• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Preorder Bonus (MGS: Saga) appearing in Gamestop

lupinko

shagg_187 said:
So many MGS threads! Patriots are taking over!!!

That said, Old ;) I guess we can stick to this thread though.

mgs03ul6.jpg

Time to go pay Ebgamestop a visit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
TurtleSnatcher said:
Prepare to wait a bit longer.
LUCY, SPLAIN!!!!! And this news is certainly enough to worry me and go to my GS on a daily basis around 4-3-the year of our lord, 2008.

Big-E

So if I preorder the LE on gamestop's site, do I get the Saga DVD when they have them or when the game ships or not at all?

GQman2121

Banned
Homeboy at EB is going to call me when they get them in. More than likely next week is what I'm hearing. I can live with that.......

Nooreo

Just called my Local Gamestop the dude didn't know if we even get a Disk at all, and instead informed me with the beta and that i get it by email.

So he must be uninformed about the disk right guys? RIGHT?!. And he asked if we get it up front as soon as we get our pre order receipt.

so do you get the disk upfront or what?! i need more info on this because i want that blu-ray disk or dvd

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Nooreo said:
Just called my Local Gamestop the dude didn't know if we even get a Disk at all, and instead informed me with the beta and that i get it by email.

So he must be uninformed about the disk right guys? RIGHT?!. And he asked if we get it up front as soon as we get our pre order receipt.

so do you get the disk upfront or what?! i need more info on this because i want that blu-ray disk or dvd

I got it upfront when I preordered at Gamecrazy, and the beta code is inside, so I'm assuming they won't be emailing codes.

LiK

Captain Pants said:
I got it upfront when I preordered at Gamecrazy, and the beta code is inside, so I'm assuming they won't be emailing codes.

the closest Gamecrazy to me is in RI, no dice :(

So do you go to a site and enter that code in?

Captain Pants said:

No gamecrazy stores near me at all! :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
One of my Gamecrazys around here has the shipment but it hasnt been confirmed into the system. I guess I'm preordering a 4th copy of the game if I can get it in the next hour, lol.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
-xBerserker- said:
So do you go to a site and enter that code in?

No gamecrazy stores near me at all! :(

That's too bad.

I'll check out the details for what you need to do to get the beta when I get home from work. (Although that won't be for another 6 hours) I was too busy killing terrorists in R6V2 to check out Metal Gear Saga 2, so I haven't read the fine print on what you need to do to join the beta. I do know that it runs from April 17th through May 5th, so there is still time to get it all sorted out.

LiK

brokenFUN said:
Man That looks really fake. Whats with the Rating Pending logo for a DVD video?

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1143/mgs01yb4.jpg[/QUOTE]

haha, that's true but there's silver metallic paint! ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I really doubt someone would go to all that trouble to fake the embossed silver. RP said it would closely match MGSaga vol.1, and that looks like it does.

gray_fox224

Called my Gamestop in Davis. The manager said he should receive the disks next week. Looks like that April 3rd date seems to have some truth to it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rated pending for the beta, probably. Saga Vol 1 was rated M though for some reason, but at least it was a sticker on the shrinkwrap.

I'll post a bunch of captures if I get the Saga DVD in the next hour.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just got it. Pics incoming. I dont have time to watch it so no screencaps or impressions till later tonight.

Edit: sorry...no pics till later tonight, stupid camera batteries are dead

Tedesco!

According to the clerk at the gamestop in my town (Cincinnati) they do not expect to have any pre-order materials until June. WTF?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Okay, I got a few pics. Yeah, my desk is a mess. I now have FOUR copies of this game preordered. MGS4 is serious business. Can't wait to watch this later tonight. BTW, the dvd is region free.

Got it at Gamecrazy. San Jose. Story Road.

12219tz.jpg

992ioz.jpg

153bgvb.jpg

2d6uryh.jpg

2efsxva.jpg

NeoUltima

My Gamestop is retarded I guess. They keep insisting that there is no such pre-order disc. They think I'm talking about the disc that comes with the LE. *facepalm* And now they are saying that they need me to come into the store and give them my email if I want a beta code.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... there's a Saga vol.2 if I preorder MGS4? Is it too late? Can I preorder anywhere? I thought there was going to be JUST an SE and normal copy.

brokenFUN

NeoUltima said:
My Gamestop is retarded I guess. They keep insisting that there is no such pre-order disc. They think I'm talking about the disc that comes with the LE. *facepalm* And now they are saying that they need me to come into the store and give them my email if I want a beta code.

Yeah those GS clerks are full of it.

this fucking sucks. i just called my gamestop and they still haven't heard shit about any preorder bonus. the guy told me he didn't even know if they'd get it even if they hear about it.

brokenFUN

Mefisutoferesu said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... there's a Saga vol.2 if I preorder MGS4? Is it too late? Can I preorder anywhere? I thought there was going to be JUST an SE and normal copy.

RUN!

gray_fox224

Mefisutoferesu said:

Go reserve it today.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
brokenFUN said:
Dont bother. Volume 1 wasn't very good. I don't expect much out of Vol 2.

This one's done by a different company, according to Ryan Payton.

We have one competent GS but it is about 30 min from my house. They told me they would call when they got the discs in but I gotta get down there and pre order.

Top Bottom