• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

NeoUltima

So you know what I'm think...? Maybe Gamestop's policy is to not give the discs away until you purchase the game in full, this way people won't pre-order, get the disc, then cancel. That could explain why they want to email the beta code.

brokenFUN

EviLore said:
This one's done by a different company, according to Ryan Payton.

What? Do you no know the story of Metal Gear? I gave my 5 dollars up just to get in the beta. Probably just going to gamefly Metal Gear.

NeoUltima

Ok.....Gamestop is emailing the codes. I just called them to reclarify again. The guy said they are making out the emails tonight and are going to send them.

NeoUltima said:
Ok.....Gamestop is emailing the codes. I just called them to reclarify again. The guy said they are making out the emails tonight and are going to send them.

So, will they not be giving out the saga disc until launch?

SRG01

I'm gonna go to my EBGames right after work to check. I need to switch my preorder to the LE anyway, so I might as well ask.

brokenFUN

NeoUltima said:

Was the beta code not included in the saga disk? Why don't they save themselves the work and just give the people the disk. Not to mention the beta is a long time off from now.

tanod

when is my burrito
NeoUltima said:

They can't do that. If they have the discs, they have to give people them to the people who have a preorder. Sounds like they're trying to rip you off.

They don't even have an email address on file for some people.

goddamn my local gamestops are always clueless. i called one that is close to where my mom lives (45 mins away!) and they at least knew that the dvd was coming before the game. gonna call my mom and ask her to preorder there for me lol.

LiK

brokenFUN said:
Was the beta code not included in the saga disk? Why don't they save themselves the work and just give the people the disk. Not to mention the beta is a long time off from now.

maybe they fear mass cancellations once people got their SAGA discs. ;D

brokenFUN

tanod said:
They can't do that. If they have the discs, they have to give people them to the people who have a preorder. Sounds like they're trying to rip you off.

yeah that's what I'm thinking.

NeoUltima

tanod said:

They don't have the discs yet supposedly. And nope, they don't have my email address. Was I suppose to give it when I pre-ordered?

Super_Chicken said:
damn, canadian eb's not having any preorder deals at all :(

Starting to think even the LE might not happen...

Maybe if we could convince Ryan that not releasing the LE in Canada might affect the COH dev schedule...

steve

Banned
My EB in Kelowna just acted like I was smoking crack when I mentioned this thing...

God I hate uninformed retail clerks.

I preordered this awhile back, I better damn well get one of these discs. I already have Saga 1.

Epix

Any luck in AZ? Realistically, I don't think we'll see these things showing up consistently until next weekend.

steve said:
My EB in Kelowna just acted like I was smoking crack when I mentioned this thing...

God I hate uninformed retail clerks.
I hate trying to get pre order bonuses, 99% of the time the local clerks don't even know what the fuck I am talking about.

tha_con

Banned
I'll have to acquire two copies. I have two copies of the original saga as well, one opened, one not. I need to do the same here.

NeoUltima

Hmm...is it possible that some Gamestops won't even be getting the dvds? I called another one and they said they weren't doing this email thing. The guy said some stores might be doing via email and others with the dvd itself. Fuck :| I'm so confused now.
brokenFUN said:
What state are you in? Anyone find one in Illinois?
Florida.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
how does this pre-ordering bonus stuff work anyways? Does Konami just send Gamestop X amount of copies (say 50) hoping they'll get around that number or pre-orders? I'm planning on waiting until my local store gets them in, the pre-ordering/picking up Saga 2.

Just called my Gamestop (in PA) and they said they weren't giving them out until people picked up the game, which is obviously not entirely true as evidenced by this thread...

holy shit my mom was pissed at me for asking her to preorder a game...and then i told her she'd have to go back and pick up the dvd when they called. she said she'd do but to never ask again.

my mom hates that i'm into games so much, so i really shouldn't have asked.

brokenFUN

darkressurection said:
I hate trying to get pre order bonuses, 99% of the time the local clerks don't even know what the fuck I am talking about.

That's just the way it works. Its a way of life.

dralla

alr1ghtstart said:
how does this pre-ordering bonus stuff work anyways? Does Konami just send Gamestop X amount of copies (say 50) hoping they'll get around that number or pre-orders? I'm planning on waiting until my local store gets them in, the pre-ordering/picking up Saga 2.

yea, I wouldn't take that chance. they have the fill the pre-orders that came before you first.

neverknowsbest said:
Just called my Gamestop (in PA) and they said they weren't giving them out until people picked up the game, which is obviously not entirely true as evidenced by this thread...
That doesn't even make sense, how are gonna get in the beta?

Anybody get the promo code to work for the online beta? I'm not at home so I just tried the PlayStation Store (PC), and no go. Maybe it has to be done from the PS3 ...?

Top Bottom