• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

tanod

when is my burrito
From the IGN boards, via CAG:
http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=161236949&brd=8269

If you preordered MGS4, there is a bonus disc that includes a code for entering the MGO beta and a few special features.

They were originally scheduled/announced to appear in early April. 77 days to MGS4!

EDIT: Despite previous reports, the Gamestop stores are officially getting their DVD discs on Thursday, April 3rd. They will be calling pre-order holders to remind them to pick it up.

So many MGS threads! Patriots are taking over!!!

That said, Old ;) I guess we can stick to this thread though.

mgs03ul6.jpg

Mamesj

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Is the pre order beta exclusive to gamestop?

I don't think so. According to the FAQ on the pre-order program for MGS4 (somewhere on the playstation blog), it sounded like a bunch of different stores would be taking pre-orders and handing out Saga discs.

Reave

I'll have to check and see if they have them at the store I reserved it at. I'm not missing out on this DVD for anything.

Mamesj

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
all we've got to go on is an ign post right now?

you'll forgive me if i'm a little less than excited here. i need more poofs.

it's pictures of the disc. what else do you want for proof?

Epix

On the Gamestop website it says the preorder comes with a bonus DVD that ships with the game. I thought the beta started April?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WickedLaharl said:
all we've got to go on is an ign post right now?

you'll forgive me if i'm a little less than excited here. i need more poofs.

I thought a pic of the actual disc would be proof.

popping the disc in and recording it in a high quality video would be better proof :lol

Someone want to call my Gamestop for me. I can't get my phone to work right now :eek:

Oni Jazar

Epix said:
On the Gamestop website it says the preorder comes with a bonus DVD that ships with the game. I thought the beta started April?

The beta starts in late April but you can still get the disc early, the download code for the beta just won't work until late April.

LiK

neojubei said:
I thought a pic of the actual disc would be proof.

i dont think a pic is good enough for him. someone post a video with 360 degree degree so we can see every nook and cranny, stat!

WickedLaharl said:
sorry should've said i want more reports. i want more reports of people getting the dvd before i get all hot and bothered.

Will check in with EB Games in a while :)
Also, wait for our local EB/Gamestop employee to show up online and report on it :)

LiK

WickedLaharl said:
sorry should've said i want more reports. i want more reports of people getting the dvd before i get all hot and bothered.

that's true. only one dude who works there got it. we need more first hand accounts of people being able to pick it up at their stores

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WickedLaharl said:

ok I know what you mean. Hopefully more reports will be coming in.

Mamesj

Banned
WickedLaharl said:

I would like those too...called mine and they didn't get them yet. The official date is supposed to be April 1st, so it's possible they're getting them in now.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Hopefully this thing floods stores.... the last MG Saga was not very hard to find.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll call and ask right now.

Hmm, nope. Didn't get them in. My store usually gets stuff early too...

Bulla564

Banned
I don't get it!!!

To get this, all I have to do is preorder the game? the LE edition? does it have to be before a certain date? after a certain date?

This will be the first LE of ANY game I buy, and I don't care if for once in my life I am going through economic hardship.

MGS4 > vital necessities

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bulla564 said:
I don't get it!!!

To get this, all I have to do is preorder the game? the LE edition? does it have to be before a certain date? after a certain date?

This will be the first LE of ANY game I buy, and I don't care if for once in my life I am going through economic hardship.

MGS4 > vital necessities

You can preorder the regular or LE version to get it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
anddo0 said:
I'd bet most stores probably won't have it until the second week of April.

Most likely, or even if it was shipped today, most stores won't have it until next week sometime.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
bryehn said:
Any word on Canada yet?

Companies really need to stop keeping us in the dark about shit like this.
They probably won't do anything unless Canadians make a little noise about it :/

(you know... aside from the internet)

On the 85th KP Report Ryan said Europe gets the Saga DVD too!!! I hope I get it, cause last time I had to ask a friend of mine to get me the DVD.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Gamecrazy has it too. I picked mine up yesterday. Still haven't had time to check it out , but the case is very sexy.

anddo0

Tim111 said:
***MGS Saga 2.0 Update***

I just got off the phone with my local Gamestop store. Apparently the manager there is a huge Metal Gear fan so all questions about anything MGS are refered to him. He was told by his Regional Manager this morning that the Saga 2.0 discs are scheduled to ship on 4/3. He is expecting them to be in stores by 4/4. Take it for what its worth, just thought I'd pass the info along.

Also, Liquidus posted this response from gamestop online in another thread.

Dear Liquidus,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We have been informed by the manufacturer that the bonus disc including

the beta code and information will be shipped to the customers who

pre-ordered on 4/3/08
. However, as with any free bonus item, supplies

are limited and we cannot guarantee every customer who pre-ordered will

recieve one of these discs.

Souinds to me like we are getting close.

taken from: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=mgs&thread.id=230550

sounds logical to me

Top Bottom