• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipeOut HD - new screens (wow!)

aeolist

Banned
Every game needs to go with awesome image quality and framerate before they start throwing in mad mapping and polygons. Looks great, good to know it won't just be great in screens.

Chittagong said:
TDR or not TDR? Hard to tell - I'm leaning towards no, although the artwork looks a lot better than the last crappy attempts. They just need to bring back TDR.

tDR is not likely to work with Sony ever again. Things didn't go so smoothly between tDR and a certain Sony suit during the Wip3out project, and Ian was quite vocal about never working with Sony again after that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kenta said:
How do you do this without getting torn to shreds? I can't say anything slightly critical of GT5P without a string of replies calling me an Xbot or whatever, do you have an alliance I can join for protection?

I completely 100% agree with you though, PD had a good run

Edit: also these are 720p shots, it sounds like this will be upscaled to 1080p? I don't mind as long as it's rock solid 60fps

nono, it's true 1080p. And it's 60fps. And IQ is basically the same you see in those pics. I was floored first time I saw that pre-alpha code.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kittonwy said:
I think they will have new tracks in the future but I don't think it's a good idea to throw out the old tracks if those are really fun.

It's nice to see Liverpool starting to show they can deliver, now only London (outside of Singstar) and Cambridge are left.

thanx for losing F1 license

at least we know London Studio guys are working on some stuff like Home and The Getaway and they just released 2 SingStar games for PS2 and PS3 , but Cambridge ( Ghosthunter is one of my fav PS2 games ) after MediEvil Resurrection ( that 2005 ) they didn't do anything at all .

DigitalSoul said:
Did that game ever get released? I wasn't really paying attention :p
Yeah but in an odd turn of events.

It was delayed as a PS3 exclusive... then a 360 version was revealed to release half a year before the PS3 version.

Came out this fall; bombed, critically ravaged, etc.

Blueblur1

It looks great but some of the screens seem a little bland. I'll wait until I see more before I can say that I'm impressed.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TTP said:
In a way, it has. I had a lot of respect of Polyphony Digital before this GT5P crap. Other devs are so much more ahead it's not even funny. Wipeout HD looked 10x more awesome than GT5P back at Game Convention 07. And it was a pre-alpha build.

:lol :lol

wow!

Kittonwy

Banned
Totobeni said:

at least we know London Studio guys are working on some stuff like Home and The Getaway and they just released 2 SingStar games for PS2 and PS3 , but Cambridge ( Ghosthunter is one of my fav PS2 games ) after MediEvil Resurrection ( that 2005 ) they didn't do anything at all .

I wonder how expensive the F1 license was. I guess now they can concentrate on Wipeout and maybe look to see if they can start a new IP.

bathala

Banned
i'm still waiting for a Tokyo like night scene. With all billboards and neon signs that'll show the power of PS3 (add rain)

Dibbz

Holy Shit it has textures! Fuck looks like some of ND's work. Very impressive.

There are some old shots in there though. Basically all the new ones are the awesome sexy shots.

Metalmurphy said:
Well they were pretty positive of the E3 showing and the hands on they had.

I'm referring to the price and how they said they'd knock a point off Warhawk's score if it was over 30 dollars on PSN.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TTP said:
In a way, it has. I had a lot of respect of Polyphony Digital before this GT5P crap. Other devs are so much more ahead it's not even funny. Wipeout HD looked 10x more awesome than GT5P back at Game Convention 07. And it was a pre-alpha build.

your GT5P hate is getting old.

bathala said:
i'm still waiting for a Tokyo like night scene. With all billboards and neon signs that'll show the power of PS3 (add rain)
Violent acid rain would be nice, spiritual successor Talon's Reach.

Doubledex

Banned
TTP said:
lol please STFU!

Totobeni said:
but Cambridge ( Ghosthunter is one of my fav PS2 games ) after MediEvil Resurrection ( that 2005 ) they didn't do anything at all .
Cambridge worked on 24 The Game on PS2 (although Take Two published it), from what I believe. I remember also hearing they handled the Heavenly Sword demo for Ninja Theory. I think they'll reveal something sometime this year.

Wipeout HD definitely looks impressive. Definitely cannot wait. :D

Kittonwy

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:
Cambridge worked on 24 The Game on PS2 (although Take Two published it), from what I believe. I remember also hearing they handled the Heavenly Sword demo for Ninja Theory. I think they'll reveal something sometime this year.

Wipeout HD definitely looks impressive. Definitely cannot wait. :D

Cambridge always had the tech, I just wish they have quality gameplay designs to go with the tech.

Doc Evils

Totobeni said:

They helped Ninja Theory with Heavenly Sword.

This was the game that made me take the PS3 plunge back in July. These delays have left me a little bitter (Nov, Jan, ???), but damn those screens melt all levels of bitterness away.

kenta

Has no PEINS
mr_nothin said:
TTP does this forum a good service but he's getting pretty ridiculous with his comments now....
He speaks the truth, though, there are serious image quality issues with GT5P. Issues which are all absent from this game, mind you, which is why it's so freaking impressive. A downloadable stopgap title being more jaw-dropping than a Gran Turismo release is something nobody really expected, and these guys need a pat on the back rather than a bunch of people putting on their Franchise Loyalty Blinders

What is the estimated release date? Wasn't it supposed to be December for a long time? Has it been delayed a long time or is it just hold-up at CERT?

kenta said:
He speaks the truth, though, there are serious image quality issues with GT5P. Issues which are all absent from this game, mind you, which is why it's so freaking impressive. A downloadable stopgap title being more jaw-dropping than a Gran Turismo release is something nobody really expected, and these guys need a pat on the back rather than a bunch of people putting on their Franchise Loyalty Blinders

Have you actually played GT5P? Because that shit you just said is ridiculous.

That's looks pretty damn nice.

As for the other things stated in this thread....heh...yeah, no...IQ alone ain't going to impress me over the other's overall technical prowess. That's just nutty.

Top Bottom