• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Comments like these worry me. I'm like, more than halfway through the show (I think?) and it's great. Can the last third really be so bad?
No, I mean, the first cour is great! It's what follows what knocked it off my AotY list to "never touch again" territory.

cajunator

Banned
Why would you watch bad anime than the good one?

because it exists, silly!

Wreck-It Ralph was genuinely better than Brave. Not that Mamoru Hosoda didn't get jobbed!

wreck it ralph was such a fun movie.
Especially the adorable Sugar Rush part.
much better than Brave, although I liked that too.

Oh Goddamit, getting my anime urges again :c
I hate myself for not being able to keep up with anime, I always start watching one and stop. The only anime I followed was Naruto back in the day. What can I do, AnimeGAF lords?

anime is extremely hard to keep up with.
the amount of stuff that comes out every season is staggering.
much of it is not very good so you can afford to be selective.

Nonhumanoids, monsters, and crying babies, was the perfect recipe for awfulness.

Superior ride!

300px-TD02-001EN.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You blew my mind. I didn't know Kamogawa was a city.

For me it was just the Kyoto river. I need to go there now. Probably next month.

Thank you.

And, over a year after it began airing, Rinne no Lagrange finally convinced someone to visit Kamogawa. We've singlehandedly saved the project from being a complete disaster.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So it's like Eureka Seven, where I should watch just the first season and live with the happiness and forget that Astral Ocean exists?
Lagrange's second season is just a disappointing follow-up. Eureka Seven AO is a case of taking a beloved original out of its grave, opening the coffin with a crowbar, and then buttfucking the corpse.

Narag

Lagrange's second season is just a disappointing follow-up. Eureka Seven AO is a case of taking a beloved original out of its grave, opening the coffin with a crowbar, and then buttfucking the corpse.

I haven't seen either yet but that OVA sure was entertaining.

And, over a year after it began airing, Rinne no Lagrange finally convinced someone to visit Kamogawa. We've singlehandedly saved the project from being a complete disaster.

Do "we" and "singlehandedly" even work together? :p

But seriously, I didn't know there was a city with this name. I'm that bad at geography :/

You're... going to Chiba all the way from Kyoto to see Kamogawa?! Err.. go to DisneySea at least?

After I graduated I moved from Kyoto to live in Tokyo. So it's not tha far from where I live now ^^

Edit: Damn, I still have 3h of train :( I guess I won't go...

yami4ct

AO is so bad, it realizes it and writes itself out of existence. If we can take solace in anything, it's that fact.

cajunator

Banned
You know, this is actually a pretty good overall list. I mean, it's great because Hyouka is #1, but it's even better that I can just say go through the list to people.

AnimeGAF is evolving.

all of those shows are excellent but its not like animegaf doesn't have a feel for what is good or not.
this place has always had great taste.

Persona 4 The Animation 13 - 26 thirdWatch dubwatch

Finally done with the dub and the last episode still remains my favorite for that whole fight. Now that Ive been through the story three times guess Ill definitely finally go and play Persona 4 finally (after finishing Generation of Chaos Pandora's Reflection and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3). The p4anime soundtrack so god. Ignorance is not Bliss.

Dubissue, Ichigo Kurosaki talking to a more whiny voiced Ichigo Kurosaki was just plain odd especially in those key moments :/ I hope companies can avoid this type of double casting in the future.

CorvoSol

So okay, let's rank these.

TBO being the best not amazing follow up possible, and AO being the worst, does Rinne no Lagrange's 2nd season rank above or below Gundam SEED Destiny?

zeroshiki

After I graduated I moved from Kyoto to live in Tokyo. So it's not tha far from where I live now ^^

Edit: Damn, I still have 4h of train :( I guess I won't go...

Its really far :lol Its far off Chiba, not the fake Chiba near Maihama/Disney.

We're one step closer to the fabled AnimeGaf meetup. Now we just need sonicmj1 to get on a train and for ponpo to hurry his ass up and get here.

yami4ct

Persona 4 The Animation 13 - 26 thirdWatch dubwatch
Dubissue, Ichigo Kurosaki talking to a more whiny voiced Ichigo Kurosaki was just plain odd especially in those key moments :/ I hope companies can avoid this type of double casting in the future.

Casting JYB as Yu was a hilarious thing they kind of got stuck with from the game protagonist being silent. Even though he voiced Adachi as well, when it was a few lines here and there JYB worked fine as Yu. They should have recast him when they went full voiced, though. I get why they didn't, but it would have been a better choice.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Do "we" and "singlehandedly" even work together? :p

But seriously, I didn't know there was a city with this name. I'm that bad at geography :/

That's just a linguistic peculiarity, I suppose. If you're referring to a group (like the entirety of AnimeGAF), depending on your perspective it can be singular if you view it as one entity or plural if you view it as the individuals that comprise the group. By saying "we" instead of "I", I was giving credit to the thread rather than myself.

That's actually one of the differences between British and American English--when referring to the actions of corporations and organizations, the British would tend to say, for example, "Nintendo are" while Americans would tend to say "Nintendo is".

Its really far :lol Its far off Chiba, not the fake Chiba near Maihama/Disney.

We're one step closer to the fabled AnimeGaf meetup. Now we just need sonicmj1 to get on a train and for ponpo to hurry his ass up and get here.

Disney is already far from where Ilive, I'm betwen Shinagawa and Yokohama...

Do you live in Japan too? We should make an AnimeGAF hang out some day.

That's just a linguistic peculiarity, I suppose. If you're referring to a group (like the entirety of AnimeGAF), depending on your perspective it can be singular if you view it as one entity or plural if you view it as the individuals that comprise the group. By saying "we" instead of "I", I was giving credit to the thread rather than myself.

That's actually one of the differences between British and American English--when referring to the actions of corporations and organizations, the British would tend to say, for example, "Nintendo are" while Americans would tend to say "Nintendo is".

Thank you for the explanations. II'm not a native English speaker so this kind of things is welcome to me. I think I can speak English well for a foreigne, but there are still cases where I miss some grammar and special rules.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Silly Regulus. Because the Jersey Club is there. Who wouldn't want to meet Madoka?
I rather see Muginami. dem mugis
They're fairly attractive aliens. Maybe they have the technology to give me a sex change for the day so I can get my yuri on with some of Lan's people.
I can be yuri for you for a day if that's what you want to see.
So okay, let's rank these.

TBO being the best not amazing follow up possible, and AO being the worst, does Rinne no Lagrange's 2nd season rank above or below Gundam SEED Destiny?
I don't know, I don't watch Gundam. Gimme my super robots instead!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Thank you for the explanations. II'm not a native English speaker so this kind of things is welcome to me. I think I can speak English well for a foreigne, but there are still cases where I miss some grammar and special rules.

Believe me, I have all the sympathy in the world for anyone trying to pick up this mess of a language. Feel free to inquire any time if you see a word or phrase that strikes you as odd or contrary to what you believe to be correct.

Too bad, should have been licensed by Sentai.

"Bi Beach Babes in Big 'Bots from Beyond"

A+++

I'd shop the cover right now if I wasn't so tired.

Believe me, I have all the sympathy in the world for anyone trying to pick up this mess of a language. Feel free to inquire any time if you see a word or phrase that strikes you as odd or contrary to what you believe to be correct.

Thanks. I'll remember it when I see something strange.

cajunator

Banned
I can vividly recall not so long ago when Sentai filmworks screwed up anime releases under the proud name of ADV. I miss them dearly ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom