• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 08•07-09•15 - Gifted MI5 cruises by F4. DBZ fans still warm 4 Frieza's form

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No shit, no shit. Henry Cavill's really only known to the general public as the guy who played Superman. So was Christopher Reeve in the first few years after playing him. That's all I was saying. The conversation was about name recognition. Neither really had it so soon after playing Superman.

I like it.

I don't even think people know him for that. For acting in a Superhero film, he still seems basically unknown.

jmood88

Straight Outta Compton took in just under $5M from Thursday previews. Unless the film is really frontloaded this weekend, that suggests a $50M+ opening.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. had $900k in previews.
Nothing about that movie look entertaining and Cavill continues to be a charisma black hole.

Lima

Cavill is just unnecessarily attractive. Like he is making me question my sexuality at times. What he is not however is a good actor. His performances are about as bland as it can get.

He is just a pretty man and hey that is something alright.

strafer

Cavill is just unnecessarily attractive. Like he is making me question my sexuality at times. What he is not however is a good actor. His performances are about as bland as it can get.

He is just a pretty man and hey that is something alright.

this is like the worst comment ever made

The marketing for Compton was masterful. Releasing a stealth Dr. Dre. album like a week before release was just the cherry on the hype sundae to get people in the mood for that movie. Whoever was in charge of marketing deserves a huge bonus.

It was legit good. But it also glossed over or completely omitted key info from the group's history (hello Dee Barnes).

a 2 hour biopic is never going to be a comprehensive retelling of history. This isn't a Ken Burns documentary here. And the Dee Barnes thing would be a difficult thing to reconcile in a relatively short movie. What are you going to do, have a scene where Dre beats her up, and then have Dre come out at the end mid-credits MCU style and apologize and say he hasn't done it since? What purpose does that event have in the greater story? I've seen it mentioned now a few times in SOC threads like it's some sort of bullet point and it seems overly nitpicky.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
What a terrible year for WB with the exception of San Andreas, Mad Max, and Magic Mike.

Bomba list:

- Focus
- Jupiter Ascending
- Vacation
- Entourage
- Hot Pursuit
- Run All Night
- Man from Uncle

Troy

Banned
The marketing for Compton was masterful. Releasing a stealth Dr. Dre. album like a week before release was just the cherry on the hype sundae to get people in the mood for that movie. Whoever was in charge of marketing deserves a huge bonus.

a 2 hour biopic is never going to be a comprehensive retelling of history. This isn't a Ken Burns documentary here. And the Dee Barnes thing would be a difficult thing to reconcile in a relatively short movie. What are you going to do, have a scene where Dre beats her up, and then have Dre come out at the end mid-credits MCU style and apologize and say he hasn't done it since? What purpose does that event have in the greater story? I've seen it mentioned now a few times in SOC threads like it's some sort of bullet point and it seems overly nitpicky.

It's a HUGE part of the band's history.

G-Fex

I move to negate the term bomba

from there on end.

and use Bomber

just cause I like Bomberman.

Besides this isn't gaming side.

Stop bringing gaming memes over

vinnygambini

Shit, just realized that Straight Outta Compton is going to beat 8 Mile's (Universal) opening week.

Pretty crazy.

That's really an amazing feat.

vinnygambini

vinnygambini

Did I miss something?

Is the bomba word frowned upon in box-office threads?

you say "bomba" three times in a mirror with the lights off BobbyRoberts shows up to chastise you

same thing with Sculli, but with "Cameron"

and "old" with Slayven

vinnygambini

It's frowned upon period (by me) because it's meaningless, tired catchphrase bullshit that isn't even properly used half the time.

It's the GAF-equivalent of quoting Borat or Austin Powers. It's some Michael Scott shit.

Thanks for the color.

I'll know for future references. Sorry.

Just by Bobby. Don't let it get you down.

you say "bomba" three times in a mirror with the lights off BobbyRoberts shows up to chastise you

same thing with Sculli, but with "Cameron"

and "old" with Slayven

:p

We've already established this thread is the playground of the olds. Or the front porch, rather.

fuck, here's how you know I'm old. I just used "rather" in a sentence.

rnpB8X4.jpg

Chichikov

You have Dre beat her up, then all of a sudden Fuck Compton blares on the speakers.
Everybody turn and see Tim Dog back from the "dead" and he kicks Dre's ass. The rest of the film is a sex tape of him fucking Michel'le to Ultramagnetic.
Oscar lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom