• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

jvalioli

-xBerserker- said:
Anybody get the promo code to work for the online beta? I'm not at home so I just tried the PlayStation Store (PC), and no go. Maybe it has to be done from the PS3 ...?
The beta doesnt start til April.

Will you people stop the Chicken Little bullshit...
Seriously it is like most of you are like ten years old and have never pre-ordered anything before.
If you preordered you will get it.

steve

Banned
user friendly said:
Canadians are pretty much screwed right?
My wife's always bugging me sayign we never go anywhere... maybe we'll take a drive down across the border one of these weekends and preorder there. Should only take a few hours or so I think. :lol

OokieSpookie said:
Seriously it is like most of you are like ten years old and have never pre-ordered anything before.
I haven't gotten Pre Order Bonus for a ton of shit, so excuse me if I am a little worried about this one.

Gamestop employees don't know anything unless the promo is in the store. People are better off getting info from gaf here.

I'm almost certain that there will be plenty of DVDs to go around like last time.

kuYuri

I just called two Gamestops and they say they got nothing still or aren't aware of it. Meh, I should probably ask for the manager next time, although they might give me shit about it.

careksims

GalacticAE said:
Gamestop employees don't know anything unless the promo is in the store. People are better off getting info from gaf here.

I'm almost certain that there will be plenty of DVDs to go around like last time.

I wanna' believe with this guy. I think there will be plenty and they need to stress test the servers.

NeoUltima

Holy shit :lol I just pissed of that Gamestop :lol . So I called that other Gamestop, they confirmed that they were going to get the DVDs in sometime soon. So I called back the Gamestop who I pre-ordered from(the ones who said they were emailing the codes) and I told them what the other Gamestop said. Then the guy got pissed. He was like "Hey man, they may be right, we may be wrong. Or visa-versa". He also clarified that they, Gamestop, aren't sending the codes. He said they are sending emails to Konami(or the Metal Gear ppl as the clerk said :lol ), and Konami would do with that what they will. Then he said "ok?" and hung up. Damn, these idiots really need to learn wtf they are doing. I know more about this shit than they do. I just hope he doesn't try to do something to my pre-order since he has my phone number(If they are allowed to see the #s of people calling).

Shit, worst comes to worst, I'll just ebay the DVD. I don't care too much about the beta, simply because I don't want to spoil myself before MGS4 hits. (but if I get in the beta, I'll play the hell out if it anyway)

I called the Gamestop in Hollywood and the one on the Universal Citywalk and neither place has it :( Does anyone know of a Los Angeles Gamestoop that has the disc?

OokieSpookie said:

:lol :lol :lol

not where i live buddy. they take and give away bonuses to their friends all the time round these here parts.

brokenFUN

-xBerserker- said:
I'm aware of that, just want to get signed up.

There is no signing up. Someday in April there will be MGO:beta in the PSN store and to RUN it you need to input your code. thats it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LOL okay so I called the only GameCrazy here. They didn't get it. The idiot on the phone first tried to shill Ninja Gaiden 2 to me -_-... okay, and then he said they won't be giving out the DVDs until the game releases... WTF? Ugh. No fucking wonder they've filed Chapter 11.

NeoUltima said:
Holy shit :lol I just pissed of that Gamestop :lol . So I called that other Gamestop, they confirmed that they were going to get the DVDs in sometime soon. So I called back the Gamestop who I pre-ordered from(the ones who said they were emailing the codes) and I told them what the other Gamestop said. Then the guy got pissed. He was like "Hey man, they may be right, we may be wrong. Or visa-versa". He also clarified that they, Gamestop, aren't sending the codes. He said they are sending emails to Konami(or the Metal Gear ppl as the clerk said :lol ), and Konami would do with that what they will. Then he said "ok?" and hung up. Damn, these idiots really need to learn wtf they are doing. I know more about this shit than they do. I just hope he doesn't try to do something to my pre-order since he has my phone number(If they are allowed to see the #s of people calling).
Call that motherfucker back and ask to preorder Battletoads with the free WiiMote strap. Bastards like that fucking deserve it.

NeoUltima

brokenFUN said:
There is no signing up. Someday in April there will be MGO:beta in the PSN store and to RUN it you need to input your code. thats it.
You have the Saga Dvd? That's what it says? Awesome if true.

Salazar

Either I have missed a statement about what's happening in or for Australia, or nothing has been said. Any light to be shed, or am I within my rights to scowl at the Konami building next time I drive past ?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Is this extra with preorders of both LE and regular edition? Or just LE? Not sure which version to preorder...LE looks real good for once.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
I think I will pre-order at another gamestop tomorrow, just in case.

You shouldn't have to. All stores in a same area will have the same sorts of distro allocations. The three in my area do, anyway.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
brokenFUN said:
Now this is just silliness.

Why, I want to get two copies.

Kagari said:
You shouldn't have to. All stores in a same area will have the same sorts of distro allocations. The three in my area do, anyway.

So if I pre-order 2 LEs, they will give me 2 saga discs?

Returners

canada...

i called 2 local ebs, 1 of them (where i preordered) said only in in the US of A, the other one said to check back soon.

Do you get the Art Book mentioned on the Gamestop website if you order in store?

Can you pre-order from a Gamestop store over the phone, or do you have to be there in person?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rotten Markhor said:
Do you get the Art Book mentioned on the Gamestop website if you order in store?

Can you pre-order from a Gamestop store over the phone, or do you have to be there in person?

Yes, you get the artbook on top of the Saga DVD if you preorder the LE version.

steve

Banned
Returners said:
canada...

i called 2 local ebs, 1 of them (where i preordered) said only in in the US of A, the other one said to check back soon.

I got the "only in the USA" answer as well. Clueless noobs.

Saterium

Has anyone had any luck preordering the LE in Canada? I went to preorder yesterday but they didn't have a SKU for the LE.

brokenFUN

steve said:
I got the "only in the USA" answer as well. Clueless noobs.

The truth is that there jobs SUCK! If I was a clerk I wouldn't bother learning about game bonuses just so I can socialize with the pimple face consumers.

brokenFUN

Mefisutoferesu said:
Is this in store only or can I order this online?

You can but its useless without the beta key (witch expires) because I would expect the content of the DVD to be the same as vol 1. You would be getting the DVD when you get your game.

brokenFUN said:
You can but its useless without the beta key (witch expires) because I would expect the content of the DVD to be the same as vol 1. You would be getting the DVD when you get your game.
Ah thanks, that's OK though, to be honest I'm not a big online guy, so the beta isn't a big deal to me, but if SAGA Vol.2 is just Vol.1 redux maybe I'll just pa.... AHAHAHAHAHAHA, take my money kojima.

brokenFUN said:

That's a pretty dumb thing to expect. It wouldn't be vol.2 then would it?

Top Bottom