• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

Sallokin

Right, well if anyone lives at or around Holloman Air Force Base/Alamogordo in New Mexico our GS doesn't have it either and they don't know when they're getting it.

Nooreo said:
WAIT WAIT WAITTTT!! WHATT!!!
You get TWO CD's if you preorder?!, please some on answer!

No. 1 DVD and an artbook upon release with LE

I still sort of work at the EB in Cottonwood and they don't have it in. I assume next week around the same time everyone else should be getting it.

neojubei said:
Kagari, don't answer that, you never know who is reading these boards. I think a guy got fired from posting here.
lmao:lol

Chill....I work at a Gamestop in the Western Michigan area. Just curious.

neojubei said:
Kagari, don't answer that, you never know who is reading these boards. I think a guy got fired from posting here.

it's funny, because the guy that got fired did it because he was releasing stocking info on the mgs3 - subsistence le. it'd suck if this le claimed another job.

I tried preordering at a local Gamecrazy today, they said the wouldn't be getting the LE version.

I guess I'll go over to the nearby Gamestop later today and preorder it there.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Considering this is a promotion being promoted by Sony on the blog and obviously Konami I have hopes the stores will have plenty of the DVDs.

Ephemeris

>_________<

I wonder if Amazon will ever have the limited edition for sale. I have about $100 in credit that I'm dying to spend here !

Bah. Looks like I'll pre-ordering it from GS tomorrow.

PhiLonius

Just called my local gamestop and they apparently don't get the preorders until 2 weeks before the game releases....... but the person on the phone seemed to have no idea what I was talking about

PhiLonius said:
Just called my local gamestop and they apparently don't get the preorders until 2 weeks before the game releases....... but the person on the phone seemed to have no idea what I was talking about

They were wrong and lazy, if they pull that again demand a manager.
Seriously, call them on their crap and threaten to go to corporate.

Togeo

..... Or keep checking back and realize that not everybody who works at a game store is informed when preorder bonuses for this particular game come in and that person relayed what usually happens for preorder bonuses.. Your average floor worker doesn't get the emails that contains that information.

Ugh...this is such a mess. I called Gamestop today and the guy said "if we're getting it you're getting it," of course with him having no idea what they're getting.

They shouldn't announce this stuff until they have the retail channel aspect of it sorted out.

Johnas

If you don't have a Kagari at your store, just limit your frustration by asking for the store manager. I called earlier but mine wasn't in, so against my better judgment I attempted to communicate with one the regular employees about it and it was a complete disaster. It ended with her getting mad at me for even asking about it, then she finally says "I have no idea what you're even talking about! We don't sell DVDs here, only games!" at which point I politely said thanks and hung up.

Togeo said:
..... Or keep checking back and realize that not everybody who works at a game store is informed when preorder bonuses for this particular game come in and that person relayed what usually happens for preorder bonuses.. Your average floor worker doesn't get the emails that contains that information.

Gamestop is small, everyone has access to the information and if not then the manager is not doing his job and is an idiot.
No offense to our people who work at Gamestop but it is not a hard job, they are small stores with one main area of inventory.
Most stores around here get the list every morning printed out by either the Manager, the asm or the main keyholder.
I can not count how many times some asshat at Gamestop and EB would hand me a complete line of bullshit about something to the point of flat out lying about a product.
They walk around putting freaking games on shelves, or sometimes when the taskmaster cracks his whip they put some little yellow stickers on.
The really hardcore actually work a register.
Gamestop is not a bad word around a huge chunk of the internet for no reason.
I feel bad for people I know who work there that DO know their stuff and do stay on top of things and make it worth stopping in now and then because I know that they get lumped in with the general GS masses unfairly.

NeoUltima

I really hate when they put on a tone like they know what they're talking about, but they are actually making shit up. They almost fooled me with that "email the beta code" shenanigans today.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Kagari said:
By the college?
Hmmm ... I know SNUG and where he's from. I can't think of any locations in our area that match "by the college". Of course "West Michigan" is a pretty general description, eh?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
anachronous_one said:
Hmmm ... I know SNUG and where he's from. I can't think of any locations in our area that match "by the college". Of course "West Michigan" is a pretty general description, eh?

It is... but where in west Michigan is there a college town ;)

OokieSpookie said:
Not possible yet, hope we get word soon.
Damn it, I was hoping to pre-order it today. D:

Thanks though. Any ideas on when it may become available to pre-order? Or does it vary greatly between various products?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Kagari said:
It is... but where in west Michigan is there a college town ;)
lulz. Seriously?
Allendale has GVSU.
Grand Rapids has several including the CC, Calvin, Aquinas, and ???.
Kalamazoo has WMU.
Holland has Hope.
Muskegon has their CC.
... and I'm sure I'm leaving out a more than a few others of others.

Seriously. SNUG is good people, definitely not a corporate spy sent to crush fellow GAF members.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
anachronous_one said:
lulz. Seriously?
Allendale has GVSU.
Grand Rapids has several including the CC, Calvin, Aquinas, and ???.
Kalamazoo has WMU.
Holland has Hope.
Muskegon has their CC.
... and I'm sure I'm leaving out a more than a few others of others.

Seriously. SNUG is good people, definitely not a corporate spy sent to crush fellow GAF members.

I go to Western :X
My store is in Portage. I've already mentioned it before in the Retail Musings thread so I can't see it doing any harm.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Kagari said:
I go to Western :X
My store is in Portage. I've already mentioned it before in the Retail Musings thread so I can't see it doing any harm.
Stay where you are. Ninjas are on the way.
j/k. videogames --- serious business! ;)

Darkpen

Banned
I just got back from the Gamecrazy in Oakland, at this address:

3525 MAC ARTHUR BLVD, OAKLAND, CA

And god DAMN those employees don't know anything :(

First of all, I had to tell them they were supposed to give these preorder bonus discs away to people who are preordering, and the cashier asked me what system I wanted it for

what SYSTEM I WANTED IT FOR >_< :(

But yeah, they have a bunch because they haven't been handing them out at all. Ugh. Gonna cancel this later and maybe buy something I've been putting off. However, for whatever reason, they're charging $30 for Patapon :|

wtf

Anyways, yeah, gonna watch this, and maybe eat some chinese. Can't wait for the beta :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darkpen said:
I just got back from the Gamecrazy in Oakland, at this address:

3525 MAC ARTHUR BLVD, OAKLAND, CA

And god DAMN those employees don't know anything :(

First of all, I had to tell them they were supposed to give these preorder bonus discs away to people who are preordering, and the cashier asked me what system I wanted it for

what SYSTEM I WANTED IT FOR >_< :(

But yeah, they have a bunch because they haven't been handing them out at all. Ugh. Gonna cancel this later and maybe buy something I've been putting off. However, for whatever reason, they're charging $30 for Patapon :|

wtf

Anyways, yeah, gonna watch this, and maybe eat some chinese. Can't wait for the beta :D

So it seems most places that got it are in CA?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Himuro said:
I really need this since I have the first one AND the MGS3:S LE. I need it for collectors sake.
This.

Preordered at Gamestop today. No Saga DVD yet, though.

Would have been nice if it were a BR so we could see all this stuff in 1080p for the first time... Anyway I went to preorder it today, my GameStop had nothing, but were expecting them in "any day now".

Johnas

Kagari said:
So it seems most places that got it are in CA?

Is it safe to assume other Gamestops might get it tomorrow? I remember Friday being mentioned before.

Or do stores even get shipments then?

NeoUltima

Kagari(or some other GS worker) didn't all the stores get emails detailing the Saga DVD(when it will come, what it is, how to distribute it)? I am completed dumbfounded at how all but 1 of the GS people I've talked to never even heard of the thing.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Incidentally, is Gamestop gonna call when they get these in, or do I have to periodically check in? I asked the counter jockey at the store I preordered at and he didn't even know what I was talking about.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NeoUltima said:
Kagari(or some other GS worker) didn't all the stores get emails detailing the Saga DVD(when it will come, what it is, how to distribute it)? I am completed dumbfounded at how all but 1 of the GS people I've talked to never even heard of the thing.

We're getting the DVDs in April, from the sound of it, by next week. Anyone who has already preordered is guaranteed a copy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Link said:
Incidentally, is Gamestop gonna call when they get these in, or do I have to periodically check in? I asked the counter jockey at the store I preordered at and he didn't even know what I was talking about.

Call??? For a pre-bonus? from gamestop? I kind of doubt it.

Top Bottom