• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (March 12) - New music, alien races and more

Chaos17

Dual blade will be my main weapon :3
iYh5wQz3eiI3V.gif

You godman right.
Did the guy at the left just gone into helicopter mode ? XD

evanmisha

Well, at least this piece doesn't have the grating J-Pop. That's something. His music is still *way* too heavy on the electronics for my tastes.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think J-Pop is? Because of every vocal track I've heard so far, this is what I'd consider the closest to modern J-Pop. Which is to say that it's still a ways off, but getting warmer.

Neo Dark

Woo-hoo. More xenoblade chronicles x music for me to loop for the next few days! This game needs to have a release date (in North America) now!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, at least this piece doesn't have the grating J-Pop. That's something. His music is still *way* too heavy on the electronics for my tastes.

I think the music is suppose to be heavy on the electronics, it is a scifi game with mechas everywhere.

Verger

Banned
Argh. That gameplay battle music. I am praying that the music has been specifically tailored to appeal to the hardcore Japanese anime audience in these videos and the J-Pop Engrish lyrics will be removed because they are just so blatantly out of place, especially in the Localized version

I can see why people have a problem with Sawano's work; they pretty much all have the same blueprint, especially the vocal ones. But I happen to think those vocal tracks, while pretty much all sounding the same, do a great job at getting me pumped for some action. I haven't gotten bored of them yet even though I've seen much of the anime with his works.

Escalario

Banned
Argh. That gameplay battle music. I am praying that the music has been specifically tailored to appeal to the hardcore Japanese anime audience in these videos and the J-Pop Engrish lyrics will be removed because they are just so blatantly out of place, especially in the Localized version

How about NO? This isn't the fucking 80's/early 90's anymore.
Also NEWSFLASH: English isn't the only language people use in the west.

Big One

Banned
The soundtrack is definitely very different from Xenoblade's, but I think it fits this one just as well as the original soundtrack fit the first game. It's very sci-fi based so everything here works I feel. The soundtrack has a very classic 90's mech anime feel to me which is just awesome.

It isn't tailored to a specific target group or anything like that. That is the composer's style for years.
Looks like we crashed the site, guys :(
still working fine for me :p

Thanks. I feel like it's a strange reason to switch.

I think an additional reason, aside from Takahashi being a fan of Sawano's work, is that he wanted a different music style to go with X's change in setting.

The original Xenoblade had a heavy fantasy setting and the soundtrack definitely reflected that. X, on the other hand, is pure sci-fi so Takahashi might have wanted a different type of music than Xenoblade's to further the genre distinction, which in this case would be more synth and lots of vocals.

I completely get why a lot of people who loved Xenoblade's soundtrack aren't caring much for X's music since it's a drastically different style. At the same time, though, X has a drastically different setting so the change in music could simply be another reflection of that. Personally speaking, I've enjoyed most of the tracks I've heard so far, and I think a decent number of them might fit better when heard ingame, as well.

random25

Music sounds fine, really. I never had issues with vocals in BGMs. And so far so good.

Although I really miss ACE+. Most of my favorite Xenoblade tracks came from them, and a lot are rock.

random25

New things, you can emergency escape during battle, wait 15 secs and retreat to the nearest landmark.

Just right when you mentioned that, I saw Gessenkou updated his translations for the website, saying also the same thing. Wonder what kind of mechanic is that? I'm imagining an escape shuttle going down to take the party out of the area lol.

alvis.exe

I want to say in one of the Treehouse videos they died at some point and just respawned at the last landmark.

I remember that! They challenged one of the giant dinosaurs lol.

I think they respawned at the beginning of the area but I can't recall if they discovered any landmarks between there and the lake.

I tend to hate lyrics in games but I loved Madworld partly for the fantastic OST so I'll just wait before judging. Sure, I hate J-pop.

takriel

Reviewers will give this game lots of 9s: "Everything's perfect except for the music, oh god the music!"

I kid, I kid.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im listening to the battle theme on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Apdfz4HNrY
and im liking it better on a relisten, this is probably on purpose as you might be listening to this more than a few times but there have been several songs ive heard from the OST that I was ok to ehhh on to liking a bit more when listening again.

OryoN

img_keyvisual05.png

I believe that black 'space ship' to the top of that image is the one at the end of the E³ 2013 trailer. The satellites things at the side seem to confirm that, along with the color & pattern. However, it appeared to be walking in said trailer, not to mention it had that giant boss sticking out the top of it! Interesting...

This is gonna be one heck of a game. The actual content - though they've only revealed a tiny portion - already seems to be aiming to complement/match the massive scale of the game world.

Top Bottom