo)! The good thing is that Satoru Utsunomiya always trusted in him...

Oh, thank you for the correction re: Ryochimo's first professional work! I must admit there is a certain similarity between his style and Osamu Kobayashi's so I can see them being a good fit together. Ryochimo does a lot more action work, though, whereas Kobayashi seems more interested in working in "reality".

Good old Utsunomiya. He may not be able to draw people very well, but he's still a great animator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom